PDA

View Full Version : 3D Tic Tac Toe

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 23:02
LMelior (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=693760) has released a 3D version of TicTactoe for the PSP, heres the release details:

I made an isometric tiling system in Lua, and I wanted a simple game to test out various things I wanted to be able to do. I remember having fun playing 3D tic tac toe in high school calculus, because I was one of the few in class who saw that you simply cannot lose when you go first on a 3x3x3 board. So, I made my own version of it, which includes a 3x3x3 board and a 4x4x4 board, and fairly intelligent AI.

There are plenty more things I planned to do, such as adding multiplayer support, improving the "hard" AI in 4x4x4, tweaking the "hard" AI in 3x3x3 so that he definitely beats you everytime he goes first (he's already quite good, but if you are lucky he'll put his second piece in a spot that both forces you to block him and get two in a row), adding some cool winning animation, allowing rotation of the game board, and actually having good graphics. Right now, all of the graphics except for the gameboard backgrounds are hand drawn by yours truly...so in other words, they are atrocious. I figure it just adds character .

However, I just don't feel like working on this anymore. There are other uses to which I would like to put my isometric tiling skills . There are no sounds, just my awful, awful excuse for artwork.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via lmelior (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=993013&postcount=1)

Malksta
August 29th, 2006, 23:11
Look's Nice..

JD/
August 29th, 2006, 23:23
lol i wouldnt mind playing "tic-tac-toe" jus never heard of the 3d version ill try it.

carrotman97
August 29th, 2006, 23:37
has the game different gamplay or is it just 3d view?

alucard001
August 30th, 2006, 00:12
hey guys im a pretty experienced psp user but i know nothing of the Ipod, i plan on buying a 30GB Ipod video but, do you need to buy itunes and pay a dollar ($1) for each song? I asked the clerk at bestbuy and he is like telling me I nedd Itunes, what I want to know also is if you can put your own songs from your computer to the ipod

crackkills
August 30th, 2006, 01:24
hey look good as for the ipod thing ill pm you if possible i got a little tip for you to get songs cheaper (not illegally at all I swear, just a little trick)