PDA

View Full Version : max media dock issue

BlueStar
August 30th, 2006, 01:46
i can't get twin isles to run on my mmd, and it looks like a great game! anyone know how to make it mmd compatible?

iball
August 30th, 2006, 09:46
Buy a REAL flashcart.
Seriously, there's a TON of these MMD threads and no one seems to listen to the real flashcart experts in here and they just run out and buy that el cheapo Max Media Crap and then run around asking everyone how to work it.
Throw it in the trash and order a REAL flashcart.

Solitude
August 30th, 2006, 10:52
1. The answer to BlueStar's question is:
- Make sure you got the latest version, twinisles-2.zip.
- Copy the twinisles.nds to your card (make sure to put it in the root) and rename the file to bootme.nds
If it is just twinisles, that means you cant see the extension, no problem, just rename it bootme
- This will force Datel's software to boot directly the game. This allow you to play the game and called bootme-fix. But will force you do nothing else. So its basically no help. At least you manage to see the game :P So basically, Twin Isles is not compatible with MMD.
- If you using the MMD 4gb HD version, get rid of the HD. You will see that many of the games are incompatible with it. You can buy a good CF card and install it to HD's place.
- If you are using Datel's own CF card, those suck also. Try it with another CF card if you can.

Last words:
- The game works positive, I managed to get all versions with the method I told you.
- If you are going to buy a CF card make sure you get a fast one. Do market research.

2. Now to answer iball; some people are stuck with MMD because:
- They can't shop online, Datel's products are too widespread and available in stores.
- They are not techno geeks that can read 100 pages of forums.
- They are only child and the thing is just a present.
- They believed the lies on Datel's web page.

Seriously, its not only you. Somehow I sense a hatred against MMD users. Ok, nearly all of MMD users realise we made a mistake. Personally, I will never buy from Datel again and will probably buy a 1 slot solution from M3 if it ever comes out. But for now, I spent 150 dollars to MMD config and don't want to spent any more. So we are stuck with MMD. It would help a lot if people stop calling "MMD is piece of crap, go buy [insert his own favorites]" and instead tried to help...
My two cents...

BlueStar
August 31st, 2006, 23:24
1. The answer to BlueStar's question is:
- Make sure you got the latest version, twinisles-2.zip.
- Copy the twinisles.nds to your card (make sure to put it in the root) and rename the file to bootme.nds
If it is just twinisles, that means you cant see the extension, no problem, just rename it bootme
- This will force Datel's software to boot directly the game. This allow you to play the game and called bootme-fix. But will force you do nothing else. So its basically no help. At least you manage to see the game :P So basically, Twin Isles is not compatible with MMD.
- If you using the MMD 4gb HD version, get rid of the HD. You will see that many of the games are incompatible with it. You can buy a good CF card and install it to HD's place.
- If you are using Datel's own CF card, those suck also. Try it with another CF card if you can.

Last words:
- The game works positive, I managed to get all versions with the method I told you.
- If you are going to buy a CF card make sure you get a fast one. Do market research.

2. Now to answer iball; some people are stuck with MMD because:
- They can't shop online, Datel's products are too widespread and available in stores.
- They are not techno geeks that can read 100 pages of forums.
- They are only child and the thing is just a present.
- They believed the lies on Datel's web page.

Seriously, its not only you. Somehow I sense a hatred against MMD users. Ok, nearly all of MMD users realise we made a mistake. Personally, I will never buy from Datel again and will probably buy a 1 slot solution from M3 if it ever comes out. But for now, I spent 150 dollars to MMD config and don't want to spent any more. So we are stuck with MMD. It would help a lot if people stop calling "MMD is piece of crap, go buy [insert his own favorites]" and instead tried to help...
My two cents...
the whole bootme thing seems interesting... i should try that. but then, i would have nothing else to do... the solution, in my own words, and normal-forum appropriate, is crudola. and i just wanted to get into homebrew for not a lot of dough, so i found the mmd for $40. plus, i believed their lies. and it takes them 4 days to answer the emails i send them!!!

right now, im askin them if theres some kind of converter on the internet to make all nds files mmd compatibe, or if theyre gonna update the software.

Junixx
September 1st, 2006, 04:23
The cheapest way to get into Ds homebrew is the GBAMP CF (NOT the SD version (about $25) it does not come with a CF card though, mine works for probably 85%-95% of homebrew games/apps