PDA

View Full Version : Help on picking a card

RetroGoth
August 30th, 2006, 05:56
I'm a nood at this but I'll be getting a ds lite soon and I'm wondering what's the deal with these cards. I would like to find one out of the bunch to be able to play movies, view pictures, gba and nds games, and of course emulators. Don't get me wrong I'm still going to buy nintendo ds games especially ff3 when it comes out lol. Anyways thanks for the help. I also heard that you need to get a keypass or something for them to work...I'm lost sorry

ACID
August 30th, 2006, 06:04
Isay supercard lite but homebrew hunter will say M3

andysjones
August 30th, 2006, 12:49
I say supercard lite too

iball
August 30th, 2006, 13:50
Anything but Max Media Crap.
I say SC Lite as well though.

dkjr83
August 30th, 2006, 13:51
I have an M3 CF right now and it's great, but I'm about to get a supercard lite because of its save function and backloading micro sd card.

The M3 lite is almost out, it's probably comparable to the sueprcard lite, if not better, but again it comes down to some specific things like saving, gba support (for which the M3 is better) and your preference of flash card position.

RetroGoth
August 30th, 2006, 17:25
thanks for the info guys!

demondude777
August 30th, 2006, 20:03
M3 SD...who doesn't have SD cards lying around from old cameras? Put them to good use!

Mourningstar
August 31st, 2006, 06:23
M3 SD...who doesn't have SD cards lying around from old cameras? Put them to good use!
Me. :o

All of this DS homebrew shit is confusing the **** out of me.....I might pass on a DS all together because of it...

ACID
August 31st, 2006, 06:50
Me. :o

All of this DS homebrew shit is confusing the **** out of me.....I might pass on a DS all together because of it...
Well its real easy to use. Doesnt take a rocket scientis. Its harder to downgrade your PSP. :D

iball
August 31st, 2006, 11:18
Well its real easy to use. Doesnt take a rocket scientis. Its harder to downgrade your PSP. :D
True.dat

I love it when the PSP fanbois run around saying it's 'easier' to run homebrew on a PSP than it is on a DS.
The same fanbois using the stock 32MB or 1GB Memorystick that came with their PSP and the only UMD they have is the demo one that came with it.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 31st, 2006, 12:23
Isay supercard lite but homebrew hunter will say M3

Oooh, ya got meeeeeeeeeeee!

M3, yeah.

demondude777
August 31st, 2006, 16:45
True.dat

I love it when the PSP fanbois run around saying it's 'easier' to run homebrew on a PSP than it is on a DS.
The same fanbois using the stock 32MB or 1GB Memorystick that came with their PSP and the only UMD they have is the demo one that came with it.

At one time it was easier. I got my PSP in June of last year....when getting 1.50 was just done by walking into a gamestore and buying one. Then just get a memory card and drag the folders on to it. 95% of the bboots were already set up to run.

But those days are all done...ta-082s, firmware updates....everything is getting more complicated for the PSP.

THe DS can be a little overwelming because we know the basics of what we need....something for the ds game slot and something for the gba slot...but there are so many options.

PSP is pretty cut and dry...buy it and maybe you can downgrade it. DS is different...do you get the M3? What about the Supercard? Do you want to flash it? Etc?

RetroGoth
September 11th, 2006, 18:47
is this the super card you are all talking about? http://www.realhotstuff.com/superkey-kingston-card-card-reader-p-111.html

ACID
September 11th, 2006, 18:54
is this the super card you are all talking about? http://www.realhotstuff.com/superkey-kingston-card-card-reader-p-111.html
Yes its this one right here with very frequent updates in software. Oh and emulators already come with it Example NES , GBA , GBC , SMS , SGG & PC-Engine.:eek: :D
http://eng.supercard.cn/

RetroGoth
September 11th, 2006, 19:05
Yes its this one right here with very frequent updates in software. Oh and emulators already come with it Example NES , GBA , GBC , SMS , SGG & PC-Engine.:eek: :D
http://eng.supercard.cn/

thanks!

ACID
September 11th, 2006, 19:47
No problem. I have been trough all and this is the best so far. And i will keep on buying the newones just from pure addiction. DS Link & Extreme

The Hombrew Hunter
September 11th, 2006, 20:50
Acidburn, the M3 has all of those built-in.

Total. Fanboy.

Supercard has worse GBA support...

Magician45
September 12th, 2006, 00:25
I got a question kinda related to this topic. i bought a GBA(yes im that poor) and i was wondering can a flash card work there? and if it can then can it also play snes and gba roms?

also how many roms would fit in 154 mbs?

ReL0aDed
September 13th, 2006, 22:32
Keep in mind that the Supercard isn't the best flash cart for playing GBA games, I've sadly experienced that. Many GBA games doesn't work at all, and those who do, often have slowdown issues.

Now I've only had the original big SD-version of the Supercard, but as I understand, the functions of the Supercard SD and Supercard Lite are generally unchanged.

I've recently got an EZFlash IV Lite flashcart, and what a difference on the GBA compatibility. All the games I've tested worked well.

Also the M3 Lite Micro SD and G6 Flash could be good choices for a NDS flashcart (Btw the G6 Flash only has 4 GBit, or 512 MByte of memory intergrated because of the flash data storage).

But on NDS game compatibility though, the Supercard is exellent.

demondude777
September 14th, 2006, 07:52
What nds games work for the Supercard and not the M3?