PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Disc problems

Hawky05
August 30th, 2006, 16:58
Having decieded to re-purchase Marvel vs Capcom 2 again today..

Getting all excited about it I put the disc in... waited... waited.. waited.. you get the point. Then.. oh whats this ?

Error reading Disc. :mad: Ok... maybe it needs cleaning.. tried that about 10 times to no avail.

I then remembered a few years back my PS2 had a problem with reading blue discs. As I still had warrantey from the PS2 that was stolen previously... I got a new one to replace it.

The new one (which is still the one I have now) worked fine.. read all of the discs.
but now that I want it to work... I'm getting the same problem.

What I want to know is.. Is there any way to solve this problem without getting a new PS2? (my warranty has now ran out)

People have been saying that they had a similar problem and got told to stand the PS2 up vertically.. they say it worked fine for them... My PS2 has pretty much been stood vertically for over a year now. But it doesn't solve anything.

If anyone can help it'll be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

bullhead
August 30th, 2006, 17:01
Take it apart and swab the lens with some alcohol on the end of a Q-Tip. That worked for me. Search google for a guide for dismantling the console, as there are a number of different ps2 models out there.

Good luck, bullhead

Hawky05
August 30th, 2006, 17:21
Thanks... Is this the only option avaliable?

bullhead
August 30th, 2006, 18:05
probably not, but it still works.

Hawky05
August 30th, 2006, 18:17
Oh ok.. thanks anyway :D