PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Wristwatch

wraggster
August 30th, 2006, 22:44
Yep you read right, Sega are to release on the 29th September a Watch which has a Dreamcast has its face. Heres 2 screenshots:

http://image4.play-asia.com/350/PA.71091.001.jpg

http://image1.play-asia.com/350/PA.71091.002.jpg

The cost of the watch is US$ 129.90 (~69.17 GBP) and must be considered a collectors item. The watch is only in limited numbers.

Those who wish to Preorder can do so at Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-3m-49-en-84-j-70-1iur.html)

FrierTuck
August 31st, 2006, 00:48
DC SCHWAG YAYAYAYAYA sorry, but exciting

crackkills
August 31st, 2006, 04:27
MAN im poor i wish it was a little cheaper

quzar
August 31st, 2006, 05:34
! I know what I'm now saving for!!

razorak
August 31st, 2006, 05:35
oooo...looks nice

GagaMan
August 31st, 2006, 12:44
(Don't)WANT(to pay that much for one).

Dull Blade
August 31st, 2006, 15:29
damn i want it, but i dont like the price. i think it should of been 50$ tops.

MetaFox
August 31st, 2006, 16:58
damn i want it, but i dont like the price. i think it should of been 50$ tops.
You have to remember that the price is higher than it would cost in Japan due to import costs.

I don't know if this is new or not though. There was a Dreamcast direct watch:

http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/pics/extrasjpn/dreamcastwatchblack.jpg

I don't know if that release had a silver variation or not, but the watch looks awfully similar.

quzar
August 31st, 2006, 17:25
I just looked at playasia, is there any way to verify that this is Sega official, and not just some cheap (well, expensive) knockoff of the watch metafox mentioned?

FrierTuck
August 31st, 2006, 19:51
hmm, we could always get someone with a bunch of money to buy one and then examin it

Dull Blade
August 31st, 2006, 21:01
When you look at it, its a watch, how much could postage cost, its not that big of an object 15-20$. i would easily pay 50 + 20 shipping. come on you could buy a gamecube or a used xbox for 130$. but its still a nice watch.

FrierTuck
September 1st, 2006, 03:42
actually, the sed GCs at like EB games are like 80 i think, or less

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 1st, 2006, 07:41
u took metaCrook's word at (two-)face(d) value? and why does Sega Of Anywhere keep releasing this DC stuff when they don't support it?! It's like when Fox cancelled family guy yet continued trying to make a buck on its DVD sales. Sega can't hae it both ways, atleast in prinicpal..

FrierTuck
September 1st, 2006, 17:27
dude, they dont make DCs cause they dont think its a good fiscal move anymore, they never said "we hate the dc, lets not release anything for it" they did it cause games werent bringing in the cash

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2006, 18:57
My guess, Sega now realizes that the dreamcast is kind of an old school rareity and this is could be compared to nintendos "roots" campaign.

Also the dreamcast is somthing thats never happened before. A failed system that was and still is respected and played and unnoficially still being developed for by gamers after more than 5 years its of failure. Sega should be proud.

FrierTuck
September 1st, 2006, 21:07
that stuff is annoying, all those poser video game players with the "classicaly trained" shirts

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2006, 04:37
that stuff is annoying, all those poser video game players with the "classicaly trained" shirts
couldnt agree more :(

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 04:40
I wish they made the same but a PSP... :)

hujiko
September 4th, 2006, 16:58
thst pretty crazy but too expensive

Shadowblind
September 4th, 2006, 17:03
o_O

Is it really thAT neat? Yeah it looks kinda cool, but it looks flimsy and uncomfortable...

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 4th, 2006, 22:51
fiscal my foot! If there wasnt a shortage in 1999-2000 in stock they would had sold those units but instead alowed the PS2 TO take advantage of it. Then there are the constant unreleased games. And they spoiled the Japanese market but not the US with these devices. some of this has gotta be on purpose..

quzar
September 4th, 2006, 23:05
fiscal my foot! If there wasnt a shortage in 1999-2000 in stock they would had sold those units but instead alowed the PS2 TO take advantage of it. Then there are the constant unreleased games. And they spoiled the Japanese market but not the US with these devices. some of this has gotta be on purpose..

There was no shortage of DCs. That is a common misconception. In fact in mid 2000 they had to stop making DCs, not in an attempt to kill off the line, but because there were SOOO many sitting unsold that it didn't make sense to manufacture any more. As for devices the japanese got that we didn't, do you have a DreamKara or a DreamEye (the two major accessories the japanese got that we didn't) ? I do. They are fairly useless. The karaoke unit required subscription to a japanese service that made you download songs to use them, and the DreamEye made it very difficult to transfer pictures to a PC (the only way was to use the DC email system to email them to yourself). As a webcam/two way conference device it was ok, but otherwise... meh.

JKKDARK
September 5th, 2006, 20:50
haha a good one

MetaFox
September 6th, 2006, 21:38
I just looked at playasia, is there any way to verify that this is Sega official, and not just some cheap (well, expensive) knockoff of the watch metafox mentioned?
I doubt it's a knockoff. If anything, it could be a restock of the original Dreamcast Direct watches.

VampDude
September 6th, 2006, 23:29
gonna get my girlfrienfd to get me one, she owes me a watch anyway lol...
...longstoryshort I left my G-Shock at a hotel cause we rushed out and I forgot to put it on :( so im gonna get her to buy me 2 of these! :D

M Dash
September 7th, 2006, 15:06
Now THIS is a watch I would LOVE to have...
Because... I don't use any watches... loool

FrierTuck
September 8th, 2006, 02:11
hmm, well, maybe insted of a new psp i should save up for this sucker, a psp may be flashy in groups, but this will stick out like a midget, no offense to any little people who may be reading this, i just meant that ya'll dont blend in to crowds as well, then again, neither do i lol, i stick out like a giant whiteman, lol

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 8th, 2006, 09:23
There was no shortage of DCs. That is a common misconception. In fact in mid 2000 they had to stop making DCs, not in an attempt to kill off the line, but because there were SOOO many sitting unsold that it didn't make sense to manufacture any more. As for devices the japanese got that we didn't, do you have a DreamKara or a DreamEye (the two major accessories the japanese got that we didn't) ? I do. They are fairly useless. The karaoke unit required subscription to a japanese service that made you download songs to use them, and the DreamEye made it very difficult to transfer pictures to a PC (the only way was to use the DC email system to email them to yourself). As a webcam/two way conference device it was ok, but otherwise... meh.
THEY Got the last game releases, they had games like MvC2 ONLINE! They got all the nice gadgets and gizmoes. all those custom DCs. all the conests. All of these great games. and your telling me demand did not exceeded supply in '98-'99?!

FrierTuck
September 10th, 2006, 05:14
yah they had all that stuff, but not outside of Japan

roland247
December 21st, 2006, 05:23
that watch is cool but id just buy extra dreamcast systems if i was gonna throw down all that money i already have 3 or 4 but you can never have too many dreamcast lol

VampDude
December 21st, 2006, 05:42
I would rather have the watch, it's a piece of Dreamcast memorabilia

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 21st, 2006, 07:53
its not evenall that. and you say the huge costs r due to s&h?! maybe ten bux thats worth.

mesosade
December 21st, 2006, 13:57
If it was worth that much it would have to be PLAYABLE :D sonic adventure on a watch...Now that's a innovative idea for sega.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 22nd, 2006, 14:19
they dont support ANY of their consoles anymore and im tired of them tring to then at this late in the game try to proffit off of novelties. its just inappropriate. enough is enough at some point.