PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea PSP disclosed

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 01:49
Knife-wielding penguin henchmen that double as grenades. A rotten adolescent prince of darkness determined to rule the netherworld by hook or by crook. An open-ended structure that encourages players to keep playing the game and developing their characters long after the main storyline is finished. With components like these, it's not difficult to see how Nippon Ichi's PlayStation 2 strategy role-playing game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness became a cult classic when it was released in 2003.

While Nippon Ichi went on to explore other corners of the strategy role-playing niche with games like Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, and Generations of Chaos, the developer is now set to once again explore the depths of the netherworld. The company's follow-up, Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories, hits stores in the US this week, and its domestic counterpart, NIS America, marked the occasion by announcing the series' first excursion onto the PSP.

Set for a November release in Japan, Makai Senki Disgaea Portable will bring the original PlayStation 2 game to the PSP with some added features. First off, there will be a number of new scenarios and dungeons, some of which will feature "characters that nobody would expect to see in Disgaea." As for the characters that one would expect to find in the game, they all return, along with their original voice actors, who are providing extra lines of dialogue.

While a US release hasn't been confirmed yet, NIS America has said it would like to bring the title over, and promised that it would add something special exclusively to the North American version of the game. However, the company is also asking for fan support to help get the game released domestically.

"Because Disgaea is an incredible fan favorite, NIS America is eager to bring Disgaea Portable to the US fans," the company said. "But in order to make it happen, we will need to prove there is enough support and demand for Disgaea Portable! So we would appreciate it if you could support us by raising your voice and making some noise for Disgaea Portable in the US!"

Via Gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6156794.html)

publicprivates
August 31st, 2006, 01:56
time to release some videos of me yelling about how we need disgaea in the us on youtube lol :)

jrsmaster411
August 31st, 2006, 02:23
disgaea rules I hope it comes to us or ill have to import it and download a translation script

crackkills
August 31st, 2006, 04:01
i cant wait it sounds 'freakin sweet'

ACID
August 31st, 2006, 06:31
disgaea rules I hope it comes to us or ill have to import it and download a translation script
I second that i will do the same.:D

donne
August 31st, 2006, 06:43
I still wish there's a Front Mission in the works..

Junior
August 31st, 2006, 14:34
So, they want us to make some noise.

How do we do that?

QueadlunnRau
August 31st, 2006, 14:39
I still wish there's a Front Mission in the works..

I'm SOO happy Disgaea is coming out. Also I TOTALLY AGREE WE NEED A FRONT MISSION ON THE PSP.

So far only a couple of good stratagy games are out on the PSP. I mean the platform is PERFECT for stratagy games!

Basil Zero
September 1st, 2006, 02:06
I'll sign up, where do i go!!!!!

DISGAEA!!!!

YAY!!!!

Uruz 6
September 1st, 2006, 12:45
I'm SOO happy Disgaea is coming out. Also I TOTALLY AGREE WE NEED A FRONT MISSION ON THE PSP.

So far only a couple of good stratagy games are out on the PSP. I mean the platform is PERFECT for stratagy games!

I hear you but given that we didn't receive Front Mission 5 for the ps2 it's fair to guess we won't see one for the psp; anyway good thing Disgaea is coming (I think the game is too famous to remain outside of english speking countries).