PDA

View Full Version : Business 2.0: N-Gage failed the "Sky Mall" test

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 01:56
Nokia's N-Gage was the last mainstream video game platform to call it quits due to poor sales, at least until 2007. With that, the recent September issue of Business 2.0 (online article pending) explores the secrets to a successful product launch and cites the N-Gage as failing one of the most important product development metrics: The "Sky Mall" test. That is, if your product can be found in Sky Mall magazine (that poopsky product magazine on planes that you read out of boredom) then don't launch the product if you hope to reach the masses. Generally speaking, "do-all" products with poor messaging are an easy find in the magazine.

So what other gaming products might be found in Sky Mall, and will selling convergence to a large audience ever be easy?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 1st, 2006, 08:55
oh yea? how old is sky mall and if i look thru back issues will i find NES, SNES, genesis, PS1, etc?

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2006, 18:48
oh yea? how old is sky mail and if i look thru back issues will i find NES, SNES, genesis, PS1, etc?

sky mall isnt that old. Also please learn to use the edit button to delete things when you make a mistake.