PDA

View Full Version : NDS: New Game Release - Crystals v1

Orczalon
August 31st, 2006, 02:12
Hi Everyone!

Crystals is my first NDS Homebrew game and is based on an old board game called Black Box.

The basic premise is that you shoot rays into the game board and based on their behavior, you are able to locate hidden crystals. A ray can HIT the crystal, be REFLECTED back the way it came in or be DEFLECTED out another way. The rules are a little tricky to catch on to at first but after you get the hang of it, the game is very addictive. Refer to this Wikipedia Site Wikipedia site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Box_%28game%29) for an excellent description of the rules.

The game is fully playable now and I have the following to finish up in future versions....

-Better graphics (this version has just enough to get the main game engine going)
-Options (Number of hidden crystals, timed mode vs. standard mode, etc)
-On board rules and help
-Save game and statistics

I have tested it on an M3CF and a G6Lite with no problems.

Download Via Comments

Please give it a try, and let me know if you have any questions, comments, bug reports, etc.

Thanks!

-Orczalon

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 02:31
thanks for the release :)

you can now post direct and upload big files to the ds news forum :)

jamesgloucester
August 31st, 2006, 13:01
Works great, nice to see people releaseing homebrew thats works on the G6 for a change. Usually just the GBAMP/M3/Supercard.

iball
August 31st, 2006, 13:20
the .NDS file works perfectly on my Supercard mini-SD.
Nice little game!

Orczalon
September 1st, 2006, 02:44
Thanks very much for the info and for trying it out! I should have another version up early next week. :)

-Orczalon

Payk
September 1st, 2006, 06:37
Seems to be a nice game...i will try out.

ACID
September 1st, 2006, 06:39
Nice job man keep them comming.

Pumpkinbot
October 27th, 2007, 07:54
Cool! I'll try iy out!

EDIT: Uh, it says "Press START." I press START. Nothing happens...Help!

Shrygue
October 27th, 2007, 21:43
Lockage applied. Don't bump dead old threads.