PDA

View Full Version : Rumour Time - Downgrader for 2.71 Coming Soon ?

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 15:30
Im sure you have read it on other forums and even posted on some sites but yes a downgrader for 2.71 firmware PSPs is being worked on, will it come today, well its maybe and a maybe not, one thing i can say is that the hackers working on the downgrader (who i shall not name to spare them tons of people bugging them) have said a downgrader for 2.80 PSPs is not possible at this time but the good thing is that the 2.71 downgrader can also access Kernal Mode which has you know is great for any future releases wishing to push the most out of the power of the PSP.

As soon as the release happens and by that i mean that they have fully tested it and alls well we will have it posted on here.

With the incoming downgrader and eloader its an exciting time for PSP owners once again.

Malksta
August 31st, 2006, 15:35
:)

bullhead
August 31st, 2006, 15:45
It certainly is exciting. This will definately keep me on the lookout. Oh yes, yes it will...

-LO-LEADER1
August 31st, 2006, 15:49
nice...my friend has been stuck forever e'll be glad to hear this

JD/
August 31st, 2006, 15:50
o yea the 1.5 army is expanding :D

beansta
August 31st, 2006, 15:51
gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got 2 psps though. one at 2.71 nad of course 1.5 (obviously). still debating whether 2 downgrade or nt if nethin cums out of this. ah well........................

red_sox32
August 31st, 2006, 15:56
no 2.80 downgrader? damm :(

shinysuitman
August 31st, 2006, 16:07
given enough time, you'll be able to wander freely between firmwares. Its just gotten to that point of hackers being able to do ANYTHING they want, given enough time.

jools
August 31st, 2006, 16:12
Yeh!!! :D :D :D

Nikolaos
August 31st, 2006, 16:38
If it's true (im sure it is) YEH!!!:D :D :D

Ofcourse its true mate , the TIF exploit saying hello world on 2.0-2.8 PSPs just proved home written code can be executed on those firmwares. As for me I have 1.5 PSP but I am sure my friend would love to see this :) he's a homebrew newbie.

Rocksil
August 31st, 2006, 16:42
I Cant Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):):):):)

carpy
August 31st, 2006, 16:48
The Libtiff exploit and forthcoming eloader will have kernel level access. Thus, all homebrew that runs on 1.50 will run on 2.0 - 2.71.

The only thing that WON'T run on 2.0-2.71 is ISO loaders.

Once the new eloader is released, the only reason people will want to downgrade is to run pirated ISOs and software that the homebrew community despises.

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 31st, 2006, 16:49
I hope that more people can enjoy homebrew soon!!! I love it

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 31st, 2006, 16:55

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 31st, 2006, 16:56
The Libtiff exploit and forthcoming eloader will have kernel level access. Thus, all homebrew that runs on 1.50 will run on 2.0 - 2.71.

The only thing that WON'T run on 2.0-2.71 is ISO loaders.

Once the new eloader is released, the only reason people will want to downgrade is to run pirated ISOs and software that the homebrew community despises.

That is very true but people may wanna downgrade cos they havent got GTA :p
The only problem with ISO loaders is that Software developers and Sony will probaly want to pull the plug on the PSP meaning that the life of the PSP maybe cut short(although i can only played of maybe 2 PSP games that are worth buyin anyway)
I spend more tiome on my New emulators and homebrew games and apps...
ISO loaders just speeds its death...

Oh well sony...

Rocksil
August 31st, 2006, 16:57
If u really wanna play isos u will need to download then

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 31st, 2006, 16:59
If u really wanna isos u will need to download then

Yes the downgrader does not come with Isos!!!
:p

bbrewer01
August 31st, 2006, 17:00
maybe i don't understand this but i thought the reason 1.5 fw psp were so good was because they acieved kernal mode and 2.0 through 2.71 couldn't. but now because of this expliot we found that 2.0 through 2.71 can acieve kernal mode so why would you want to downgrade? if i understand right, i have i 2.6 and running homebrew on it will be just the same as 1.5

jools
August 31st, 2006, 17:04
I wan't to downgrade because I prefer not having to run the eloader.:)

troom
August 31st, 2006, 17:04
will you be able to use the snes,dgen,gba, emultors on 2.71 with this eloader or will the eboot have to be converted first

carpy
August 31st, 2006, 17:06
That is very true but people may wanna downgrade cos they havent got GTA :p
The only problem with ISO loaders is that Software developers and Sony will probaly want to pull the plug on the PSP meaning that the life of the PSP maybe cut short(although i can only played of maybe 2 PSP games that are worth buyin anyway)
I spend more tiome on my New emulators and homebrew games and apps...
ISO loaders just speeds its death...

Oh well sony...

The new eloader won't require GTA.

It's a TIFF exploit and goes in your photos folder.

Rocksil
August 31st, 2006, 17:07
i wanna downgrade so i can play homebrew like smashgpsp

carpy
August 31st, 2006, 17:09
maybe i don't understand this but i thought the reason 1.5 fw psp were so good was because they acieved kernal mode and 2.0 through 2.71 couldn't. but now because of this expliot we found that 2.0 through 2.71 can acieve kernal mode so why would you want to downgrade? if i understand right, i have i 2.6 and running homebrew on it will be just the same as 1.5

exactly.

The only reason to downgrade after this new eloader is released would be to run ISO loaders, custom firmware, and devhook, all of which Sony wants to stop.

jak66
August 31st, 2006, 17:10
dunno if its true or not but on his forums ahman said something about irshell not working through this exploit or something, so you may have to degrade for stuff like irshell

Mr. Shizzy
August 31st, 2006, 17:26
exactly.

The only reason to downgrade after this new eloader is released would be to run ISO loaders, custom firmware, and devhook, all of which Sony wants to stop.

I'm at 1.5 & thats where I'm staying bro. The reason being my custom firmware. Despite what you say there is nothing morally wrong with using custom firmware. I suggest everybody use it. :D Why wouldn't you want to be able to unbrick your PSP? Also you can take screen shots of your XMB, you can run both 1.0 & 1.5 eboots, you can listen to mp3's ANYWHERE on your XMB. Custom firmware is full of useful features. I am against ISO's as much as you are. But ISO's & Custom firmware are two different arguements.And cfw is NOT just for scumbag pirates.

S34MU5
August 31st, 2006, 17:28
looking goooood

Prasoc
August 31st, 2006, 17:32
I cant wait! My brother won't have to go through the scary process of downgrading, so he can just use his 2.71 :D

jak66
August 31st, 2006, 17:36
I'm at 1.5 & thats where I'm staying bro. The reason being my custom firmware. Despite what you say there is nothing morally wrong with using custom firmware. I suggest everybody use it. :D Why wouldn't you want to be able to unbrick your PSP? Also you can take screen shots of your XMB, you can run both 1.0 & 1.5 eboots, you can listen to mp3's ANYWHERE on your XMB. Custom firmware is full of useful features. I am against ISO's as much as you are. But ISO's & Custom firmware are two different arguements.And cfw is NOT just for scumbag pirates.

you forgot about the dual boot thing, who wouldnt want to be able to boot into 1.5 and 2.71 without shelling out for a modchip

Pnut6988
August 31st, 2006, 17:36
don't understand this, people tell me I need to downgrade from 2.71 to get emulators and then others tell me I don't have to, what's the deal!?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 31st, 2006, 17:41
nice, my friend won't be stuck on 2.71 anymore!!!!!!!

jools
August 31st, 2006, 17:41
don't understand this, people tell me I need to downgrade from 2.71 to get emulators and then others tell me I don't have to, what's the deal!?

you won't have to soon ;)

Mr. Shizzy
August 31st, 2006, 17:43

For now you do. But thats what this threads about. Pretty soon you won't have to downgrade to play homebrew.:)

carpy
August 31st, 2006, 17:44

once the new exploit/elaoder is released (soon) you won't need to downgrade to run emulators.

Pnut6988
August 31st, 2006, 17:45
Oh ok, thank for the info

fistikuffs
August 31st, 2006, 17:45
This is all very exciting. Sony hired the wrong guys!!!:D :D :D

KingAndrew
August 31st, 2006, 18:17
I cant wait this is what ive been waiting for forever, i hope they get it to work on 2.8 tho eventually.

ICE
August 31st, 2006, 18:19
so should i just sit back and patiently wait for a 2.71 eloader or downgrade and get devhook?

Rekka1210
August 31st, 2006, 18:22
will this will work with TA-082 motherboards? My friends getting a PSP soon and i want to introduce him to the homebrew scene

kando
copied from other post:

Hmm, I don't know where the definition of "soon" as "tomorrow" came from.

Here's the facts, do with them what you will:

As has been mentioned before - an eloader will come soon for the TIFF exploit. To expect decent 2.71 support (and especially kernel support) immediately would be naive.

2.7+ is very hard to work with, it's being worked on but you can't expect a high level of compatibility very soon.

Kernel support is being worked on, but it will still take some time. All this TIFF stuff has somewhat interrupted a lot of the kernel work.

Having said that, any eloader that is produced should support the kernel exploit in firmwares that the eloader can support, and that the kernel exploit is present in (i.e. 2.5 - 2.71). So tricks that already use the kernel exploit (like the downdater) will be possible - but again, they may require some adaptation, possibly.

fyi for those who missed it :)

iniquitous_beast
Without immediate access to Kernel mode, users of 2.80 will only be able to play things that are workable on user mode.
This will not be too horrible, however, as up until now, users of firmware 2.00 could also only use user mode applications. Thus, once an eboot loader is released for 2.80, it should be able to run almost everything that the 2.00 eboot loader could run (and that was quite a bit of stuff).

Clarification: this discussion centers around the exploit for 2.00-2.71. The 2.80 exploit is also being developed, but it will take more time to complete. Patience to all. It will surely come in good time.

krazyx86
August 31st, 2006, 18:27
OMFG FINALLY I CAN UN-SCREW MYSELF. Yes, I am one of the retards that updated their PSP for the super emazing "features" that Sony has been flaunting around. That was a huge mistake.. HB FOR LYFE GLHF GG 2.71

jak66
August 31st, 2006, 18:32
yea, good for everyone that can downgrade when this comes out, but it still will probably not work with the ta-0082 motherboards (thats what there called right) as it wasnt the exploit stopping the degrade, it was the motherboard/nand flash

StealthCP
August 31st, 2006, 18:48
Purely excellent.. Why, oh why do Sony keep trying, they could be Making money from this if they were smart enough. :D

YourStillWithMe
August 31st, 2006, 18:50
You all should just downgrade. If you haven't ask some of our 1.50 users on this site, its the best firmware. To put it simply 1.50 can emulate EVERY firwmare but 2.80 why stay at 2.71? (If you upgraded past 2.80 you must really hate yourself. . let this be a lesson, DONT UPGRADE! (Dont worry, i did it a while back when i went to 1.52 and then learned about homebrew on 1.50. . .But i bought a second psp and probably am getting a 3rd for kicks. I know where to get a NEW 1.50 near my house.) I'm pretty sure that the tiff exploit wont be as smooth as 1.50 just launching from the GAME Folder HOWEVER, if it is a risky downgrade, i recommend not doing it. I see it as being a risky downgrade because as we have progressed in firmwares the downgrade each time has been harder to complete. I would only from 2.00 i've done it a couple of times and the risk is just as high as putting a background on your 1.50 (just about) its not too bad at all. 2.50-2.60 downgrade with GTA was a little bit too sketchy for me i wouldnt try that EVER

jak66
August 31st, 2006, 18:59
yourstillwithme: there is nothing wrong with the downdater by dax and the others, while it was sketchy at first (i mean come on, the first release wouldnt have worked in a million years) but the 5th test acctually worked, then they still made it safer (well, about as safe as an official update with an ac adapter check), i have perfomed both downgrades on my psp (same psp both times, 1st time...well to downgrade a 2.6, second time to get a clean european firmware, rather than a dumped one) although the gta downgrader does require the downdater folder which is illegal to distribue, which makes the 2.0 downgrader easier/better in ways
note: i also downgraded a friends 2.5 with the final downdater, which worked just as well as the 2. 6 test 5 downdater

Jonesyxxiv
August 31st, 2006, 19:01
Ill just stick with my 1.5 I love my custom firmware because it loads directly into iR shell. And i can use devhook for 2.71 web browser and games (Real UMDs not ISOs).

splodger15
August 31st, 2006, 19:05
i have a 1.5 myself but im a glad that more people can use 1.5

ICE
August 31st, 2006, 19:27
so is every one in a consensus that a downgrader will come out before a eloader for 2.71? wont it take a while for testing and what not on a downgrader? not that a loader wont have to be tested, it just doesn't take as long.

aries2k4
August 31st, 2006, 19:42
Well yesterday I would have said yes but now I´m not sure. I am very curious to see what comes next. Alot happening in the psp scene. Have to admit, $ony hired the wrong guys. Our coders, hackers are great.
Keep up the fantastic work.

M!ckeY
August 31st, 2006, 20:01
these guys never seize to amaze me :)

eazy-e
August 31st, 2006, 20:08
damn i cant wait

ICE
August 31st, 2006, 20:40
no kidding, im getting real tired of flash games.

M!ckeY
August 31st, 2006, 20:46
yeah, i tried flash games, but they're just not that same as good old homebrew :)

zevende
August 31st, 2006, 20:54
You all should just downgrade. If you haven't ask some of our 1.50 users on this site, its the best firmware. To put it simply 1.50 can emulate EVERY firwmare but 2.80 why stay at 2.71? (If you upgraded past 2.80 you must really hate yourself. . let this be a lesson, DONT UPGRADE! (Dont worry, i did it a while back when i went to 1.52 and then learned about homebrew on 1.50. . .But i bought a second psp and probably am getting a 3rd for kicks. I know where to get a NEW 1.50 near my house.) I'm pretty sure that the tiff exploit wont be as smooth as 1.50 just launching from the GAME Folder HOWEVER, if it is a risky downgrade, i recommend not doing it. I see it as being a risky downgrade because as we have progressed in firmwares the downgrade each time has been harder to complete. I would only from 2.00 i've done it a couple of times and the risk is just as high as putting a background on your 1.50 (just about) its not too bad at all. 2.50-2.60 downgrade with GTA was a little bit too sketchy for me i wouldnt try that EVER
I disagree. I think that this exploit is probably going to achieve the same speed as 1.0/1.5 because it is in kernel mode. And I think a downgrade would be very risky. As long as I can play SNES in full speed with sound, I'll be happy... otherwise, I'll consider downgrading when a reliable version of the downgrader comes out.

jak66
August 31st, 2006, 21:13
i think what yourstillwithme was trying to say was, with 1.0/1.5 you just go to the gamein the xmb to play, with this you have to go to the picture every time you wanna play homebrew (unless custom firmware is made for 2.0+ that allows homebrew from xmb)

YourStillWithMe
August 31st, 2006, 21:45
Percisely jak66, 1.50 is just sooooo much smoother also note-you probably wont be able to get back to the XMB with the "Home" button 1.50 you can

zevende
August 31st, 2006, 22:55
Percisely jak66, 1.50 is just sooooo much smoother also note-you probably wont be able to get back to the XMB with the "Home" button 1.50 you can
OK, I get it. I thought you were referring to performance of an app that was launched through the tiff exploit versus launched from the game folder of 1.0/1.5. As long as I get the same app performance with the tiff exploit, I see no need to downgrade.