PDA

View Full Version : Wii-Day landing on September 15?

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 17:43
A date henceforth to be known as Wii-Day. Er, perhaps not, but that should be when we learn about pricing and availability

Whisper it, but it seems that Nintendo is poised to spill the beans on the Wii's launch date and pricing in Europe, in a press conference taking place on September 15.

There was widespread surprise that Nintendo didn't reveal all about the Wii at the Leipzig Games Convention -- but, given that the company was rumoured to have begun telling publishers and developers all about when its innovative sort-of-next-gen console was going to arrive, it was clearly going to have to act quickly.

As a special treat for you Nintendo-fanatics, we've given you a glimpse of the invite to this momentous occasion (carefully doctored so as not to reveal specific details of the launch). We will, of course be on hand to bring you reams of info about everything that takes place at the announcement.

Invite via Comments News Via CVG

Kramer
August 31st, 2006, 17:47
I asked the guy in ebgames yesterday how much it was going to cost and he reckons between 400 and 450 aussie dollars.

Vegetable
September 1st, 2006, 00:36
That's $300 US, which is wrong. The guy you talked to is an idiot.

Video_freak
September 1st, 2006, 01:02
300 USD sounds a little high to me...
I'd love to be invited to this event. :rolleyes:

Kramer
September 1st, 2006, 01:18
That's $300 US, which is wrong. The guy you talked to is an idiot.

Im pretty sure he is right because psp costs $400 new so it sounds right to me.

Video_freak
September 1st, 2006, 01:24
Wow, things are expensive in Australia (even though it's Australian $)...

Kramer
September 1st, 2006, 01:31
yeah i was getting a ps3 until i found it was gonna cost $1000

gotmilk0112
September 1st, 2006, 01:57
wii will not exceed 250$ in the U.S.

whoever told u that it was 300$ is a sony fanboy / nintendo hater. or just an idiot. gamestop / ebgames (they are both the same company) are extremly stupid about videogames. they told me that the DS would be 600$ and the psp will be 129$. and i heard that they told some person that a gameboy advance SP is better than a DS.

stotheamuel
September 1st, 2006, 02:25
no i bet you he is right... it is AUSTRAILIA... Not USA or Japan

this is great news.. ill get one next christmas when the price drops... 200$ is expensive heh :)

Adrenalin
September 1st, 2006, 02:45
dudes, trust me, Australia doesn't jack up the prices like u've suggested. Its likely after coversion it'll be a little more, but i guarantee it won't break 350$, and more likely around the 300$ mark. Ds lites cost like 185$ here, just for comparison.

EDIT: PS: That blue invite is a Sweet Design!! Best i've seen out of nintendo 4 a while!

stotheamuel
September 1st, 2006, 02:49
dudes, trust me, Australia doesn't jack up the prices like u've suggested. Its likely after coversion it'll be a little more, but i guarantee it won't break 350$, and more likely around the 300$ mark.

thats how much he said

I asked the guy in ebgames yesterday how much it was going to cost and he reckons between 400 and 450 aussie dollars.

Which is 300 US dollars.