PDA

View Full Version : DSDoom 1.0.0 for Max Media Dock UPDATE

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 18:28
Brumi posted this news:

Hi guys,

sorry it took so long - I had lot of other things on my mind - but here you have the many-requested update for DSDoom on MMD.

Now you don't need the bootme-fix to launch DSDoom 1.0.0 for Max Media Dock. Just launch it from within Max Media Player.

I also changed the working directory to /games/dsdoom. I just didn't like having all files in the root-directory. Now I can have them organized decently. I hope this suits you too.

Please read the included readme for further details and installation instructions.

DSDoom 1.0.0 for Max Media Dock is only intended to be used with Datel's Max Media Dock. Don't use my modified version on any other homebrew-device (it could mess up your data). I can't give any warranty for DSDoom 1.0.0 for Max Media Dock. It works fine for me and I had no problems so far, but use it at your own rist.

Thanks to TheChuckster and WinterMute for making such a great port and all MMD-users for their support.

Brumi

PS: If anyone could test the networking - i had no time for that yet - and post the results, that would be great.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

getarhed1
August 31st, 2006, 20:36
loads up great for me, thanks alot

vtd@.//
September 2nd, 2006, 03:51
yes! thnx a bunch this is awesome Dooooom!!! on mmd yay!

Amethyst
September 4th, 2006, 22:54
Loads great and runs f'cking smoothly. Although I can only make one save file that's all I need. I love this.

Is music being worked on? I'm kind of humming it when I play.

Oh, wait, just remembered. Anyone getting random freezing while playing? In the bottom screen it says that sound has shutdown and that's it.

brumi
September 5th, 2006, 10:51
Oh, wait, just remembered. Anyone getting random freezing while playing? In the bottom screen it says that sound has shutdown and that's it.

I also get this some times. But it occours rather seldomly and only after I played quite a while (say 2 hours or so). I can't tell if this has something to do with my version for mmd. The debug-code also says that there's an problem with allocating memory.

battleroyalex
September 5th, 2006, 16:11
These guys are doing an awesome job, I thought they would quit production after awhile but here they are still making it =)

Cutmanmike
September 5th, 2006, 16:13
Hi. Could anyone actually explain why it doesn't work on max media player/dock before this update? I'd like to know how it was done to see if I can do the same to heretic.

tondopie
September 21st, 2006, 23:14
best game for DS!

clc88
October 6th, 2006, 12:23
im having a probelm is says somthing about a iwad file, where do u get it?

i have already dl the 1.0.0.0 version, and i dont c any file that goes by the extension of iwad

ps. im not sure if its iwad

clc88
October 6th, 2006, 18:01
i got mmy problem solved... its because i needed to dl an actual doom game, then install it, and finally copy the the "doom1.wad" file

rich4rd
October 28th, 2006, 16:29
thanks dude! works for me! runs smoothy! :) Its the best!

Jackofdiamonds
October 30th, 2006, 23:40
Works great. runs perfectly.

Though for some reason, the doom WAD vanished once when i tried to play it. when i tried to play, it said the wad wasn't detected so i checked the files on the dock and it was indeed missing. Wierd.

Mr. SnO0kies
November 10th, 2006, 06:11
Wow great its so nice to finally see something worth downloading to the MMP and actually works! The only thing I wish was different would be the way the wads work. Since I've got Doom 2 & Doom 1 wads it would be cool if you could put them in the same folder and choose which one you want or something like that still though its an awsome game & always has been.

joeynoobie06
November 21st, 2006, 16:47
can this work on datel's max media player 4 gig hard drive also.
i have one and its sux dont ever get anything fron datel thier cheap dishonest *******s

toymin80r
November 22nd, 2006, 13:53
it works, just make sure you have the right files in the doom folder. I have the 4GB HDD Max Media player, it lags once every 30 sec or something like that, but i still play it.

rocksamurai
December 8th, 2006, 04:38
Dude, where do you get games and whatnot that work on MAX MEDIA DOCK DS? I can't find very many and I've got a 1 gig CF. It'd be cool if you could help me out. Thanks!

hermiehamste
December 15th, 2006, 06:05
OMG This is awesome!!! Why can't we get more stuff for the max media dock?!?!?!? :D

I tried it with the doom2.wad and the star wars .wad too and both work really nicely :D I cant wait to try othter .wad files on this :D

All I want for christmas is a ds web browser that works off of the max media dock too :D

Again GREAT JOB!!! WOOHOO!!!

idlehands150
December 19th, 2006, 03:39
wtf? all u r saying that it runs perfect, what am I doing wrong? i copied the original and this modified version into "games/dsdoom/" dir. and i got som stupid prboom.wad thing and renamed it doom.wad like the f***ing instructions said and it still says IWAD not present, i want this so if someone can explain this to me more clearly than the original instructions!

soad825
December 21st, 2006, 10:27
you don't rename the prboom to doom .wad you rename the doom shareware (search on ask or google)or else a doom game .wad you own.:) hope this helps/oh yeah and can sm 1 tell me how to run homebrew doom lvls ( I am running the shareware version of doom is this why?)

grodriguez
January 13th, 2007, 18:25
good job this is the best homebrew I've ever played thx :thumbup:

Backstabbed
January 14th, 2007, 21:18
I download this file and it stops at 50%... Any ideas? i'm running IE7 on Dial-UP.

shamanamba
January 15th, 2007, 04:21
i tried to download it a few times and i keeps saying that the file is corrupted or somthing like tha :/

grodriguez
January 15th, 2007, 19:28
how do i get the shores of hell and inferno i already beat the first 1 :confused:

Cloud541
February 17th, 2007, 18:18
Can the next verison work with pwads?
:) THANK YUO!!!

Cloud541
February 17th, 2007, 18:32
oh... it does .... -_- how does it?

Cloud541
February 17th, 2007, 18:35
It loads then it sayz" T_Read: read failed: EOF

HELP ME PLEAZORZS

voteforpedro36
February 17th, 2007, 20:30
I wish we could use it without the .wad file...

Mr.Peanut
February 18th, 2007, 20:53
Regurgitated post of mine from scdev.org:

One last note: it was mentioned in a previous post that to run PWADs i.e. user made maps, you can merge them into an copy of an IWAD i.e. doom.wad or doom2.wad, and then rename the IWAD to doom.wad. You must first check two things.
1) Is the PWAD prboom compatible? This generally means that the map can not have been designed for other doom ports with more advanced features i.e. EDGE, ZDoom, Risen3D, Doom Legacy, Doomsday. All older PWADs should work.
2) Is the PWAD designed for Doom or Doom2? Check inside the PWAD using a wad editor. If the levels are named E1M1,E1M2,... etc the PWAD must be merged with the doom.wad. If the levels are named MAP01,MAP02 etc then the PWAD must be merged with the doom2.wad
Remeber to back up your original IWAD before merging.

wintex5.0 pro provides a nice gui interface for this, but you must also track down the files vbrun3.dll and threed.vbx and place then in the same directory as wintex. To find the dll, google for dll download to find a site that archives old dlls. I found the threed.vbx just by googling. These are both related to Visual Basic 3. You must also put a copy of the tools deusf.exe and deutex.exe in the wintex directory. These can be found, usually in one zip, on any reputable doom related site.

gcoe13
February 23rd, 2007, 06:36
ok so i got dsdoom and it runs great, but when i try to pick up certain items, it freezes saying "dsgetpow not found I_shutdownsound

dimeboltnoise
February 28th, 2007, 01:37
When I try to run DooM on my DS Lite with Max Media Dock v1.22 I get this error

I_Read: read failed: EOF

I would greatly appreciate the help getting it run.

Omnianathema
February 28th, 2007, 07:53
Can someone email me the file, my zip file is not liking this one file.

YamiEX8117
March 17th, 2007, 17:48
Uhh,can anyone tell me a reliable source to get the doom1.wad?It would really help,cause I really want to play this game,please and thanks.

YamiEX8117
March 17th, 2007, 17:48
Uhh,can anyone tell me a reliable source to get the doom1.wad?It would really help,cause I really want to play this game,please and thanks.

crookedmouth
March 17th, 2007, 18:11
The shareware version is here inside doom95.zip

http://www.nitrorc.com/doomug/sharwar.htm
it's slow

YamiEX8117
March 20th, 2007, 23:35
It keeps telling me the IWAD tag is not present.Any ideas on what to do?

crookedmouth
March 20th, 2007, 23:39
Make sure you rename it DOOM.WAD

TeenDev
March 20th, 2007, 23:41
run 4 ur lives! it's the attack of the newbs!!!!!!!!!

Strider1120
April 15th, 2007, 21:10
Mine won't load fully

Strider1120
April 15th, 2007, 21:11
Mine won't load fully. It says read failed

TeenDev
April 15th, 2007, 21:17
stop spamming and use the f---ing edit button for gods sake! this was post a long time ago.... stop responding to it!

Strider1120
April 15th, 2007, 21:21
Who are you?

TeenDev
April 15th, 2007, 21:35
http://www.uky.edu/Projects/Chemcomics/assets/images/argh.GIF

I'm a well respected member of DCEmu!

Jongamer
May 2nd, 2007, 01:00
I Keep getting read failed Errors, but it finds the .wad file, and I've tried a couple different doom.wad files, now WTF is wrong?

crookedmouth
May 2nd, 2007, 01:20
If you followed the installation instructions
1.) Get DSDoom 1.0.0 from the official homepage
2.) Move all Files to a folder named /games/dsdoom
3.) Copy a Doom IWAD (doom.wad, doom1.wad, doom2.wad, etc.) into
this folder too and name it doom.wad
4.) Copy the modified dsdoom-executable (dsdoom_mmd2.nds) into
this folder
5.) To start DSDoom from within Max Media Player just launch
dsdoom_mmd2.nds

then your wads are not compatible or your card is corrupt.

kaspergreenday
June 19th, 2007, 18:38
:( hi. my problem is that i dont know how to do anything with this Doom thing: confused: :

i got a mmd and i downloaded the file that was layed out in this thread. and then i put the file into my mmd and played it, there was this black screen where it said: ] standard game [
network game

i pressed standard game and i waited a minut and nothing hapent!.. i just need help to get it up running.

i only downloaded that single file and nothing more and simply put it in to one of my maps.. please help me?

kaspergreenday
June 19th, 2007, 18:46
it would be alot easier if you just had to dowload one file.

i dont understand why it isent like that?..

Tony312T4
June 19th, 2007, 19:31
I can't get DSdoom to run on my Datel DS microsd card adapter. I have all the dsdoom 1.0.0 files, dsdoom mmd2 files, and the doom.wad in the folder. I can't see what i'm doing wrong.

crookedmouth
June 19th, 2007, 20:05
I can't get DSdoom to run on my Datel DS microsd card adapter. I have all the dsdoom 1.0.0 files, dsdoom mmd2 files, and the doom.wad in the folder. I can't see what i'm doing wrong.

This was not made for the Games and Music device, sorry.

:( hi. my problem is that i dont know how to do anything with this Doom thing: confused: :

i got a mmd and i downloaded the file that was layed out in this thread. and then i put the file into my mmd and played it, there was this black screen where it said: ] standard game [
network game

i pressed standard game and i waited a minut and nothing hapent!.. i just need help to get it up running.

i only downloaded that single file and nothing more and simply put it in to one of my maps.. please help me?

Your not even trying? It's all in the readme file. Look at my post above if you can't find the readme. You need all that stuff. It's actually a lot easier than you think, unless you haven't used a computer before. The reason all the files arn't together is because this is a modified .nds file.

aznpride93
June 19th, 2007, 22:59
is there anyone that has gotten any version of doom to run on games 'n' music?

da{><}
June 30th, 2007, 06:08
i am new to downloading home brewed games and i am not sure if the datel games & music thing can work with with this game if so tell me

noname1
July 2nd, 2007, 14:20
i got mmy problem solved... its because i needed to dl an actual doom game, then install it, and finally copy the the "doom1.wad" file

how do you dl a game?
and witch version of doom is it
like: Ultimate doom or doom 2:confused:

NFreak
July 7th, 2007, 22:02
I'm having some major issues.

I followed the Readme exactly (both files, the .wad and the .nds, are in /games/dsdoom), made sure I had the right version of the .nds (which is obviously the one from this thread), and it seemed normal when I booted it up. Except for the fact that the top screen was glitched to no end. It was completely frozen. The bottom screen seemed normal, and it had the Single and network play options, but after I chose one, everything froze up.

I'll just get screenshots. xP

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/174/picture001aj0.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture001aj0.jpg)http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/310/picture002ui3.th.jpg (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture002ui3.jpg)
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9904/picture003cs2.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture003cs2.jpg)http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7317/picture004dx1.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture004dx1.jpg)http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6051/picture005sp8.th.jpg (http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture005sp8.jpg)

Help? :(

kaspergreenday
August 31st, 2007, 10:47
why dont some guy make a map with all the stuff you needed to play this game, and you just had to put the map into the root or games? because im such a noob at things like this.. its realy hard to get up running!! i wish i could

smileyreilly
May 17th, 2008, 03:02
ok! can someone please just tell me step by step directions??? (preferably images) and where can i get a .WAD file?
please help!!!!!!
oh yeah and NFREAK i got basicly the same screens except the bottom screen said "WAD NOT FOUND" or something

crookedmouth
May 18th, 2008, 03:02
Edit: If you have MMD, just try just extracting the folder in the zip below directly to your CF card. this means you will have a folder \dsdoom\doom.wad and all necessary files. just copy it to your cf and run it.

DSDOOM v1.1.2 with dldi and MMD prepatched dsdoom.nds
http://www.mediafire.com/?x2iu1mtwzu2

This is what I originall y wrote.
The MMD version is not needed anymore. There is a DLDI Version, it's DSDoom v1.1.2 (28/07/2007)

Topic, with attached download
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69762&highlight=dsdoom

These files must be in a Folder called DSDOOM, in the Root of your CF. You must dldi patch dsdoom.nds with your cards dldi.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3433/dsdoomky2.jpg

I've actually deleted plutonium.wad, and doom2.wad from that folder in the picture.

Version 1.1.2 of dsdoom has a small menu to choose between doom,doom2,tnt, and plutonium wads. If you want to use custom wads like the starwars one you will need to rename the custom.wad to one of the above wad names.
Example, you have starwars.wad, just rename it to tnt.wad and select that at bootup.

The 1.1.2 version comes with "blank" files named for each wad, you need to replace those with the real thing for this to work.

Here is a topic that chemical started with a download(very slow) of working custom wads made with doom2 shareware. Its legal and you just need to rename them to one of the menu wads, like in my example.

topic
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40083&highlight=doom+wads

Here is the Shareware wad, just download it and replace doom.wad in your dsdoom folder.

Download shareware wad
http://www.mediafire.com/?19pnm2jcbxx

It is really not too hard, I think you might be over thinking it. :)

Have fun.

smileyreilly
May 18th, 2008, 16:59
ok, i basicly get what you`re sayin, but how do i extract the files to it??
lol, i sound like a noob =D

smileyreilly
May 18th, 2008, 17:07
ok, so i extracted the zip. and just put the folder in the games section of my MMD, and i pressed "a" on standard game i chose my WAD file (doom doom2 TNT plutonia) and my screens just went black...
did i still need to rename the files???

smileyreilly
May 18th, 2008, 17:27
ok, one more thing, how do i know when im in the root f my card???
is it just the "TRANSCEND" thing?

TeenDev
May 18th, 2008, 18:00
Use The Edit Button!!!!

smileyreilly
May 18th, 2008, 18:13
...hey teendev you`re the one who made halo2d arent you???
if you are, when are you coming out with the improved version (i have biiig expectations for halo2d)

crookedmouth
May 18th, 2008, 20:10
ok, so i extracted the zip. and just put the folder in the games section of my MMD, and i pressed "a" on standard game i chose my WAD file (doom doom2 TNT plutonia) and my screens just went black...
did i still need to rename the files???

Wow, don't put it in a folder named Games. Just put it in the root of your card and chose doom.wad,just run doom at the menu. The others are not there, just doom.
When you open your card H:\DSDOOM not H:\Games\DSDOOM.

smileyreilly
May 18th, 2008, 20:26
i must be doing something rong.. i put it in the root of my card (where at the top left of the screen theres a "/" right?) and i double tapped the dsdoom folder and there was nothing in it...

smileyreilly
May 19th, 2008, 02:12
hello? (sorry about the double post)

TeenDev
May 19th, 2008, 03:37
...hey teendev you`re the one who made halo2d arent you???
if you are, when are you coming out with the improved version (i have biiig expectations for halo2d)

August 20 NeoFlash, Halo 2D will be there, staring you in the F***ing eye!

crookedmouth
May 20th, 2008, 03:22
i must be doing something rong.. i put it in the root of my card (where at the top left of the screen theres a "/" right?) and i double tapped the dsdoom folder and there was nothing in it...

This download
http://www.mediafire.com/?x2iu1mtwzu2

Contains shareware doom and all files, just take the folder named DSDOOM out of this archive and place it directly onto your CF.Boot your ds run dsdoom and chose doom. If it is empty, something is wrong with your winzip or winrar or 7zip.

smileyreilly
May 20th, 2008, 22:18
ok, the files only show up if there in a folder thats in a folder, and even then it crashes...

August 20 NeoFlash, Halo 2D will be there, staring you in the F***ing eye!

yay!!!!!!! lol