PDA

View Full Version : Where are the true gamers ?

M_Ripley
January 5th, 2005, 03:45
First of all, as I am new here, hello to everyone and happy New Year.

I found this forum searching through Goggle, as I was hoping to find some forum where people who are passionate about games can share their ideas, help each other to get round some issues and simply talk games, technology, new things to come etc.

I have to say I could not find any that "delivers" the above, and that includes this very one, although this is definitely one of the "less worse".
I would like to understand why people seem to spend time, posting about why the console they own is much better than the one they have chosen/have not been able (not) to have? What is the point ?
Do people who have bought say a Mercedes, spend their life going on about how crap a BMW is ? Does someone who has a nice girlfriend/wife spend his life explaining how crap other women are ?
The answer is NO of course, mainly because when you chose something, you are convinced that it is the most suitable for you and you therefore don't need to discuss why you chose it over other choices.

So I find quite amusing to see that most forums are full of posts from people who have chose a PSP over a DS (or vice versa of course) and who need to justify their choice by slagging off the PSP/DS they have not chosen!!
Call that insecurity!!! Even more amusing is the fact that most people will criticize a console they don't even own or that they have not even tried! Call that "I don't know what I am talking about"...Literally!

So why I am wasting my precious time stating the obvious ? Because I would love to find a forum where those who have a PSP exchange valuable ideas, tricks, secrets, and so on about their beloved PSP, and the same for those who own a DS (or for real gamers both like me!), instead of pointless posts from intellectually challenged spotty teenagers which a speech impediment.

I think (I think as opposed to "this is the way it is") that PSP is the best handheld I was ever given to play with and I hope good games will come aplenty, whether they are PS2 ports or not - And yes they are faulty units out there, and yes Sony is not the most reliable manufacturer out there but I suppose these things happens when you manufacture such a vast array of products.
I also really enjoy the DS, which also looks great, which has and will have some great games albeit completely different and probably aimed at a different audience, and it certainly doesn't take a genius to see how the dual screens could be used (they are obviously already being used but I am sure that could be even better).

Feel free to agree or disagree

Darksaviour69
January 5th, 2005, 03:59
M_Ripley, you have to remember that Console wars i.e. nintendo suck, sega Rules is a childish activity. and which ever forum you visit you are going to go to there will allways will be a few loud mouthed (typing) kids, trust me i know, after being in the DC scene for over 3 years i have read many "dreamcasts suck get a real console ps2/xbox" you just ignore it because it is just a 12 year old who thinks he is smart!

about the psp, i have not seen a real one yet, but from the pics i see of the PSP, it looks very uncomfortable to use, how do you find it? also the battery.... it reminds me of the GG, how have you found the battery life?

M_Ripley
January 5th, 2005, 04:26
Hi Darksaviour69,

I think we agree on the childish activities subject!

I have to say that I don't find the PSP uncomfortable as such, although you are right, it looks like it shoud be!!

The battery life ?Hard to judge as I have only been playing (about to put some movies on it but have not done so at this stage), and what's more, only been playing the same game (Ridge Racers), which is meant to be a true "battery drainer" (as far as I understand battery life when playing does depend on the game itself)...So while battery life is not shocking, it certainly does not seem to last very long, at least with that game (especially noticeable when you play several hours in a row) - There is also no warning as such when battery is getting very low...It just switches itself off when drained out, no warning!! Now that is annoying!!

Vicious
January 7th, 2005, 12:52
Hi M_Ripley,

1: Happy New Year to you to.

2: As I work in the gaming industry I play alot of games from the most Sh^% to the Fu** Great games, and I also get to play on new PC, Consoles before Joe Public does.

I have both DS & PSP at the moment my PSP is all I'm playing on and from time to time I will got back to my DS to play Mario 64 DS (until Mario Kart DS comes out). I find the PSP to be really nice and very sexy to play on and to look at, please do not get me wrong i also like my DS and wouldn't give up both for the word.

I think what I'm trying to say is that its up to the person who wants to buy a PSP or DS if he or she likes its. I mean you take games review they are the most corrupted reviews you'll see from lets take the Driver 3 review that game had more bugs in it than any game I've seen or worked on and yet you tell me that a mag can give it 9/10!!!!! WTF so some kid of 10+ reads this review goes out and parts with his/her pocket money they have saved to bring back a game that is both crap and doesn't live up to a 9/10 rate game should.

I have to say I'm sick of Gaming mags reviewing games and giving them such low scores for them games that truly are worth 10/10.

Forgive me for going on...... I'm a little drunk.... so I shut up :D....

Anyway if I've gone off *the point from what you was talking about sorry.. ;).

V