PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer Clone for DS Project News

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 19:56
Another update from the coder behind the Command and Conquer Clone for DS Project and not me (godknows who thought i did it:D)

Heres the update

You can now go into any map from the main GUI, although currently you cannot leave the GUI again. I'm now working on about three things at once....

#1 Callbacks for the debug menu. Will let me have better debug functionality. Shouldn't take long to add.
#2 Map Editor - I need to produce some bigger maps, so this needs some work to make it easier. Going to add the template support to it so expect some much prettier looking maps soon :)
#3 Tilemap scrolling - Still haven't coded this in! I'm not expecting it to be a lot of work.

The main job will be updating the map editor. Once I've got these three done I'll add a little polish, get it working nicely on target hardware then release a first beta test. It will let you load the game, choose a level and view it. Nothing particularly exciting but it will be a big project milestone for me. It will prove the game works on everyone else's machines, will iron out problems with the asset conversion process and loads more. It'll probably get to this point in about a week from now :)

More Info --> http://cncds_project.livejournal.com/