View Full Version : Sony 'hopes 3DS does well'

wraggster
November 4th, 2010, 23:41
SCEA's senior VP of marketing Peter Dille has said he hopes Nintendo does "a good job" with the 3DS because it could increase consumer interest in 3D content - which Sony is pushing heavily with PS3 and 3D Bravia TVs.

"Our perspective is they are doing something different and that's what Nintendo does," said Dille. "They've got their own view, Sony has their own view. Our hope is they do it well because we're big advocates of 3D. We need consumers to have good 3D experiences.

"I actually haven't seen much of their technology. I know people are excited about it. I've heard a little bit that if you move your head a certain way you might lose the image," he added.

"I just hope they do a great job, building a great 3D platform so people are interested in other 3D platforms. Because, collectively, we need to make sure a consumer has a good experience with 3D however they're experiencing it so they have an interest in more 3D."

With Sony having said it thinks 3D is best on a big screen, and no mention of 3D in the many PSP2 rumours, it would seem unlikely Sony will include a 3D screen with its next handheld.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=273854?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS