PDA

View Full Version : GT5 creator confirmed as speaker for D.I.C.E. 2011

wraggster
November 5th, 2010, 01:01
Kazunori Yamauchi of Polyphony Digital will speak at D.I.C.E. 2011, along with members of 5th Cell, Booyah and Cerny games, plus film-maker John Stevenson.

The event takes place in Las Vegas, 9-11 February, 2011. Both the Interactive Achievement Awards ceremony and the Indie Games Challenge will be taking place as part of the event.

"The D.I.C.E. Summit is the pre-eminent stage for creativity within the world of interactive entertainment," said academy of interactive arts & sciences president, Martin Rae.

"We are pleased to feature some of the leading creative minds from the whole spectrum of interactive entertainment - film to traditional console games to casual games - come to share their philosophy and approach to producing entertainment."

A full list of confirmed speakers follows:

John Stevenson - film-maker, co-director of Kung Fu Panda and previously Head of Story at PDI/Dreamworks overseeing Shrek, Shrek 2 and Madagascar
Kazunori Yamauchi - President, Polyphony Studios, professional race car driver and producer of the Gran Turismo series
Mark Cerny - President, Cerny Games, a true veteran of the video game industry and was inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences' Hall of Fame in 2010
Jeremiah Slaczka - Creative Director and CEO, 5th Cell and Joseph Tringali - General Manager and COO, responsible for the multi-million unit selling franchises Drawn to Life and Scribblenauts
Keith Lee - CEO and co-founder, Booyah, responsible for such popular casual games like MyTown and Nightclub City

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-11-04-gt5-creator-confirmed-as-speaker-for-d-i-c-e-2011