PDA

View Full Version : PSP broke :'(

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 21:52
My PSP has suddenly stopped working :'(
It boots up and everything and the internet browser and stuff work. But when I put a game in the UMD, the UMD drive cannot read it. It displays the loading symbol in the corner but cannot load the game. The UMD drive makes clicking noises when it tries to read it too. I have tried this with 2 different games and it does the same thing. I also tried the games on my 1.5 and it has no problems.
PLEASE HELP ME!or i'l cry:(

PadTheMad
August 31st, 2006, 22:10
My brother had this exact problem with his, right after I used it too. I guarantee I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to it (I had a PSP myself). He tried tapping it, banging it, shaking it all to no avail. Eventually after 2 or 3 days it just sorted itself out and it's never done it since.

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 22:24
Strange. Il go and try it then. Il be right back ;)

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 22:34
Nope,hasent fixed yet.It started 2 days ago.It sounds like something crushing inside. Its painfull to listen too. :'(

HELP ME!

Lodis
August 31st, 2006, 22:45
The exact same thing happened to my Psp after 3 days of use. I returned it to the online shop and they sent me a new one. However, replacing the UMD hardware could fix that problem but im only guessing here. (If it is out of warranty)

ninja9393
August 31st, 2006, 22:52
check the umd on mine it didnt read this one umd
http://www.gamerz-edge.com/psp/media/PSPics/images/UMD%20front.jpg
look at the top of the pic of the UMD nd the plasitic was not really attached at the top but the rest was fine and it did work
best of luck

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 23:14
I have tried all of my games (I have 8) and none of them work. I even ended up opening the plastic casing on my GTA game to try and fix it then found out there was nothing up with the game.
And Im not going to open my PSP up. Theres gotta be some way to fix this,right? :'(

Nikolaos
August 31st, 2006, 23:20
ok don't worry.. this happend to me. u did not do NOTHING wrong. ur psp is fine and ur umds r fine. just keep trying. wen u see that oading symbol and it takes long. just keep trying. also keep restarting ur psp by holding the power switch up for a reboot. after some time the psp will work.. if u do not fix it just wait a bit.. a day or so and it should be fine.

JD/
August 31st, 2006, 23:22
have you still got a warranty? it sounds like youve got two psps so if they upgrade this one it wont matter.

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 23:23
leave it for a day without switching on ever?

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 23:25
have you still got a warranty? it sounds like youve got two psps so if they upgrade this one it wont matter.

i got my PSP for christmas so I think i still have my warrenty. I dont have any recipts or anything tho coz it was a gift. Also,if i dont need it,how do i send it to sony?

bullhead
August 31st, 2006, 23:25
My mother told me to pray to god and things will sort themselves out. Im now a single mother with no right hand and no job.

Send the thing to sony.

HellsPlumber
August 31st, 2006, 23:48
How!?!?!

bullhead
August 31st, 2006, 23:59
How!?!?!

I like that: There are three exclaimation marks, but only two question marks, so it changes to; "How!" BUT, "how" is always a question, but in reality, you have it as an exclaimation, so the word, "how" and the "!" cancel eachother out, so what you have posted is infact, nothing.

Just write to your nearest scee headquarters and explain to them what the problem is, they will tell you what to do.

deediare
September 1st, 2006, 00:02
This has to be a problem..because my Wipeout Pure was hanging off its plastic case by like a thread and it was read just fine...

ninja9393
September 1st, 2006, 00:21
I like that: There are three exclaimation marks, but only two question marks, so it changes to; "How!" BUT, "how" is always a question, but in reality, you have it as an exclaimation, so the word, "how" and the "!" cancel eachother out, so what you have posted is infact, nothing.

Just write to your nearest scee headquarters and explain to them what the problem is, they will tell you what to do.
lol:p

Video_freak
September 1st, 2006, 00:41
For some reason, my Wipeout pure game made a cliking noise in my old PSP. GTA never clicked however. It never stopped working, like yours. I would do what bullhead said and contact Sony.

Inigo Montoya
September 2nd, 2006, 21:59
My brother's has been doing the same thing since June. And he had just replaced the one he got for Christmas becase the WLAN switch didn't work! lol Also my power switch is broken. Can you get sony to fix it without a receipt. Most impotantly will sony fix it without upgrading to 2.8?

nami
September 8th, 2006, 11:48
if its a hardware problem it won´t change the problem...

John Vattic
September 8th, 2006, 16:20
I had the same problem. it's not bad enough to call sony or send it anywhere.
Mine would make an awefull grinding noise as well. and it would never read the disc.
i popped out the battery and it started working.

last winter however i was plugging in my usb cable and saw an electric (static) bolt go directly into my usb jack from the usb plug. Very terrifying because my umd drive seemed not to work afterwards.

however it eventually started working again(thank goodness). i don't recall if i removed the battery in that instance or not.

but this is a common problem with umd drives and it should correct itself.

red_sox32
September 10th, 2006, 02:01
i sent my 2.00 into sony only to receive a 2.80 back (faulty square button) I was outragged lol but they will most likey give you a 2.80 or fix yours an upgrade it.