PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Greatest Zelda Game Ever?

wraggster
September 1st, 2006, 01:40
Emulation and Gaming fans of any console know about Zelda, probably the most well liked RPG for normal gamers and newcomers to Role Player Games, the Zelda Games have been on every Nintendo console bar the Virtual Boy.

Whats your Favourite Zelda Game ?

having played them all, the one i cherish the most is Zelda 3 on the Snes, decent graphics, good music and great gameplay and storyline, simply excellent

Thats mine out the Way, whats your Favourite ?

bill00000
September 1st, 2006, 01:42
Link to the past gets my vote too! I couldn't get into the 3d ones as much

alleyal202
September 1st, 2006, 01:45
OOT is the best hands down,then LTTP!

kcajblue
September 1st, 2006, 01:49
i go for A Link To The Past. That game is awesome.:D

Nookadum
September 1st, 2006, 01:50
The original. ;)

ichi1986
September 1st, 2006, 01:51
i agree the original ledgend of zelda

dthpsc
September 1st, 2006, 01:52
Um... yeah... definitely OOT. I don't know why there'd be any dispute. Not only is it the best Zelda game, but the best game of all time.

CheeseSlayer
September 1st, 2006, 01:53
Majora's Mask, followed closely by Link's Awakening.

Emeriastone
September 1st, 2006, 01:53
Oot

AtariFreek
September 1st, 2006, 01:56
Link To The Past, WONDERFUL Game!

Shilo
September 1st, 2006, 01:59
A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time are my favorites :) I liked The Windwaker as well :D

Kramer
September 1st, 2006, 02:05
link to the past is the best yet but I think TP will be better.

muffinman
September 1st, 2006, 02:09
link to the past ruled i loved that game.
oot is good but i think i may prefer link to the past

Mark30001
September 1st, 2006, 02:16
They all rocked, but I've got to go with Ocarina of Time and a Link's Awakening!

Majora's Mask was great as well, but for some reason the storyline felt "short."

Malksta
September 1st, 2006, 02:16
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask 2nd

John Vattic
September 1st, 2006, 02:17
#1-link to the past
#2-ocarina of time
#3-wind waker
#4-gbc-oracles of ages + seasons (they should be just one game)
#5-original zelda nes
just my thoughts

gamesquest1
September 1st, 2006, 02:19
link to the past because i feel oot is just that in 3d its got a very similar storeyline

felonyr301
September 1st, 2006, 02:25
come on man zelda OoT and follow closely by majora's mask but the list might change with the upcoming twightlight princess i mean they been working on that for years and love the graphics not the cel shaded stuff but a real man's graphics cant wait lol

JadaBloom
September 1st, 2006, 02:25
What your all crazy the phillips cd-i zeldas were hands down the best. :D

wolfpack
September 1st, 2006, 02:26
OOT all the way

They should make a zelda game where a llama has something to do with the plot :P

ninja9393
September 1st, 2006, 02:31
the original

(not only do i kika the mario naruto and metroid i lika da zelda:D )

ikarimaru
September 1st, 2006, 02:36
The original. I've played through it more times than I can count, and I still get that feeling like it's the first time I'm playing it :)

Cooe14
September 1st, 2006, 02:40
#1 Majora's Mask
#2 OoT
#3 LttP
#4 Wind Waker

shaunenterprise
September 1st, 2006, 02:41
link to the past here oot is # 2 and then links awakining is #3

zevende
September 1st, 2006, 03:02
OOT is my favorite... I never could really get into ALTTP for some reason.

scarph
September 1st, 2006, 03:04
well i like all zelda games especially lttp, buttttt if someone could fix their emulator, cough cough exophase, maybe i could experience minish cap, beccause uhh i already own it on gba, i just dont play it there, yea thats right

cmon exo fix this!!! :)

shiftybill
September 1st, 2006, 03:06
Ocarina FTW

PSP_Newbie
September 1st, 2006, 03:13
1. Ocarina of Time
2. Wind Waker
3. Majora's Mask
4. Link to the Past
5. Link's Awakening
6. The Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Minish Cap looks good, but never played it :(
If Exo manages to fix the bush-cutting glitch, that would be awsome ;D

Tony99
September 1st, 2006, 03:19
OOT is the best

Jonesyxxiv
September 1st, 2006, 03:20
Um... yeah... definitely OOT. I don't know why there'd be any dispute. Not only is it the best Zelda game, but the best game of all time.
I agree completly! I beat OOT like 25 times! It is my favorite of all time (followed by RE4).

dillonc123
September 1st, 2006, 03:24
Link's awakening
The owl was the coolest

Pumped'Up
September 1st, 2006, 03:34
I never played N64 zeldas but I give it to Zelds:ALTTP as not only the best Zelda title, it is one of the best adventure titles ever!!!!

Adrenalin
September 1st, 2006, 03:54
i can only say OOT cuz its the only one i own... but it freaking beats the pants off any other game !!!

stotheamuel
September 1st, 2006, 04:01
OOT all the way

They should make a zelda game where a llama has something to do with the plot :P

OOT as well

and ive been sending that to nintendo for years now... sadly no response

M Dash
September 1st, 2006, 04:04
I vote for:

Zelda, Oracle of Seasons

and followed by:

Zelda, Oracle of Ages

It's my favorites... :P

drew4237
September 1st, 2006, 04:12
i never really got into zelda cause i only had the gbc one and i couldnt figure it out. i couldnt find the key no matter what i did.

Cooe14
September 1st, 2006, 04:31
I agree completly! I beat OOT like 25 times! It is my favorite of all time (followed by RE4).
I win :) . I have beat it 26 times and I am going on 27. And I am not exagerating in the slightist

mexicansnake
September 1st, 2006, 04:37
Zelda the wind waker, is the best for me!. I really love that game :D.

sko, TheLogicalGamer
September 1st, 2006, 04:57
I did like Wind Waker a lot, I can't wait for TP

Junixx
September 1st, 2006, 05:03
1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link to the Past
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. The Minish Cap

kcajblue
September 1st, 2006, 05:16
after thinking about it, i came to the conclusion that The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass will be the greatest Zelda game ever.:D

Jonesyxxiv
September 1st, 2006, 05:16
I win :) . I have beat it 26 times and I am going on 27. And I am not exagerating in the slightist
LOL, but 25 was just a guess I never really counted but I know its 20+

Nikolaos
September 1st, 2006, 05:27
Majoras mask :) im a zelda fan!

vtd@.//
September 1st, 2006, 05:31
Ocarina of TIME!!!!! than quite possibly twilight princess (it's going to rock trust meh) and of course don't forget... alink to the past..

DemoniusX
September 1st, 2006, 05:40
I personally think Zelda II is the best zelda ever. Great action,Good spells and awesome game play. The orignal was dull you just walked around like a jack ass hoping it would lead you some where.

2nd Place is OoT for me because it really captured the magic of what zelda is about, OoT was the ONLY reason I bought a 64 but Mystical ninja was the other reason.

sroon
September 1st, 2006, 05:46
Okayp
Zelda iz my favourite game series (other than mana) I have every Zelda game to roam the planat!
3rd- fav is Links awakaning, cuz of its deep stor line and portabilityness,
2nd- A Link To The Past, cuz it was the first game I ever beat! and of its graphics and its for the best sstem ever the Snes,
1st - Ocarina of time, cuz of the 3D rendering and how it looks and the amazing gameplay and secrets!
( O ) ( O );)

YourStillWithMe
September 1st, 2006, 05:52
Most of you no offence, are pretty ridiculous. If you were present and even born in the NES era i feel bad for you for picking either Ocarina Of Time, Majoras Mask, or Wind Waker. Link To The Past had great music and overall had the best items so thats not a bad choice at all. Links Awakening-So fun and very impressive for a Gameboy Zelda, def one of the best. To the user who said that the original Zelda everytime you played it made you feel like you were playing it the first time-Right on dude!

The Original All The Way! As a kid I had sooooo many memories playing that game, and think about it, to develop a game that fun with a T.V show, great plot, and items like that that contribute so much to the gameplay in the 80's is so impressive!

Ocarina Of Time was very fun and is one of the best N64 games of all time and was a very high seller but its vastly overrated. Being a kid in that game was the biggest waste of time in my life. . .You can't tell me that once you knew you could be an adult you weren't saying to yourself "When am i gonna become an adult? When am I gonna become an adult? over and over and over. . . ." and uhhh Water Temple-Most Annoying thing ever!

porchemasi
September 1st, 2006, 06:05
OOT and Maj Mask then Wind Wker

pkmusicmaker
September 1st, 2006, 06:16
Honestly, windwaker was ridiculously fun. Lookin forward to playin Twilight Princess on the Wii.

Kaiser
September 1st, 2006, 06:23
OOT with Majora's Mask as a close second and yes I did grow up in the 16-bit generation. But I really don't care for any of the 2D Zeldas. They kind of bore me.

The Zelda series was at its peak on the N64.

paco1984
September 1st, 2006, 06:34
what? zelda link to the past is definately on the top of my list. it has the best music of all of them in my opinion and the deep swordplay was awesome you could atack parry mele attacks and block ranged attacks. that game is still fun to play too i cant seem to pick up oot for verry long. and i didnt think majoras mask was verry good. it felt just threwn together.

Shemp
September 1st, 2006, 06:41
Ocarina of Time. I bought a Nintendo 64 just so I could play OoT and Mario64; ironically, those were the only decent games I *ever* played on the 64. But they were enough. :-)

Masch
September 1st, 2006, 06:52
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

PShadow
September 1st, 2006, 07:26
Link's awakening, it had a really charming story line to it =P

ACID
September 1st, 2006, 07:34
OOT hands up the best ever. Althoug al the games are awsome.

emuking
September 1st, 2006, 08:30
oot of course then followed by lttp :D

Graxer0419
September 1st, 2006, 08:39
Ocarina Of Time, definately!

YourStillWithMe
September 1st, 2006, 08:40
Kaiser-Haven't seen you around much lately, how are you?

DrSarcasmo
September 1st, 2006, 08:42
My faves:

1. OOT
2. A Link to the Past
3. Windwaker

bacteria
September 1st, 2006, 08:47
Wind Waker (GameCube)

cyrien
September 1st, 2006, 09:05
Zelda's Adventure on the CD-I by far the best Zelda game ever made... on the CD-I.

But seriously the best has to be either OOT or LTTP... about equal in my book.

FYV
September 1st, 2006, 09:32
Link to the past and OOT are both very good

infernomax
September 1st, 2006, 09:35
Ocarina of time... definitely

jaws365
September 1st, 2006, 11:04
A Link To The Past!

sxxxe83
September 1st, 2006, 11:44
The Snes version, Link To The Past . I've played through it more times than I can count, and I still get that feeling like it's the first time I'm playing it

PSPKOR
September 1st, 2006, 11:53
It has to be Link to the past, the story, music, gameplay and everything else makes it amazing.

tsurumaru
September 1st, 2006, 11:53
Since;
I was amazed by but never completed OOT (Damn you Water Temple!)
I never owned a SNES (Damn you Megadrive loving europeans!)

I'd have to go with "Links Awakening" on the gameboy, the concept, plot and ending was so well conceived it deserves it *Sniff*

A masterclass at story telling!

AuroEdge
September 1st, 2006, 12:26
Zelda: Ocarina of Time is definitely the best in the Zelda series and best game of all time. Link to the Past was fun back in the day, but OoT kicked a ridiculous amount of ass.

warped
September 1st, 2006, 13:06
Yea OOT! great graphics, gameplay, music... jus amazing for its time..! plus it was the most challenging for me.
Thats why i luv it. :D Greatest Zelda of all time!

LTTP gets 2nd, used to play that all the time! Good stuff! :eek:

Billz
September 1st, 2006, 13:12
My Snes almost got fryed playing link to the past....
My N64 didn't get mildly warm untill O.O.T......

These have to be two of the best games ever made and i will have to say Link to the past just for the Nostalgic Value............ " LINK.. LINK .. WAKE UP... "

DEKU 4 EVER !!!!!!

ninja9393
September 1st, 2006, 13:27
But I really don't care for any of the 2D Zeldas. They kind of bore me.

u r dead to me

not really but still how can u not like the 2d ones

S34MU5
September 1st, 2006, 13:42
gamecube ones r rubbish
n64 legend!!
but a link to the past gets my vote

Adrenalin
September 1st, 2006, 13:53
Most of you no offence, are pretty ridiculous. If you were present and even born in the NES era i feel bad for you for picking either Ocarina Of Time, Majoras Mask, or Wind Waker. Link To The Past had great music and overall had the best items so thats not a bad choice at all. Links Awakening-So fun and very impressive for a Gameboy Zelda, def one of the best. To the user who said that the original Zelda everytime you played it made you feel like you were playing it the first time-Right on dude!

The Original All The Way! As a kid I had sooooo many memories playing that game, and think about it, to develop a game that fun with a T.V show, great plot, and items like that that contribute so much to the gameplay in the 80's is so impressive!

Ocarina Of Time was very fun and is one of the best N64 games of all time and was a very high seller but its vastly overrated. Being a kid in that game was the biggest waste of time in my life. . .You can't tell me that once you knew you could be an adult you weren't saying to yourself "When am i gonna become an adult? When am I gonna become an adult? over and over and over. . . ." and uhhh Water Temple-Most Annoying thing ever!

Well all i can say is... I guess we can't help it...
i'm not saying i think 3d graphics are better than 2d graphics or anything, but with the 64's potential, ZOOT surely had better variety and length of gameplay, even originality in may ways. OOT's music was very appealing to me too, and the sound quality obviously improved too.

So whichever is better depends on a variety of factors, but don't diss those who love OOT ; theyre just as much of a zelda fan as u are.

No Offence intended.. not trying to diss u either
look forward to the future (Twilight Princess - YAY)

PS: Has anyone heard any rumors/announcements of what instrument will be used in the game?
Personally i'd love a selection of two, the ocarina for calssic tunes and maybe something new.

Since;
I was amazed by but never completed OOT (Damn you Water Temple!)
I never owned a SNES (Damn you Megadrive loving europeans!)

I'd have to go with "Links Awakening" on the gameboy, the concept, plot and ending was so well conceived it deserves it *Sniff*

A masterclass at story telling!

Man, it was a pretty hard game in some places, but DUDE!! FINISH IT!!

I had to use parts of walkthroughs once or twice to pass some seemingly impossible places. maybe u should do the same.

Method Man
September 1st, 2006, 13:59
i forgotten the name but it was for gb pocket

digitalhijinx
September 1st, 2006, 14:04
I believe your thinking of Links Awakening Method, mine would have to be either Zelda II (I know stone me) or OOT just cause I never got a chance to play the original until I'd already played throught the other ones and by then the impressions were to deep.

Viper Snake
September 1st, 2006, 14:33
#1 Majora's Mask
#2 Wind Waker
#3 Link's Awakening DX
#4 A Link to the Past
#5 The Original

gangsta_psp
September 1st, 2006, 15:08
My favorite is Majora's Mask, but I kinda wanted to help the people who couldnt beat water temple.
I think I know where you were stuck. You needed another key to get to Dark Link, but couldnt find it eh? Well the key you seek is in the main little tower in the center. Make the water go up, but you have to go down in the hole at the bottom. You will reach a room with the key. I doubt you wanna pick up that old n64 though.

Lukeson
September 1st, 2006, 15:12
Zelda... pfff, Secret of Mana!!

asdfjklqwer
September 1st, 2006, 16:03
either A Link To The Past, or Ocarina of time. Which is also the same as about everyone else is saying.

Vegetable
September 1st, 2006, 16:07
Wind Waker, no contest. Shigeru Miyamoto's original vision for the game, and a welcome change of style for the series.

Too bad everyone bitched about it and it's going back to mature Zelda.

JD/
September 1st, 2006, 16:21
wind waker was awesome but i still think oot was better that was one of the best games i ever played and it was damn hard to complete since i was like 9 at the time back then queen gohma scared me :eek:

nick.kerkhof
September 1st, 2006, 16:26
Ocarina of time, took me a year to compleet the game, when i was eight. best zelda all times

CrazyRabbit
September 1st, 2006, 17:33
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

For GameBoy

JD/
September 1st, 2006, 17:57
Wind Waker, no contest. Shigeru Miyamoto's original vision for the game, and a welcome change of style for the series.

Too bad everyone bitched about it and it's going back to mature Zelda.
yea your right wind waker was awesome too bad its going now i loved the feel of that game and the music was preety awesome I would have like the windwaker style graphics in the new game but oh well i think an older windwaker link would have looked kool.

sedonx
September 1st, 2006, 18:30
Majoras mask is the best in my opinion. I own it on N64 and the Gamecube version which came with MarioCart DoubleDash

jak66
September 1st, 2006, 18:47
for me its oot, compared to rpgs nowadays its long, has a good story (back when it was made it had good graphics) and a good soundtrack

if it wasnt for the whole sailing bit trying to get the triforce in wind waker, i might have said that, but that bit spoiled it for me

(notice how only 2 people have mentioned links adventure, the second one, before now, what was it people didnt like about that one?)

shadowhawk22
September 1st, 2006, 19:18
Ocarina gets my vote. But the SNES game- Link the the Past is a very very close second!

QueadlunnRau
September 1st, 2006, 19:53
Ocarina of Time ... beotches

Apoklepz
September 1st, 2006, 20:00
Ocarina gets my vote. But the SNES game- Link the the Past is a very very close second!

Gotta admit I was about to say the same, exact thing.

Also, I liked tha GBA version of Four Swords that came in the same cart as Link to the Past...specially when I get to play it with 3 of my drunk friends at home. lol ...It does somehow remind me of Goof Troop on the SNES.

Shemp
September 1st, 2006, 20:18
(notice how only 2 people have mentioned links adventure, the second one, before now, what was it people didnt like about that one?)

As far as I'm concerned, Link's Adventure was ugly and had no story. Perhaps it was the change from the original top-down presentation to a side-scrolling format. Or maybe I'm just trying to justify things after the fact--all I know is that I had a viscerally negative reaction to it, and to this day consider it to be the worst Zelda game.

No offense to any fans, natch. :)

Veskgar
September 2nd, 2006, 01:32
The original classic on the NES that started it all has got to be my favorite. Sure its not the most technically advanced or pretty Zelda game, but it was the first video game that drew me in and kept me hooked. To this day I still play the original in short bursts on the PSP thanks to NesterJ.

A link to the past on the SNES is amazing also. And I'm now for the first time enjoying Minish Cap thanks to Exophase and his incredible gpSP...

Basil Zero
September 2nd, 2006, 02:04
Ocarina of Time

than comes

Link to the Past

hujiko
September 2nd, 2006, 05:42
havent you noticed whats the best mario game EVER!! 80% of people anser SNES SMW yea omg wooo! whats the best zelda OMG YEA SNES zelda!

well its tru SUPER NINTENDO is the best system i hope most people still have their faMicons from their childhod

crackkills
September 2nd, 2006, 08:54
links awakening dx on the gamebot followed by majora's mask

ACID
September 2nd, 2006, 08:57
At this rate mihgt as well say all.

lostandfoundtortoise
September 2nd, 2006, 22:54
Majora, then Minish Cap... I liked the weird ones.

VampDude
September 4th, 2006, 13:17
"Ocarina Of Time" is my favorite, followed closely by "A Link To The Past" on the SNES...

..."Windwaker" is ok, but I never really got into playing it (put it down after a week)