PDA

View Full Version : EA confirms retro Replay

wraggster
September 1st, 2006, 06:35
Earlier this month, online retailer GameStop posted a descriptive product listing for a PlayStation Portable retro compilation called EA Replay. The write-up said 14 games would be included in the package, which would ship October 3 and carry a $29.99 price.

Today Electronic Arts confirmed the game's existence for GameSpot and corrected a couple of bits the retailer had gotten wrong. In a semiliteral case of "a day late and a dollar short," it turns out Replay will actually ship about a month later than anticipated, November 7 to be precise, and with a more pleasing price point of $19.99.

Under production at EA Canada, Replay will also include features not found in the original games. To better suit some of these titles to gaming on the go, EA is including the ability to save any of these games at any point. Three games, Budokan, Mutant League Football, and Road Rash II, will also feature local wireless head-to-head play, and players will be able to unlock and collect virtual trading cards featuring retro game art.

The 14 games included in the collection are listed below. The versions included in EA Replay will all be taken from the Super Nintendo or Genesis editions of the original titles.

B.O.B.
Budokan
Desert Strike
Jungle Strike
Haunting starring Polterguy
Mutant League Football
Road Rash
Road Rash II
Road Rash III
Syndicate
Ultima: The Black Gate
Virtual Pinball
Wing Commander
Wing Commander: Secret Missions

Via Gamestop (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6156902.html)

This begs the question of are they using emulation to bring them to the PSP ?

ACID
September 1st, 2006, 06:43
Great i love Road Rash and Wing Commander

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 1st, 2006, 06:45
Road Rash rules!!!

I always hoped they'ed remake it, but with a heaps new engine, and awesome graphics... Road Rash 3D and 64 were alright.

Then again, Grand Theft Auto has enough of every genre to satisfy :D hah

PlayingKarrde
September 1st, 2006, 07:01
Why take the snes version of Syndicate? The PC/Amiga version was much better.

Pumped'Up
September 1st, 2006, 07:17
Why take any of those console version of the PC/Amiga games???

I'm not impressed with this compilation - then again, Electronic Arts has had a poor track record of games for the entire company's history.

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 1st, 2006, 07:40
Why take any of those console version of the PC/Amiga games???

I'm not impressed with this compilation - then again, Electronic Arts has had a poor track record of games for the entire company's history.

Err, the highly successful Need For Speed series...

donne
September 1st, 2006, 07:54
Or FIFA.. At least on football-crazed country..

Briggzy11
September 1st, 2006, 08:23
EA make and publish some of the most successful gmaes in the world including FIFA, MADDEN that sold 2 million copies in 1 week and they also publish some of Square Enix's fine games, saying EA have a bad track record = hahahahahaha

Poem58
September 1st, 2006, 10:00
OMG!!!! An EA release for less than $49.99USD!!!
Oh wait they screw those up usually so this one probably wont even boot....

or maybe it WILL work but their errant coding will open an exploit?

Plowking
September 1st, 2006, 10:01
To me that's a pretty weak collection.

Road rash ok, but why 3 of them? How about just the 3rd one (or whichever is best).

Desert and Jungle Strike? Again one or the other and then fill the slots will different games!

RV2006
September 1st, 2006, 10:22
This complitation isn't very good if you ask me...
For a start it needs Urban Strike, (why take it out?), road rash could stay the same, they could put some retro fifa games in it,(not a fan, but some people like them...), mutant leage footbal is great, but they should put the hockey one in, (just to complete it...)
oh and all of these games were on the genisis, so they can't say "but there not on the genesis so we can't add them...")

inlovewithi
September 1st, 2006, 10:27
Why take the snes version of Syndicate? The PC/Amiga version was much better.
I don't think EA has the rights to emulate the SNES hardware, unless it was for a Nintendo system. The same goes for the Amiga. They would all have to be Arcade games.

alleyal202
September 1st, 2006, 16:46
Im Good, ill just stick to my emulators;)

GacktIsGod
August 9th, 2007, 08:40
Wish I could find ANY cheats for the Ultima game on here. I'm stuck in the damn dungeon, and have no idea how to get back out again.