PDA

View Full Version : Jump Ultimate Stars

wraggster
September 1st, 2006, 16:38
Via IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/729/729667p1.html)

Nintendo of Japan has September filled up with Pokemon. October has Winning Eleven. Now what about November? Earlier this week, it was revealed that the company is looking to make Jump Ultimate Stars the big title for that month.

The sequel to Jump Allstars will be released for the Japanese DS on November 23. The title will carry the standard DS price of 4800 yen.

Nintendo is powering up the game with new characters. Players can look forward to new characters from Naruto, Black Cat, Tennis no Oujisama and more! The original cast should be back as well, making this the true ultimate crossover for Jump comic fanatics.

onecrzyazn
September 2nd, 2006, 22:05
Good news but its "Jump Superstars" not all stars ^_^

And I think the sequel is Ultimate Jump Super stars or Jump Ultimate Superstars

Shadowblind
September 2nd, 2006, 22:11
Its jump ultimate stars.

I got the Ichigo sprites from the original.

iball
September 2nd, 2006, 22:35
Why the hell aren't they translating this game for the European and U.S. markets?
It's a damn good game!

FrozenIpaq
September 2nd, 2006, 22:47
Why the hell aren't they translating this game for the European and U.S. markets?
It's a damn good game!

Simple, because the Jump Mangas aren't big in the US :p

iball
September 2nd, 2006, 22:58
So? Gameplay is what matters.
Pokemon mangas weren't always in the U.S. either.
Neither were Japanese 'horror flicks' or kung-fu movies.
But they're here now.

Solitude
September 2nd, 2006, 23:18
It's not because of that. Those characters are ALL licensed to Jump magazine in Japan. But in other regions different companies hold the licenses, like Ubisoft has Megaman, Warner Bros having the license for Dragonball, etc (not real, just giving examples :P)
For releasing such a game outside Japan, Nintendo needs to buy permission from EACH license holder, which would be too expansive and not profitable on the long run...

Shadowblind
September 2nd, 2006, 23:38
Are you freakin kidding me? Half the morons at my school are utterly obsessed with manga like its a drug. I just dont understand you humans!

FrozenIpaq
September 3rd, 2006, 00:17
Are you freakin kidding me? Half the morons at my school are utterly obsessed with manga like its a drug. I just dont understand you humans!

lol, well that was the original reason going around for Jump Superstars - my personal guess is that it has something to do with licensing