PDA

View Full Version : Datel MAX Media Player 1.2 Released

wraggster
September 2nd, 2006, 00:50
All of you who have the Max Media Player (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=ds-media)now have a new update from Datel (http://us.codejunkies.com/mpds/index.htm), heres the info:

We promised we’d give it to you, and at Datel, our word is our bond. MAX Media Player 1.2, available now as a free download, lets you play videos right out of the box without installing MoonShell or other such third-party application on your MAX Media Dock or 4GB HDD!

If you've already upgraded to MAX Media Player v.1.01, you can already play MP3s without installing any third-party software. And now, with Version 1.2, we’ve added support for D3V video playback too!

The new version of MAX Media Player interface is just as simple to use as the old one. To play a video or audio file, use the browser to navigate to where the file is stored on your Media Dock, and double-tap the file. This automatically opens the Media Player software, with its easy-to-use playback controls. And putting files onto your Media Dock is just as simple as before too. Just connect the device to your PC using the USB cable supplied, and drag and drop your MP3s and D3Vs into the correct folders.

MAX DS Video Converter is really simple. Just open the application and browse for the video file you would like to convert. Once you’ve selected the file, click the ‘Encode’ button to begin encoding. MAX DS Video Converter uses settings optimised for playback on your Media Dock to transcode a wide range of source video types such as .avi, .mpg, .mov and more. Now just drag and drop the completed D3V movie file to your Media Dock and you’re ready to play it back on your DS.

And remember, proud as we are of MAX Media Player v1.2, we won’t rest on our laurels. Our programmers are already working on the next version of this sizzling software, so keep checking back for updates. And if you haven’t yet invested in a copy of MAX Media Player and the Media Dock, there are several versions available.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Mariopop87
September 2nd, 2006, 00:52
Finaly! I've been waiting for weeks.

Bonic
September 2nd, 2006, 01:09
I wonder if theres anythign else new....maybe it can play more games?

Junixx
September 2nd, 2006, 01:53
I think i saw someone had said they got Beup working for the first time, I hope a new patcher comes out and that it'll work with the Triforce Overload...

Bonic
September 2nd, 2006, 01:56
Uh..Beup worked on the old max media

Vegetable
September 2nd, 2006, 03:58
I don't honestly see why anyone would even bother with a device such as this, especially from Datel.

Bonic
September 2nd, 2006, 04:48
Cuz you suck, Datel pwns, and most of all.....CHEATING IS COOL

jamesgloucester
September 2nd, 2006, 11:31
Wow, perhaps this might actually be worth buying sometime soon.

I'm happy with my GBAMP, M3CF and G6 Lite at the moment, but if they add some more good features like this I might consider it.

Solitude
September 2nd, 2006, 12:12
Sorry my opinions are not good as rest of you guys;
1. No firmware update. Datel claims its player's firmware can be updated. Yet this version cannot be updated into firmware. You MUST keep the bootme.nds or you will return to use whatever is encoded in yours. No suprise here....
2. Interface is definitly slower than previous version. I guess that's because it is not loaded from firmware.
3. It bugs the mp3 player feature. Right speaker is louder than the left one. If you revert to old firmware, there is no such a problem. Congratz to Datel for breaking a working feature
4. Video support. No next video, previous video button. There is a seek bar but it does NOT work. Oh my god, why do you not put a seek option?? (Of course, unless you just tried to buy some time with an update to stop the flames)
5. Video encoder: It does nothing new. Yes, I agree it IS fast but it doesn't encode better quality videos. It uses a high bitrate which causes better image quality yet lags in action videos. Use BatchDPG, set profile to high, 15 FPS, Max bitrate 1024, bitrate 256 and even audio bitrate to 256. In Moonshell setting turn of dithering. You will have nearly the same image quality with no lag at all.
6. Video encoder: It doesn't have any option about bitrate, size, etc. So you end up with laggy movies (unless they are not filled with many action) that have been stretched to fit the screen. (Any one remember those old cinemascope western movies? :P )
7. The player resets itself before loading NDS files but it doesn't help since it does NOT fix homebrew with bootme-fix problem.

It is a pity that Datel still doesn't really try much. If they had made a good update, many customers "could" have forgiven them. But it seems they just want to stop the flaming posts and articles around. We will see what comes next. In the mean time, I will keep using my old firmware and play my files with MoonShell.

linkenski
September 2nd, 2006, 12:18
I think i saw someone had said they got Beup working for the first time, I hope a new patcher comes out and that it'll work with the Triforce Overload...
why don't you just use this:

DaddyCool
September 2nd, 2006, 13:40
If they improve it, and make it just like they said it would be then i might buy it

muppetman2000
September 2nd, 2006, 13:51
The reason why the MMD is so popular is due to its cheap pricing, i have a MMD CF and am i glad, it cost like 35 quid with a 1gb card. That is a excelent price. END OF. It plays MOST homebrew apps and games, ones that it needs to be put on the root are updated often just like doom so they do not need the bootme.nds fix to work.

vtd@.//
September 2nd, 2006, 16:37
I like my max media dock!! and thnx to a few awesome people here i can now play dsdoom and genesis on it but i won't upgrade firmware.(wat happened to the psp look wat happend to the psp always upgrades and tighter security lol) so yes mmd is awesome but how can i use nesds onit i heard a few ppl got it working...

jro2020
September 3rd, 2006, 02:42
Sorry my opinions are not good as rest of you guys;
1. No firmware update. Datel claims its player's firmware can be updated. Yet this version cannot be updated into firmware. You MUST keep the bootme.nds or you will return to use whatever is encoded in yours. No suprise here....

Please explain, with the 1.01 update you did not have to keep the bootme file after first run. So, are you saying that while the firmware is updatable they did not release a firmware update on 1.2 or are you claiming that even with 1.01 you had to keep the bootme file (which is wrong)?

ACID
September 3rd, 2006, 04:26
Maibe its as bad as the first

Dave the Rave
September 3rd, 2006, 11:01
I'm still annoyed that the Max Media Launcher they made doesn't allow my DS to sleep, I won't be touching anything else made by Datel.

Solitude
September 3rd, 2006, 17:49
Please explain, with the 1.01 update you did not have to keep the bootme file after first run. So, are you saying that while the firmware is updatable they did not release a firmware update on 1.2 or are you claiming that even with 1.01 you had to keep the bootme file (which is wrong)?

I have no idea how the update for the 1.01 works, my card arrived with firmware of 1.01 :D If 1.01 writes itself into cart. that's ok, that's what it should do. If it does not and you need to keep bootme.nds of 1.01 to work, that's a problem because in their webpage they claim their cart.'s firmware is upgradable.
If this answers your question, then I am glad. If it doesn't, please explain what you mean.

iball
September 3rd, 2006, 18:21
I'm sure someone smart in the DS homebrew community will eventually reverse-engineer the firmware and write a better one.
Eventually.
Someone already figured out how to hex-edit the EFA Linker II firmware to replace the horrible default English menus with better English.
It will just take time, patience, and someone with more programming skill than most MMD owners currently posses.
So if you currently have a MMD and don't like the default firmware, get to work on hacking the crap out of it.