PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu Say Wii Will Win the Next Gen war

wraggster
September 2nd, 2006, 00:59
Famitsu the Jap Magazine has said that with the pricepoint and unique gameplay that it expects the Wii to win the next gen war.

What do you think ?

zerosigna1
September 2nd, 2006, 01:04
i second that""

JD/
September 2nd, 2006, 01:09
I third that wii is going to own because of the innovation and price

bsg
September 2nd, 2006, 01:35
If Wii will have the same succes in Japan as the DS Lite in Japan is. And in other regions it can keep up with the compitition, then I am sure that the Wii will win this next generation.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 2nd, 2006, 01:56
Yup. The Wii was born a natural Wiinner.

......Eww. Someone hit me.

stotheamuel
September 2nd, 2006, 02:42
Disagree

jstush04
September 2nd, 2006, 02:45
you are wrong to disagree, sir. what bsg said is exactly correct. the japanese love sony, sure, but not enough for brand loyalty. obviously, they love innovation the most, and the wii is basically the home-console version of the DS. so, if sales remain even a little close in the rest of the world, japan will certainly tip the win into nintendo's hands. and this doesn't change, regardless of whichever system it is that you support

bsg
September 2nd, 2006, 03:00
@stotheamuel

I can see that you are a Sony fanboy and a very loyal one, you always want to protect the Sony brand, even if you can't tell us your reasons why you disagree, then you just say disagree.

Be a man and tell us the reasons why you disagree.

Kramer
September 2nd, 2006, 03:21
@stotheamuel

I can see that you are a Sony fanboy and a very loyal one, you always want to protect the Sony brand, even if you can't tell us your reasons why you disagree, then you just say disagree.

lol I used to be a sony fanboy but the Wii has shown me the light:p.

bsg
September 2nd, 2006, 03:49
lol I used to be a sony fanboy but the Wii has shown me the light:p.

The light or the lightsaber? LOL

cyrien
September 2nd, 2006, 04:10
Hrmm...

Wii will Wii will rock you?

sko, TheLogicalGamer
September 2nd, 2006, 04:12
stotha*** wii will kick ass

philr359
September 2nd, 2006, 04:13
id love to see the Wii at #1

especially because it was oringinally 'not competing' with sony or ms :)

razorak
September 2nd, 2006, 04:13
i believe that Wii will win though i dun see myself owning that console...lol

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:35
I think the Wii's going to be number 1 for me at least! :p

iniquitous_beast
September 2nd, 2006, 07:33
Hrmm...

Wii will Wii will rock you?

Yes, cyrien. Yes it will...

fg-54
September 2nd, 2006, 15:06
wii is definatley gonna win, i mean seriousley! would you rather save up for a wii or a ps3? wii is WAY cheaper, and it has a cooler controler too, unlike that boomerang copy of the n64 controler.

dejkirkby
September 2nd, 2006, 15:20
I'm the biggest Sony fanboy going but the Wii is gonna decimate all. Hell, even I'm getting one of them!

masterpaul
September 2nd, 2006, 17:47
I've saved up till now 1000 euros for the Wii and all it accesorries and the good games.

muffinman
September 2nd, 2006, 20:15
sony will win in the logn run it always does however if the general public in the uk and in the usa stop saying "the wii sounds gay" im sure it will do very well.

but very few people change the publics mind :p

Shilo
September 2nd, 2006, 22:03
I agree with Famitsu. I think that the Wii will be #1 of the next gen consoles :D

irondirgible
September 2nd, 2006, 22:28
I think either the PS3 or 360 will win, with more favor going to the 360 because it is cheaper and in general the consoles with the best graphics don't win (the NES beat the higher-powered SMS and 7800, the Playstation beat the N64 and Saturn(which had a powerful but complicated CPU), and the PS2 beat the Xbox) The SNES is an exception, but the Genesis nearly tied it everywhere but Japan. The Wii is highly known and favored by people on this forum and others who use the internet a fair amount, but that in no way constitutes the entirety of the mainstream. I want the Wii to win, but I don't think it will.

And stop flaming stotheamuel. He's entitled to an opinion.

stotheamuel
September 3rd, 2006, 03:31
@stotheamuel

lol hmmm i might be... my reasons are... all the rich snobby people who will buy it to match their tvs.... i do think blu ray will fail.. and i do think wii will do 10,000 times better than the gamecube.. but i think when it comes down to it.. people would rather buy a game of the same name.. for xbox 360 or for ps3... and i think the wiimote is cool.. but wont last in practicality and wont be used to full benifits... the paying for games you already own wont work in backwords compatibilty... yet ps3 all u need is a memory card adapter and you are good to go...

i told the reasons and now i am a man... i was just saying disagree.. everyone else just said agree... now be MEN! tell why you all think it will dominate

stotha*** wii will kick ass

Wow you are very witty.. I dont know how any one could of thought of that now my name is aparently "S***"... not "Samuel"

FtotheAg would have worked... but then again.. *** is a harsh word used to words gay people like N***er to black people

except people these days dont understand that they are being prejudice towards gay people just like people in the 50s didnt understand they were being raceist... and if i happened to be gay?? is there anything at all wrong with that???

I think either the PS3 or 360 will win, with more favor going to the 360 because it is cheaper and in general the consoles with the best graphics don't win (the NES beat the higher-powered SMS and 7800, the Playstation beat the N64 and Saturn(which had a powerful but complicated CPU), and the PS2 beat the Xbox) The SNES is an exception, but the Genesis nearly tied it everywhere but Japan. The Wii is highly known and favored by people on this forum and others who use the internet a fair amount, but that in no way constitutes the entirety of the mainstream. I want the Wii to win, but I don't think it will.

Thank you!!

tisti
September 3rd, 2006, 10:32

The Xbox still lives on in my home... As the ultimate media player :D

Uruz 6
September 3rd, 2006, 11:33
The Wii sure is innovative and all but is hardly going to win the next war.. why you say?
I'll tell you: what makes a great consoles isn't it's spec but the games (I guess we all agree on this no?) so, what has the nintendo? Zelda? Super Mario? Metroid?
Don't get me wrong, I like those games and most of their spin-off are good but.. that's it.
Now that's my personal opinion and surely anyone can disagree.

Anyway let's take a look at market sales for previous nintendo consoles (or the most recent one like the DS Lite).
The results are obvious, Nintendo will pretty much rule in Japan and be outclassed in the USA and Europe.

Swifty9
September 3rd, 2006, 13:09
The Wii has a really good chance of winning this 'competition'. Why do we call it that? No honestly all three consoles are completely different and I don't think Nintendo really want to think of it as a competition. Here are some reasons why I think the Wii will win:
1. Its cheaper than the other consoles (well at least we hope it will be). You can imagine the situation.. Little kid asks his parents if he can have a PS3 for christmas. They are like yeah of course but when they see the price its like WOAH 425 pound for Xmas!? You gotta be some sort of loaded person to afford it :S
2. Its innovative. Unlike sony. Japan likes innovative stuff. Nuf said.

This is my opinion, you can disagree if you want to.

Swifty.
P.S. My first post, Woo! :D

bsg
September 3rd, 2006, 15:49
....all the rich snobby people who will buy it to match their tvs....

How many people own a HDTV? How many rich people are there? And why shouldn't rich people buy a stand-alone blue-ray player or HD-DVD player that match their TV. BTW the Wii is much more beautiful and slick.

people would rather buy a game of the same name.. for xbox 360 or for ps3

The Wii will have mostly exclusive games.

BTW...people would rather play Resident Evil Wii with the Wii mote then Resident Evil 5 with clunky controls on X360 or ps3. And that is just an example.

... and i think the wiimote is cool.. but wont last in practicality and wont be used to full benifits

The Wii mote will make games better;

FPS
RTS
Survival horror
Sport games
Adventure
Etc.

It makes the control of games also more easy.
It will surely be used to full benefits.

... the paying for games you already own wont work in backwords compatibilty... yet ps3 all u need is a memory card adapter and you are good to go...

The Wii is backwards compatible with the gamecube games right out the box. Don't need to buy any extra stuff. The ps3 however needs an adapter, this reminds me of the first ps2 model where you needed to screw on a LAN adapter on it...LOL

i told the reasons and now i am a man

Are you also man enough to agree that I made some good points here.

Also like I said before, if Wii will have the same succes in Japan as the DS Lite is in Japan and in USA/Europe it can just keep up with the competition, then the Wii will win this next generation.

CampaKaze
September 3rd, 2006, 17:50
Okay, Everyone has their freakin opinions but think about it, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all have looots of money, in the next gen console war i think the 2 top are Xbox 360 and the Wii, from all my friends and everyone i talked to ever i dont think i have heard 1 person talk about the PS3, but.. thats where i live and its very crappy place :P But Microsoft is freakin loooooaded and sold their consoles already, Sony still has alot of money and is hi-tech and Nintendo.. well so far they are the most popular out of everything i have heard. So I think There are a couple more generations of console wars before 1 side is ever going to get kicked out of business, so everyone just relax and just enjoy your system, or your soon to be system. Remember that we have had World Wars and we still havent had peace! :p

muffinman
September 4th, 2006, 10:43
BTW...people would rather play Resident Evil Wii with the Wii mote then Resident Evil 5 with clunky controls on X360 or ps3. And that is just an example.

Actually i think i would prefer to play with those "clunky controls" on the ps3 as the game will look stunning. And most likely play better. I bet you will move your wii remote slightly and the game "magically" throws 20 grenades at the floor and kills you. ( ok slight exageration there but you get the idea)

The Wii is backwards compatible with the gamecube games right out the box. Don't need to buy any extra stuff. The ps3 however needs an adapter, this reminds me of the first ps2 model where you needed to screw on a LAN adapter on it...LOL

and where was gamecube brilliant lan adaptor and full online games ? at least they added it to the ps2 plus if i remember you could use the usb slots on the ps2 for internet.

anyways nice one campakaze for spreading the peace and love message, but face it come christmas alot of people will be willing to do anything for their son or daughter including going on ebay and paying rediculous amounts of money for games consoles like last year.

stotheamuel dont listen to these non sony fan boys :)
seriously dont go ot of your way to contradict people its not nice. Im only doing it here because he did it to samuel.

bsg
September 4th, 2006, 17:11
@muffinman

You are flaming!!!

bsg
September 4th, 2006, 20:31
Actually i think i would prefer to play with those "clunky controls" on the ps3 as the game will look stunning. And most likely play better.

A proof of how stupid sony fanboys are, how can the game most likely play better with clunky controls...LMAO

By the way, you do not represent millions of others. They all prefer to play FPS and survil horrors with the Wii mote.

Now I know why sony fanboys are afraid to play Brain Age on the DS....hahahah ROFLMAO

Your brain age is 999.999.999 :)

muffinman
September 4th, 2006, 21:40
actually i do play brain age on the ds so you can shut up on that point.

and on another note how can you say you prefer the wii mote have you ever used one?
I know i like most people havent so at the moment ill stick with old trusty clunky controllers with i quite frankly enjoy playing with.

also please dont double post I class that as spamming.

and as i stated before ill flame you because you flamed samuel

p.s

i have an i.q of a 144 so i think that im not quite an idiot.

bsg
September 4th, 2006, 23:50
@muffinman

You are an idiot, coz I didn't flame samuel.

BTW me and samuel exchanging opinions is none of your business.

You seem like a sick person, so you are on my ignore list now.

stotheamuel
September 5th, 2006, 01:03
Why can't we be friends.... Why can't we be friends... I agree that the wii... is cool guys... but i just think the ps3 will bring games to the next level... imagine... the day when gaming is on blu-ray with 200GB Over 10 times capacity... and i think it will take about 2 years for the ps3 to dominate... hell the number of hd sets is expected to double by 2008.

About the wii mote and tilt.. I think both are unpracticle if i get mad and throw my controller or shake it .. or have to scratch or want to drink something or phone rings or i just want to move my arms around... it shouldn't affect game play (for example if im hiding in a game with stealth) and long FPS games will tire my arm in red steel..

bsg
September 5th, 2006, 14:05
I agree "why can't we be friends?"
We are gamers, consumers, we don't get any profit from which company ever wins this next generation. Yeah, you heard it, we don't get any profit.

Sure I believe that gaming with 1080p and games as big as 200 GB takes it to the next level, but isn't that too soon. It is not a small step, but a giant step. I mean, how many people own a HDTV with HDMI? And how many games can be 200GB in size by now? Maybe over 5 years casual people will own a HDTV 1080p and maybe by then games will come close to 200GB.

By the way, I believe that devs want to make profit, they don't want to put so much money in a game and don't get a lot of profit from it in return.

PS3 $600
HDTV 1080p with HDMI big one $1299 (maybe more)
PS3 game $99

If Sony jumps too high, then they can fall harder on the floor. It is just too soon to take such a big step.

About the wii mote, you can always put the game on "pause" I believe every console and every game has the functionality to "pause" the game.

muffinman
September 5th, 2006, 17:25
@muffinman

You are an idiot, coz I didn't flame samuel.

BTW me and samuel exchanging opinions is none of your business.

You seem like a sick person, so you are on my ignore list now.

yes bsg i am mentally deranged in the head. does that satisfy you? no.

i also live in a room with padded walls and the nice people gave me this beautiful jacket which my arms are wrapped round my body in :)

anyways exchanging opinions? seemed like you where mearly contradicting him at every opertune point, but hey im an idiot and a sick person so what do i know?

anyways freedom of speech lets me make it my own business and speak out about it.

and also i could class it as voiceing my opinions on the subject. i mearly agree with samuel and therefore by defending him i defend my ideas and his :)

Cap'n 1time
September 5th, 2006, 18:24
quit dicking around or im going to cut you. >:(

stotheamuel
September 5th, 2006, 22:45
I agree "why can't we be friends?"
We are gamers, consumers, we don't get any profit from which company ever wins this next generation. Yeah, you heard it, we don't get any profit.

Sure I believe that gaming with 1080p and games as big as 200 GB takes it to the next level, but isn't that too soon. It is not a small step, but a giant step. I mean, how many people own a HDTV with HDMI? And how many games can be 200GB in size by now? Maybe over 5 years casual people will own a HDTV 1080p and maybe by then games will come close to 200GB.

By the way, I believe that devs want to make profit, they don't want to put so much money in a game and don't get a lot of profit from it in return.

PS3 $600
HDTV 1080p with HDMI big one $1299 (maybe more)
PS3 game $99

If Sony jumps too high, then they can fall harder on the floor. It is just too soon to take such a big step.

About the wii mote, you can always put the game on "pause" I believe every console and every game has the functionality to "pause" the game.

WONDERFUL POINT! I personaly do think sony WILL FAIL but i do think the ps3 is better... much better but will fail! In 4-6 years i think it will come on top just short of the next gen.... face it guys! Why do you all (practicly) say it sucks? "cost to much" but it definatly depends on how wonderful blu ray is? (i think there is no new format war and neither will win it is still soon) + some people have a HD tv (like myself) and some people would love to play more realistic games.. I personaly can't think of many good gamecube games... and i think nntendo will deliver spectacularly on its first party games
IE Brawl, twilight princess, mario galaxy,and umm ummm:D lol... but i predict 3rd party games to fall short again

PS I don't think you can pause live gaming or LAN..and i rather be able to hide in stealthy games with out pausing to move around.. also i still think playing long time holding my arm extended during FPS will hurt after a while

gotmilk0112
September 6th, 2006, 00:00
quit dicking around or im going to cut you. >:(

OWNED. :D

wii will win:

wii = 200$~250$ (we dont know the actual price yet)
wii game: 40~50$
another wii game: 40~50$
= around 300$~350$

HALF THE PRICE of the ps3 alone!!

pwnd. nuff' said.

bsg
September 6th, 2006, 00:31
...and i think nintendo will deliver spectacularly on its first party games
IE Brawl, twilight princess, mario galaxy,and umm ummm:D lol... but i predict 3rd party games to fall short again

Who's on board with the Wii?

I will name just a few;

Ubisoft
Electronic Arts (EA)
Lucas Arts
Tecmo
Midway
THQ
Activision
SEGA
And many more

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10067

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10317

PS I don't think you can pause live gaming or LAN..and i rather be able to hide in stealthy games with out pausing to move around.. also i still think playing long time holding my arm extended during FPS will hurt after a while

You can hold your arm on your lap and just slightly turn your wrist with the Wii mote, I don't think that will hurt.

Also buying the Wii and try it out yourself doesn't hurt.

And heee...there is no $600 pricetag on the Wii, so the price won't hurt either when buying it :D

SSaxdude
September 6th, 2006, 00:42
I have one question: how many of the Wii people would buy it if it cost $400, or the PS3 and 360 cost $100 less?

I agree with stotheamuel, 3rd party will decline like it did with the Gamecube.

But who cares what forumers think? We're only like 5% of the gaming population (I'm talking about every forum combined, not just DCEMU.)

CampaKaze
September 6th, 2006, 01:32
Okay, for once, i actually.. sorta, agree with stotheamuel.. for once.. >.> ill tell yah why.

The consoles, well i looove the idea of great consoles that are coming out, i hope everyone agrees that the Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii (if you think one is stupid, well your even stupider for hating people who want to make lots of money through GOOD QUALITY consoles, they are NOT stupid) which are all good, i dont really care which is your fav. console because that is your opinion as a consumer, which we all are. The reason i agree is because i do not see any great revolutionary games, theres Blu-ray but i dont really give a damn about these 200gb CDs that are blue, i care about the games and thats what makes a system worth the money. I dont like to make bad comments on systems cus, dudes, id get em all if i had the money.

Good systems have been made now we just need to see how the game developers adapt to the new technology, and this is what i think is gonna be the bad part about the PS3, they say the tech is good and it really is great but what about the games?

Sorry for ranting

bsg
September 6th, 2006, 01:34
@SSaxdude & @stotheamuel

Tell me honoustly.

If you were the director of a game developing company. And your company already has some financial problems, because your company upgraded the game graphics, but the consumers don't want to pay anymore for your games as the price of the games from the competition.

Also you as director know that the PS3 price is too high, and many people will wait for years until the price has dropped majorly, meanwhile all the people will buy the Wii now.

And you as a director of a games developing company, went to the E3 this month and you saw the entire waiting line in front of the Nintendo booth while there wasn't much going on at the Sony booth.

What would be your next *WISE* business decision;

Develop for the PS3 or develop for the Wii?

gotmilk0112
September 6th, 2006, 01:58
one of the known facts is that Wii will not exceed 250$ in the U.S. . what we are waiting for is the actual price lol.

SSaxdude
September 6th, 2006, 01:59
Ok first of all I'm not a Sony fanboy, but I'm saying I don't really trust Nintendo either. That is why I will wait this "war" out a bit.

As for the Wii and the price, it seems as though Nintendo only decided to go with less powerful hardware because they knew people would buy the system if it was dirt cheap.

As for E3, only a really small amount of gamers go to it. What's more important is that if you are a console maker, you can get the majority of gamers to buy your console.

Like I've stated, I think people's opinion about the Wii will change as 3rd party support declines.

If you want a Wii because it's uber cheap, then buy a Dreamcast which costs like $25 and has been out for 7 years.

SSaxdude
September 6th, 2006, 02:00
one of the known facts is that Wii will not exceed 250$ in the U.S. . what we are waiting for is the actual price lol.
We all know that. Where do you think we've been for the past year? Under a rock? just kidding

bsg
September 6th, 2006, 02:09
Ok first of all I'm not a Sony fanboy, but I'm saying I don't really trust Nintendo either. That is why I will wait this "war" out a bit.

As for the Wii and the price, it seems as though Nintendo only decided to go with less powerful hardware because they knew people would buy the system if it was dirt cheap.

As for E3, only a really small amount of gamers go to it. What's more important is that if you are a console maker, you can get the majority of gamers to buy your console.

Like I've stated, I think people's opinion about the Wii will change as 3rd party support declines.

If you want a Wii because it's uber cheap, then buy a Dreamcast which costs like $25 and has been out for 7 years.

I was talking about game makers and not console makers. And I still didn't got an answer to my question :(

Please read my story and the question again, but this time not in a hurry :)

skater9269
September 6th, 2006, 02:15
the wii will win simply because it could be your 1st or secound next gen console so either way nintendo wins.Im getting one because my dad will maybe be able to play Ill bring it over to his house and tell him to swing the remote. lol

stotheamuel
September 6th, 2006, 05:15
Also buying the Wii and try it out yourself doesn't hurt.

And heee...there is no $600 pricetag on the Wii, so the price won't hurt either when buying it :D

Lol I am with a ps3.. and if for some reason the amazingly awesomeness of it wasn't amazingly awesome... ill sell it for probobly 800 on ebay...

@SSaxdude & @stotheamuel

Tell me honoustly.

If you were the director of a game developing company. And your company already has some financial problems, because your company upgraded the game graphics, but the consumers don't want to pay anymore for your games as the price of the games from the competition.

Also you as director know that the PS3 price is too high, and many people will wait for years until the price has dropped majorly, meanwhile all the people will buy the Wii now.

And you as a director of a games developing company, went to the E3 this month and you saw the entire waiting line in front of the Nintendo booth while there wasn't much going on at the Sony booth.

The ones who go out and say it costs a lot are the ones making it look bad for the ps3.. then 3rd party support declines and it costs more... vicious cycle..>_<

But HUUUGE developers like EA should have no problem with money... but if big developers sucked it up... then the ps3 would be a success and they could CONTINUE not worring about money ever again

and if i was developing a game (Im assuming Im a new developing company (or i make shitty games)then yeah sure my game will come out on the wii.. but then again IM a SMALL 3rd party support...unkown with financial problems;)

SSaxdude
September 6th, 2006, 12:39
@SSaxdude & @stotheamuel

Tell me honoustly.

I'd develop for both, so that I could make the maximum profits. Even if 50% of gamers buy a Wii, what about the other 50%? And if there are less companies working on making games for the PS3, then you will have less competition against other game makers.

nomi
September 6th, 2006, 14:34
I DISAGREE. Sony will win the gen war. well all i can say is that the only competition there is is SONY VS NINTENDO. Microsoft doesnt stand a chance! Sony will be releasing a new eyetoy which will have you playing inside a 3d first or 3rd person shooter! THATS COOL!!! and dont forget GTA GTA GTA!!! WOHOOOO!

PS. DONT FORGET: PS3 will support homebrew! Sony has allowed homebrew for the PS3!

Kramer
September 6th, 2006, 14:37
I DISAGREE. Sony will win the gen war. well all i can say is that the only competition there is is SONY VS NINTENDO. Microsoft doesnt stand a chance! Sony will be releasing a new eyetoy which will have you playing inside a 3d first or 3rd person shooter! THATS COOL!!! and dont forget GTA GTA GTA!!! WOHOOOO!

lol have you even seen a video of Red Steel on Wii.

nomi
September 6th, 2006, 14:47
OK SCREW IT IM BUYING BOTH!:)(ps3 and wii)

Kramer
September 6th, 2006, 14:48
good choice I wish I had the money to buy both.

masterpaul
September 6th, 2006, 16:22
Not Made by Me...

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/mcdrye/San%20Andreas%20Today/SonySuckcopy.jpg

"Sony has officially confirmed that the European launch of the PlayStation 3 has been delayed, citing "production issues with the blue laser diodes needed for the Blu-Ray drive". Originally planned for a simultaneous global release in November, the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, and Australasia will now have to wait until March 2007 to get their hands on a PS3. Plans to launch the PS3 in North America and Japan this November remain unchanged.

According to the announcement, "the PAL market is the most complicated region in which to launch the system, and is therefore the most pragmatic choice to bear the brunt of a shortage of components". Everyone outside North America and Japan is used to getting a bum deal when it comes to console launches, so this broken promise is certain to leave a bitter taste in the mouths of gamers everywhere."

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/06/european-launch-of-playstation-3-delayed-until-march-2007/2#comments

See... Sony is doomed

bsg
September 6th, 2006, 16:54
Sony is only making it worse for themselfs everyday.

The developers who jumped on board the Wii are very lucky, because from Q4 2006 till march 2007 they will sell their games worldwide.

Only people living in Japan and USA will buy PS3 games untill March 2007.

Ubisoft and others who jumped early on board with the Wii are good fortune tellers.

ACID
September 6th, 2006, 16:56
Yup. The Wii was born a natural Wiinner.

......Eww. Someone hit me.
i agree the WII will win it all. Oh where you at homebrew ill do you the favore. LOL:D

bsg
September 6th, 2006, 17:16
Who is going to disagree that the Wii will win after seeing this video? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUHORFW4q0

dejkirkby
September 6th, 2006, 17:20
Who is going to disagree that the Wii will win after seeing this video? "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUHORFW4q0
That's a sh*tload of people!

Uruz 6
September 6th, 2006, 17:58
Say, think the Wii will have region-free games like the PSP?
Just wondering.

CrackA
September 6th, 2006, 18:06
Say, think the Wii will have region-free games like the PSP?
Just wondering.
i think and hope so.

oh, and i agree with the whole thread. the wii will sell the most and be the best console this gen. ps3 isnt gonna sell much because of the price, maybe when its lower, but that'll be a few years (and if so, i will get one):D . and not many pple talking about xbox360.

SSaxdude
September 6th, 2006, 21:39
lol have you even seen a video of Red Steel on Wii.
EGM tried a demo of Red Steel and said the video had better graphics than what it really had, the AI is terrible, and the sensitivity of the controller is way too high.

stotheamuel
September 6th, 2006, 22:42
and the sword play was predetermined moves.. Ex. shake = a certain swing, Rotate= another swing...

But they say it is being fixed

bsg
September 7th, 2006, 00:41
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/red-steel/red-steel-to-have-11-sword-control-and-there-was-much-rejoicing-196983.php

CrackA
September 7th, 2006, 01:06
and the sword play was predetermined moves.. Ex. shake = a certain swing, Rotate= another swing...

But they say it is being fixed
yep, they listened to gamers critisism and changed some things, the gameplay is smoother and i think u w ill be able to ajust the sensitivity to your liking.

bsg
September 7th, 2006, 01:14
Ok guys,

Red Steel is still in development, every month the graphics of the game are polished up. It is becoming more and more beautiful.

Here a more recent in-game shot of the game....

Beautiful or Not?

http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/7432/ingamewn2.jpg

gotmilk0112
September 7th, 2006, 02:54
kewl. eye candy.

wii = ownage. and i have proof from GameFAQs:

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9743/wiiownsalljc3.th.png (http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wiiownsalljc3.png)

u might have to click the picture to enlarge it. (while u r viewing it on imageShack)

:D

CrackA
September 7th, 2006, 15:46
Ok guys,

Red Steel is still in development, every month the graphics of the game are polished up. It is becoming more and more beautiful.

Here a more recent in-game shot of the game....

Beautiful or Not?

http://img173.imageshack.us/img173/7432/ingamewn2.jpg
wow, a enemy that isnt left handed :eek:

:p :p

OldschoolGamer1
November 21st, 2006, 22:29
Obviously this Japan based game designer will rate sony and nintendo games high, gee they are both mainly Japanese developed. As far as next gen console wars go the Wii might win. Why might you ask? Well, the PS3 has a couple bad things going for it including the sheer price. Throw in an extra controller, hdmi cable and a game and the price is crazy.

Nintendo on the other hand went cheap. This is good and bad. Holidays will make the Wii a popular seller with parents. Thats it.

The bad part of going cheap: not only is there already a error problem if you update it, but there is no high definition. Look at actually screen shots and not that crap photo taken off a computer development version and you will see what I mean. Nintendo is innovative? Are you smoking crack in the corner? They have 12 mario titles coming out. GO innovation! The system will suffer the same problems the Gamecube had last console war. Lack of games that appeal to the 12 year old + crowd. Will the system sell to the fanboy base who have to play the newest zelda, mario, and metroid? most assuredly.

The systems will both outsell xbox in Japan, which has one of the highest concentration of gamers in the world. For sheer quality xbox with its masterful live, and uncomprimising support will be the console of choice to those who dont want to play zelda 99, mario 99, metroid 99, final fantasy 99999, devil may cry 99, and solid gear 99(whose plot hasn't made any sense since the days of the Nintendo version. Will xbox win in US, Europe, and possibly AU, time will tell but its a safe bet.

Ps the reason the playstation 2 sold so many consoles is you had to buy three minimum to get a functioning one for longer than 6 months. And Wi(gamecube 1.5, new faulty controller or not) is too underpowered to be more than a portable ds.