PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblin US ver.

wraggster
September 2nd, 2006, 10:15
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/?aff_id=24), the US Version of Ghosts N' Goblin.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-ghosts-and-goblin-L.jpg

An exclusive PSP edition of Capcom's legendary platforming game, directed by the original's creator Tokurou Fujiwara. The game makes use of a 3D graphics engine, giving depth to the visuals, but plays in a side-scrolling perspective and similar art design to stay true to the original. Your goal is to work your way through side-scrolling stages, defeating enemies and using your best platforming skills. The game lets you build up your skills as you progress. You start off with just a basic jump, but eventually gain a double jump and even the ability to fly. You'll also earn lots of magic spells along the way. The game promises a greater number of spells and weapons than ever before. New for Goku Makaimura is non-linear gameplay. You're no longer on a fixed path from start to end. The levels include branching points and even warp points. By using a warp point, you can warp back to previous levels and collecting items that you might have missed.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-ghosts-and-goblin-X2.jpg

ACID
September 2nd, 2006, 10:20
I have the jap version and this is a must get game for the PSP.

S34MU5
September 2nd, 2006, 11:52
im gettin it.
RIGHT NOW.
goodbye...

Baboon
September 2nd, 2006, 11:59
In a weeks time when it hits the UK shelfs I'll be first in the que! :)

shaunenterprise
September 2nd, 2006, 21:02
loved this game since the snes days i have the jp version as well and love it

Baboon
September 4th, 2006, 09:28
I finally got to play this last night on a mates PSP who imported it. :)

I love this game, its very faithful to the original style of GnG (which is a good thing), but the graphics and sound have been tweaked and updated and are spot on! :)

I’ve always been a fan of Capcom games and this game is right up there with all the other classics that they’ve knocked out.

...and who said 2D was dead?

I just hope in time we get a Resident Evil game for the PSP from Capcom (in a similar style to Resi 4 on the GC). :)

mr_nick666
September 4th, 2006, 09:40
I finally got to play this last night on a mates PSP who imported it. :)

I love this game, its very faithful to the original style of GnG (which is a good thing), but the graphics and sound have been tweaked and updated and are spot on! :)

I’ve always been a fan of Capcom games and this game is right up there with all the other classics that they’ve knocked out.

...and who said 2D was dead?

I just hope in time we get a Resident Evil game for the PSP from Capcom (in a similar style to Resi 4 on the GC). :)

2D will NEVER die!! :p Thanks for the review - I think you've sold it to me ;) I loved the original of this... :rolleyes:

Raekwik11
September 4th, 2006, 16:55
It's good that the younger generation can really see what we grew up on how many years back.