PDA

View Full Version : PSP Dungeons v0.3

wraggster
September 2nd, 2006, 11:09
Charnold (http://www.caweb.de/) has released a new and awesome looking version of his PSP - Dungeons Game, the game iself looks like a throwback to Wolf3D. Check out the screenshot:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dungeons.JPG

Heres what the author says:

This version renders 3d models now (sometimes mixed with 2D billboards), still with 60 frames/sec :-)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Baboon
September 2nd, 2006, 11:47
The screens shots look quite cool. I might give this a try (memory card space permitting). :)

ACID
September 2nd, 2006, 11:47
looks great have to try it.

S34MU5
September 2nd, 2006, 11:48
same here looks good. multiplayer???

Raekwik11
September 2nd, 2006, 15:46
It looks nice. good work.

John Vattic
September 2nd, 2006, 16:13
I got it to run but can't hide corrupted data folder.

p.s. it's very nice work!

JD/
September 2nd, 2006, 16:44
this game looks awesome im dl it now

Emeriastone
September 2nd, 2006, 16:59
When will we see some incorporation of playable aspects, aka something that will make the game interesting to play? - BTW, I loved the last version of this app. Great work.

siulmagic
September 2nd, 2006, 17:12
wow great release keep up the good work

PSPKOR
September 2nd, 2006, 18:16
This is getting quite nice, Keep it up.

Zion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:12
@emeriastone - it is playable :D you can kill the enemies...and they can kill you,....aka fist person shooter :D lmao

it has levels too

SweetFA
September 2nd, 2006, 20:42
Control seems a bit daft.
The shape buttons are used for movement and the d-pad controls fire.....

mag060790
September 2nd, 2006, 21:48
this game is just awsome!!!!plz make a halo mod! keep up the good work and im looking forward to ur next releases

Poem58
September 3rd, 2006, 06:47
seems pretty good...controls are nearly unplayable...target right in frony of me and I'm killed before I can manuver straight enough to shoot it!
Graphics...Nice
Sound...good
game as a whole...pretty nice
control....eeeewwww....

Can't wait to see future release....

powers
September 3rd, 2006, 06:48
mmm how do i get this to work....>?

mauro2029
September 3rd, 2006, 18:59
Nice work, I like what I see...

my only peeve is the control scheme, it would be cool if the analog nub could be used, or the d-pad for movement.

Kudos :) , keep it up.

Drem
September 3rd, 2006, 21:10
This is really rock! One of the best homebrew release of this month, for me.
This game have true old-school PC shooter spirit, graphic are great and entire potential is quite awesome. Both (0.2 & 0.3) releases are great, enemies in v0.2 kill me with nostalgie rather, than with weapons :D. (I'm still wonder about Catacomb/Wolf3D game on my PSP)
Mmmm... (How can it be, that) i'm miss first version? If it have public release v0.1 or earlier, please, help me (PM).

Broadus
September 4th, 2006, 21:43
It tells me when I try to start it up in 2.6 eLoader,
"Found suspicious hard path at 0897B888
ms0:/PSP/GAME/DUNGEONS/data/models"
And then it shuts down the PSP. What do I do?

ICE
September 6th, 2006, 20:15
will this work on 1.5??

Broadus
September 7th, 2006, 01:54
Did you try it, yet? Just trying it would be a lot quicker than waiting for a response on a forum.

It tells me when I try to start it up in 2.6 eLoader,

mr_nick666
September 7th, 2006, 09:01
This is really rock! One of the best homebrew release of this mounth, for me.
This game have true old-school PC shooter spirit, graphic are great and entire potential is quite awesome. Both (0.2 & 0.3) releases are great, enemies in v0.2 kill me with nostalgie rather, than with weapons :D. (I'm still wonder about Catacomb/Wolf3D game on my PSP)
Mmmm... (How can it be, that) i'm miss first version? If it have public release v0.1 or earlier, please, help me (PM).

Your english is better than alot of the native speakers Ive seen on this forum! ;) This homebrew does rock and I know what you mean about the nostalgia :rolleyes: Its started a discussion at work about our favourite 3D shooters! :)

I know what everyones saying about the controls... :( This is a really nice homebrew it just needs a few control tweaks and it could be great! ;)

Broadus
September 8th, 2006, 03:26
ALL the PSP needs in terms of controls is two joysticks. They've made all kinds of weird attachments for the PSP, why haven't they made some kind of double joystick attachment? Old games wouldn't be able to use such an invention, but new games would get a lot out of it. Even with one joystick, FPS games can still be really fun on the PSP, just a bit weird to control. Better than on the Nintendo DS, anyway.

It tells me when I try to start Dungeons up in 2.6 eLoader,

blackrave
September 8th, 2006, 14:52
This game looks very nice! Can anyone kxploit it, so I can try it on my 1.5?
Thanks for the release.

mr_nick666
September 8th, 2006, 15:20
This game looks very nice! Can anyone kxploit it, so I can try it on my 1.5?
Thanks for the release.

Download the SEIPSP tool and you can do it yourself! Its really easy :D Find it at: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7647&page=2

Just select the eboot and generate for 1.5 and it'll give you the correct folders and everything straight to your PSP (if you're connected via USB or card reader of course! :o )

blackrave
September 8th, 2006, 23:17
Thanks for the help, mr_nick666! I tried using SeiPSPTool once before, but I couldn't figure out how. :P
Worked it out now, though, and it's really easy. Takes some time to export it to 1.5, though...

Broadus
September 9th, 2006, 06:33
So, is this not supposed to work on 2.6? An older version worked, but this version gives me a model directory error and won't start up. It gets to "loading level 1" when I remove the models folder, but I still get the error, and the game freezes during the loading screen.
It'd be nice to get this to work. I'm really interested in how it uses MD3s for models, because Return to Castle Wolfenstein uses MD3s as well.

Come on! I've reported the error every post I've made, and I've got no responses on it.