PDA

View Full Version : PSX-P The Playstation Emulator for the PSP WIP News

wraggster
September 2nd, 2006, 16:58
Translated news from PSPGen (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2F&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

Yesterday evening, Yoshihiro came with our last LAN Party from the summer with in the pocket, a new grinding of its version of emulator PSX-P. Let us be clear, it does not have, for various personal reasons, had all the time initially planned to work above. Its association with a programmer external with world PSP to program the dynarec did not succeed yet.

Note that at the beginning, Dark_Alex was to take care of Dynarec but that the downgrade, and especially the fact that it did not have a PSP any more during the last month did not arrange the things.

Blow, the project does not have much advanced since the relelase a video first, it is true. But, however yesterday evening, I saw Ridge Racer launching out on PSX-P and of the blow the glimmer of hope reappears. No the miracles, however, because without a correct dynarec this play even launches out but turns ata rate of FPS not nommable. But, it launches out…

As you see it on the photographs, posting is not done any more, for the tests, in full screen.

The tests with Ridge Racer 1 started…

Then, as opposed to what I had promised to you, I indeed did not put on line the very first version of this emulator at the request of Yoshihiro because it wishes releaser beta more succeeded a little. The negotiation continues…: -)…

And at the same time, the exit of the downgrader 2.71 seems to have made its office with more than 3000 connected people, at the strongest moment of the evening, on PSPGEN including 784 on the forum. It should be noted that our very new waiter of yesterday after midday, did not support the shock.

Once again, I point out that this adventure is in hand and that the project advances as quickly as possible. The objectives are a challenge and PSP-GENERATION supports the project and our team hopes, like you, that that will succeed.

OK so no release but plenty of screens Via Comments

Kramer
September 2nd, 2006, 17:02
Riiiiiiiiiidge racer

lol i had to say it

gotmilk0112
September 2nd, 2006, 17:03
w00t. cant wait to be playing Spyro the dragon on my psp. nice work :D

QueadlunnRau
September 2nd, 2006, 17:04
yo the intro to ridge racer with that girl who's heel breaks is hottness

Mr.Denny
September 2nd, 2006, 17:06
Hmmm

Still seems a bit fishy imo.

Emeriastone
September 2nd, 2006, 17:06
Wow, looks like a winner. I think I will have to vomit from excitement if this app works better than Sony's...

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 17:12
Awesome news! Can't wait! :)

YourStillWithMe
September 2nd, 2006, 17:12
We WILL be able to play PS1 on 1.50. Mark my words, whether it be this emulator or from the firmware update, in the future we WILL be playing ps1 games on our psps read my sig patience is key

Kramer
September 2nd, 2006, 17:13
Cool they have a interview with Laxer3A on there site I hope can understand the google translation.

EDIT: thanks for the news Wraggster

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 2nd, 2006, 17:15
thx, i want to play FFVII soon XD

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 17:17
Cool they have a interview with Laxer3A on there site I hope can understand the google translation.

EDIT: thanks for the news Wraggster
If you need a translation, I speak French and English fluently. ;)

alleyal202
September 2nd, 2006, 17:17
Cant wait to actually try the thing myself but i cant rush greatness.but wow,by the end of this year we will be playing ps1 games on our psp's,now how great is that?????????????????????:)

pkmusicmaker
September 2nd, 2006, 17:21
Now I could be totally wrong here, but wouldn't it make sense to wait for the Sony emulator and figure out how to either:

A - Get it working on 1.0/1.5 and get the games free.

or

B - Somehow rip the code and use it to write one for 1.0/1.5

Of course I don't code, and I'm sure there's some technicality I'm totally unaware of, but it's a thought.

siulmagic
September 2nd, 2006, 17:24
wow amazing cant wait for th release omg

Kramer
September 2nd, 2006, 17:24
If you need a translation, I speak French and English fluently. ;)

lol dont worry about it I just finished reading it could understand it good enough anyway.

Man
September 2nd, 2006, 17:26
Yahoooo, i cant wait, how do you make your PSone games into Isos, because i want to have my ff7 discs done soon :) then all will be well!! The emulator looks great, keep it up !!

Accordion
September 2nd, 2006, 17:27
why do some people still not believe this is real???

stubborness killed the shark…

Pumped'Up
September 2nd, 2006, 17:29
awesome. i'm just worried about button arrangement. the PS controller has more buttons than the PSP, so how the translation is done is beyond me...

jak66
September 2nd, 2006, 17:35
button mapping is easy enough, you just wont be able to use all buttons at once (say for example, dpad is maped to...dpad, analogue stick is mapped to left analoguw stick, facebuttons are mapped to...face buttons, L is maped to menu/rom selector, r is mapped to alternative buttons, so r+analogue stick is right analogue stick and r+face buttons/dpad is shoulder buttons)

as for making the official one work on a 1.0/1.5, it'll probably be impossible without decripting the firmware as it will probably need to load some files from the firmware to work just to stop people from doing that

Tinnus
September 2nd, 2006, 18:09
Now I could be totally wrong here, but wouldn't it make sense to wait for the Sony emulator and figure out how to either:

A - Get it working on 1.0/1.5 and get the games free.
We (the users) don't have the patience and I think the peogrammers also don't :p Do you prefer to play your games today or in some months? ;)

or

B - Somehow rip the code and use it to write one for 1.0/1.5
THAT is illegal and Sony COULD sue someone over that.

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 18:23
ok they explained why i didn't come out yesterday, but why did they not give an update on their progress such as fps, if there was any crashing, and so on...also if this is PacManFan's work the only thing i though needed to be done was fix a memory issue and some other minor things, well hope to see some progress numbers and stats instead of an explaination of why it didn't get released

JD/
September 2nd, 2006, 19:15
haha 2 all the non believers patience is the key

gimpyjr
September 2nd, 2006, 19:29
Gran Turismo on the PSP woooooooooot :-)

I need to see a pic of GT. even if it's just the title
screen.

shinysuitman
September 2nd, 2006, 19:30
ok they explained why i didn't come out yesterday, but why did they not give an update on their progress such as fps, if there was any crashing, and so on...also if this is PacManFan's work the only thing i though needed to be done was fix a memory issue and some other minor things, well hope to see some progress numbers and stats instead of an explaination of why it didn't get released

Im really curious as to that point as well.

muffinman
September 2nd, 2006, 19:34
would be nice to see figures but who cares atm atleast we know they are still working on it :)

sroon
September 2nd, 2006, 19:37
Thank you Wreggy! I wondered what happend!
Hopefull its cumming out in the next month!
I guess I will have to keep playin PS1 on My PPC until the PSX-P cums out!:(

PSP=BIG WIDE SCREEN NESS!:D

( O ) ( O );)

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 19:40
well usually we get figures and such from psp devs, like StrmnNrmn...everytime he gives us a update he gives us numbers and tells us what to expect, the PSX-P team has not...well not since it was first mentioned, and since we have to wait for the first release why not let us know how far u have gotten

donne
September 2nd, 2006, 19:42
Perhaps one would think it's seemed a bit fishy, however the picture number four is a very nice touch. As if the game begun to start on a PSP.. If this emu was not real, then the one made those pictures was really clever.

Pumped'Up
September 2nd, 2006, 19:47
button mapping is easy enough, you just wont be able to use all buttons at once (say for example, dpad is maped to...dpad, analogue stick is mapped to left analoguw stick, facebuttons are mapped to...face buttons, L is maped to menu/rom selector, r is mapped to alternative buttons, so r+analogue stick is right analogue stick and r+face buttons/dpad is shoulder buttons)

as for making the official one work on a 1.0/1.5, it'll probably be impossible without decripting the firmware as it will probably need to load some files from the firmware to work just to stop people from doing that
I forgot about the PS1 pre-dualshock controller....yea, no problem mapping buttons to PSP for those games but for the ones that require dual shock/analog, hmm...

It'll no doubt be an exciting day when the PS emu is released...

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 19:54
I forgot about the PS1 pre-dualshock controller....yea, no problem mapping buttons to PSP for those games but for the ones that require dual shock/analog, hmm...

It'll no doubt be an exciting day when the PS emu is released...
well for the dual shock analog games we can use up or down on the d-pad to toggle the second analog and the face buttons(x,o,triange,square) would be the controls for the second analog

Mr. Shizzy
September 2nd, 2006, 20:00
This is gonna take some time. The way exophase hit us out of no where with a full speed emu was one in a million.

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 20:12
yeh i wish they would have thought twice about the announcement and waited til they had something worth releasing(or close to releasing)...that way it wouldn't be on our minds 24/7, also i don't think this is fake but i do think their release/update methods are @$$ backwards...it's not like we have been waiting a few weeks for a PS1 emu, we've been waiting 10x longer(exaggerating ofcourse), so they should have atleast had a proof of concept release, like the custom fw or Hello World, something we can put on our psp and try out...but that's just me and a few others that think that i guess

Accordion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:23
yeh i wish they would have thought twice about the announcement and waited til they had something worth releasing(or close to releasing)...that way it wouldn't be on our minds 24/7, also i don't think this is fake but i do think their release/update methods are @$$ backwards...it's not like we have been waiting a few weeks for a PS1 emu, we've been waiting 10x longer(exaggerating ofcourse), so they should have atleast had a proof of concept release, like the custom fw or Hello World, something we can put on our psp and try out...but that's just me and a few others that think that i guess

your line of thought is based on the misconception that developers owe people this emu

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 20:31
your line of thought is based on the misconception that developers owe people this emu
no it's not, it's based off common sense...basically what i would have done if i were in their shoes, not once did i demand a release i was just saying how pointless announcing this was until they had SOMETING other than videos and pic ready

hodey
September 2nd, 2006, 20:33
There is only one game that required a dual shock anyway. The only real problem would be l2 and r2 buttons, wich wit creative programing, wouldn't be a problem

Accordion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:34
but the point is, you arent the one making the emu, so its not up to you…just be patient, the devs will do what they can, in their own best interests, i think the downgrader effects have a little more importance

porchemasi
September 2nd, 2006, 20:46
Please test FF7 :O BENCHMARK FPS WITH FF7

Anger
September 2nd, 2006, 20:49
i hate to be the one to point out the obvious but i have to as noone else has.
my feeling is that this is either a fake or that its nowhere near ready.
my reasoning for this is the difference in time between the second last and last pictures (timecode) and also why in some shots the psp is invisible and in others its in perfect view. now these differences could be explained with an unstable and/or very slow emulator, but theres one other important fact - this is being made by yoshihiro - thats right the guy who claimed for ages he had made the worlds first downgrader and it turned out to be bulls* and then tried to claim mph's work as his own. now i may be tainted becuase of his colorful past in the scene, but when you add all that to whats been said - no details released, then you can see why i doubt this.
i am hoping im wrong as i think this would be great - to finally beat sony at releasing good software, but it doesnt smell right and you know the saying if it sounds too good to be true...

Accordion
September 2nd, 2006, 20:50
funny

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 21:02
but the point is, you arent the one making the emu, so its not up to you…just be patient, the devs will do what they can, in their own best interests, i think the downgrader effects have a little more importance
wow ur probably as stubborn as me :D lol, i was just saying "IF" it were me...i know it's not up to me nor do i have say what so ever in relation to this emu and yes the 2.71 downgrader is great cuz it means the homebrew scene grew ALOT more since people can now play h/b on their newly 2.71(non-TA-082)>1.5 downgraded PSPs(which means more devs working on unimagineable emus for the psp)...just saying we waited a month and they haven't got anything done for us for this emu, StrmnNrmn had 3 releases in 2 days when Daedalus was first released and yes i know his was a port and blah blah blah but this is the work by PMF and i heard it was nearly done so what is the big hold up...i just want to know the details, is that the same as demanding this emu or telling them when to release it, i was just suggesting that they did to shut some people up about it being fake(i mean it's ur choice i can give 2 sh!ts about what u believe or not)...i think it's real cuz of the people behind it and their reputation to the psp scene, $n!pR's got a point on that...but it just seems that their announcing this emu was sloppy and unthought out

AtariFreek
September 2nd, 2006, 21:25
Anger You Make Me Angry. Actually It's Said That Yoshi WAS Helping WAb Develop A Downgrader, MPH Just Beat Them To The Punch. Yoshi Has Released Other Apps, The 2.71 Downgrader He Helped With, I Beleive A Sega Master System Emu Was made By Him. Just Because Of A Few Accusations (NOT TRUE) We Shouldn't Label Him As That Next PSdonkey.

DPyro
September 2nd, 2006, 21:30
If they hadnt let people know about them working on this, we'd still have another thread with people asking why no ones made/making a PS1 emu. Be happy that somethings being worked on and that we know about it. There will be updates on it, but coding a PS1 emu takes time so please be patient

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 21:38
If they hadnt let people know about them working on this, we'd still have another thread with people asking why no ones made/making a PS1 emu. Be happy that somethings being worked on and that we know about it. There will be updates on it, but coding a PS1 emu takes time so please be patient
ok THAT'S a good point...i never thought of it that way :cool:, sorry guys :o

aries2k4
September 2nd, 2006, 22:09

Well I for one am very happy to hear news of any kind.
Damn if I knew Dark Alex was supposed to have been working on it, I would have never doubted:D

Isulduir
September 2nd, 2006, 22:24
What about porting an already existing ps1 emulator to the psp? Like Bleem or Connetix VGS?

Veskgar
September 2nd, 2006, 22:44
Well this did not get released when it was rumored to be but we did get gpSP out of nowhere from Exophase and that will keep me very happy for a LONG time.

It has been confirmed by SONY officials that PS1 emulation on the PSP is definitely technically possible so I gather it will only be a matter of time.

gamesquest1
September 2nd, 2006, 22:53
wernt the last release videos in fullscreen, why the sudden change....well once a POC or a preview is released i wont concider this a emulator more of a rumour

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 23:54
i almost shat myself looking at the pick, i can't wait for this

pkmaximum
September 2nd, 2006, 23:59
why do some people still not believe this is real???

stubborness killed the shark…

I will tell you how Acrodian, there is no evidence in these pictures. We all know from the past that pictures mean nothing.

Understand people I'm not calling this emulator fake, but this screams hoax, just as bad as any other hoax does. We have all been put down in the past on these things, I don't think things like this should be on the front page of dcemu for the sake that it usually turns out fake in the end anyway. (Rember the hard coded FFVII psx emulator, that didn't go by so well did it =[ )

aries2k4
September 3rd, 2006, 00:01
I agree with blazed247 on a point though. the 1st anouncement of this emu, we got some pretty amazing specifications. I mean the 50 fps, and all. That was big hype.
Thats why I like any news, just to show they are still working on it. I do beleive this emu is being worked on, I just think it´s got a ways to go.
No demands, just anxiously waiting.

kidSN
September 3rd, 2006, 00:06
50fps! full blast playing rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools..i seriously cant wait to play rival schools again :D ..wat about multiplayer..Hmm..

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 00:07
wow, 50fps...just amazing

Anger
September 3rd, 2006, 00:14
I will tell you how Acrodian, there is no evidence in these pictures. We all know from the past that pictures mean nothing.

Understand people I'm not calling this emulator fake, but this screams hoax, just as bad as any other hoax does. We have all been put down in the past on these things, I don't think things like this should be on the front page of dcemu for the sake that it usually turns out fake in the end anyway. (Rember the hard coded FFVII psx emulator, that didn't go by so well did it =[ )

this man says it in a better way - we have all been hoaxed before.
also if i make people angry feel free to ignore my posts - no reason for a childish fight on an internet forum dont you think?

JD/
September 3rd, 2006, 02:01
Well I for one am very happy to hear news of any kind.
Damn if I knew Dark Alex was supposed to have been working on it, I would have never doubted:D
I agree with that any kind of news and rumours are welcome to me atleast. Dcemu dont post rumours unless theyve researched them and they have some truth behind them this is a news forum after all were supposed to hear about rumours and stuff.

PS: in the first pic you can see the memory stick flashing that only happens for like a split second when viewing pics so its more proof that this is real unless they purposely took the picture the split second it flashed which i find hard to believe.

dagger89
September 3rd, 2006, 02:24
and still doubting... hell i can photoshop sum ps2 pics and make it look like im playing a PS2 emulator!!! Pictures mean sht to me, the psp scene has been filled with fakers, and unfilled promises, especially in the field of emulators. What makes this one different than PSXXX?... Nothing... Pics and videos can easily be manipulated to alter our views....

smith1
September 3rd, 2006, 02:32
50fps! full blast playing rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools rival schools..i seriously cant wait to play rival schools again :D ..wat about multiplayer..Hmm..Er, it's not 50fps yet. Not by a long shot.

gunntims0103
September 3rd, 2006, 02:32
wow im impressed a ps1 emu in the works for the psp thats great..........thou it does look a bit fishy but hey if n64 is on the psp i have no dout that the ps1 can be emulated on the psp as well.........(even thou the emu spec's i guess differ in very big ways......... i could be wrong) but we should all be patient we all will have a ps1 emu on our psp one way or another (by sony them selves or by our very own coders)..........well i hope that the coders get hard to work on this and have something out maybe by the next month or so (dout it???) but hey if someone is even attempting to make a ps1 emu for the psp im all for it........(and to think that bac when homebrew sites first started out they said "a ps1 and n64 emu will never be possible on the psp" heck they even said "downgrading is impossible") well look were we are now..........well ima catch up on sum star wars.............................

Tinnus
September 3rd, 2006, 02:49
People, really, you shouldn't be worrying about analogs and shoulder buttons, that's the little problem. You should be worried about SPEED.

Heck, I play PS1 in my Palm LifeDrive with that game-terrible button design and missing ALL FOUR shoulder buttons.

Also notice that if they didn't report any FPS on commercial 3D games, it probably is too low and people would start to complain.

I know from experience that getting simple 2D games fullspeed is easy, let alone the homebrews shown earlier. For instance, in psx4palm, in my LifeDrive, I have the space-shooting thing from ridge racer running fullspeed at 500MHz, with PalmOS in the BG.

What about porting an already existing ps1 emulator to the psp? Like Bleem or Connetix VGS?
1) You need SOURCE CODE to port soemthing.

2) Bleem and VGS were CLOSED source.

3) They are indeed porting from PCSX.

PS: in the first pic you can see the memory stick flashing that only happens for like a split second when viewing pics so its more proof that this is real unless they purposely took the picture the split second it flashed which i find hard to believe.
I don't think the stick should be accessed at that point (title screen). Unless they're streaming CD audio or any kind of audio stream.

DPyro
September 3rd, 2006, 02:52

Ok pkmaximum, answer me this. Why would they fake a PS1 emulator when they've made a good name for themselves from their past work? I mean seriously, gimme a good answer to that question please...

dagger89
September 3rd, 2006, 02:57
Cuz Team Wab just screams "good name"....

DPyro
September 3rd, 2006, 03:01
Yoshihiro was the only one who could code from team wab....and this is a new team with other good coders as well.

EDIT: I should say anything USEFUL ;)

RetroGoth
September 3rd, 2006, 03:08
nice work in progress...

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 03:08
Also notice that if they didn't report any FPS on commercial 3D games, it probably is too low and people would start to complain.
well i for one wouldn't be complaining cuz then we would all have solid proof of this emu, also low fps are expected(well by me atleast) since it's gunna be a first release...and anyone who complains about low fps on a first release is a dumb@$$ who should know it will only get better

razorak
September 3rd, 2006, 03:10
aww man...nothing about 2.X support =(

Tinnus
September 3rd, 2006, 03:10
The problem is that the PSP scene is full of "dumb@$$"es who would say that. Can't rely on the bulk of PSP users to give you constructive support.

dagger89
September 3rd, 2006, 03:13
Hey, im not saying it isn't possible, but do any of you remember Yoshi's promise for 9/1/2005???? The day of Euro psp launch. O right, he BS'ed and promised a 1.52 downgrader... right... seems suspucious to me

ACID
September 3rd, 2006, 03:37
Hmmm

Dude shoshihiro thoes the name ring a bell great coder his not fake but the real deal.

pkmaximum
September 3rd, 2006, 03:45
Ok pkmaximum, answer me this. Why would they fake a PS1 emulator when they've made a good name for themselves from their past work? I mean seriously, gimme a good answer to that question please...

Well apparently Zombi146 had no problem with it (yes I know nobody actually knows about his GBA emulator that supposely he made) And once again Snipr I don't care how much past work the peson really did. I read Dark_Alex's home page and everything and he didn't say anything about a psx emulator, and yoroshio. I remember his flipping out at the MPH team saying they stole his work. So there is really no guarentee on what is going on. I have absolutley no problem with waiting. Its being told to wait is the problem. If there was even a simple proof of concept, I would w8 2 years without caring for 8 fps on tekken. But there is no proof of this emulator. all I have been seeing is a video and a screen shot. wich in the end are no more real then any other hoax that are done on the PSP. And yes I'll say it again and again, I don't have my heart towards fake. I'm saying this doesn't say real any more than any other hoax. And I don't recognize Yorohio making anything really but a dam firmware spoofer. Like who gives a crap about that, after all not much code is involved to make something like that.

Also Snipr I get the feeling you think there is some kind of bad blood between us. I have no disrespect for you in any way. But like everybody else in the forums. Your word means no more to me than anybody else. And it also means no less. I do hope this is real, its not like I'm going around praying "man I hope this psx emulator doesn't exsist otherwise I'll look bad" No I hope this emulator makes me believe that coders will delay there work and still release their projects. Lets just be patient I guess, but I mean they make dates and brake them. I wish they would make a set in stone date to release a binary and no exceptions though.

Adamuko
September 3rd, 2006, 03:54
The problem is that the PSP scene is full of "dumb@$$"es who would say that. Can't rely on the bulk of PSP users to give you constructive support.

QFT

Fake until it's released. There is no reason to treat this differently than any other rumor.

ACID
September 3rd, 2006, 03:56
QFT

Fake until it's released. There is no reason to treat this differently than any other rumor.
Yes there is others where rumors this is a reall scene coder who isnt full of S****:eek:

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 04:42
Jesus guys. Again it's real. I was even talking to yoshi about it today and seeing if there was a few things I could help him figure out. F**k.

Emu not out still since it's still not ready.

Datre32
September 3rd, 2006, 04:43
listen, not all projects are done the way strumm does it, with weekly reports or to an extreme, like psx4gp2x lol.

Just because there is no news, doesnt mean its not there, a lot of times what happens with frequent reports people just do the "wow your awesom" "this is godly" ect. Very little can be constructive as tinnus put it. ESPECIALLY from the psp scene >.> . I like to follow emulation for the pc and have since before psx emulation for pc, and if you compare the user posts from this place to the ones for pcsx 2 at ngemu, the user lvl difference is huge. :rolleyes:

razorak
September 3rd, 2006, 05:01
jeesh...start looking on the bright side of life already guys...no point spending time thinking if it is real or fake. SO wad if it's real? SO wad if it's fake? If it's real, good for us all. If it's fake(and the possibility of this is extremely low in my opinion), it'll fall under the see-i-told-u-so category.

nyrtrublue
September 3rd, 2006, 06:14
Hmmm

Look at who is developing it, theres nothing fishy about it.

Im glad to see a wip update even though idk what wip stands for

pkmaximum
September 3rd, 2006, 06:20
Its funny how I recall 1/2 of you saying "I'll believe it once its on my memory cards" Now you all claim you are a fool if you don't believe its real, because a WIP with screen shots was released. Like geez..... PSmonkey I do support you and I really hope this is real after all. Because I definently wouldn't mind having a PSX emulator. But I try to treath things like this a rumour/hoax until they are released.

dj2005
September 3rd, 2006, 06:44
Look at who is developing it, theres nothing fishy about it.

Im glad to see a wip update even though idk what wip stands for
WIP = Work In Progress

titch.ryan
September 3rd, 2006, 08:28
droooooool psx on psp

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 12:22
stubborness killed the…skunk

S34MU5
September 3rd, 2006, 12:59
wat a beast riiiiiidge racccer
cant wait for g police or c&c
or ff7&8
muhahahaha

dejkirkby
September 3rd, 2006, 13:20
Carry on the great work guys, and release this emu when you see fit. These ungrateful b***hes will just have to wait with the rest of us grateful followers. Either that, or compile their own PS1 emu code. I swear down, these people p*ss me off. They get something free and still want more. And if it is a hoax (which I very much doubt) then so what? Upgrade if you're that desperate and get the Official PS1 emu when it comes out. It's whining and moaning that makes coders think "F**K It"

NJisMYhome
September 3rd, 2006, 14:33
i really hope this is real, i already downloaded chrono cross, and im still downloading final fantasy 7, after that im gonna download ff8

jak66
September 3rd, 2006, 14:35
o dear, expect a warning (or a ban) for saying stuff like that

publicprivates
September 3rd, 2006, 14:58
why?? :(

jak66
September 3rd, 2006, 15:00
downloading iso's off the internet is illegal so talking about it here (legal site) could get you banned (depends on the mod that spots this first and what mood their in)

publicprivates
September 3rd, 2006, 15:03
not honestly. People talk about download roms all the time.

psiko_scweek
September 3rd, 2006, 15:11
gah, get off that rom/iso talk...its gonna get off topic. if you want to talk about that, create a thread called 'iso/rom talk' lol.

eitherway, back on topic, is this emulator being built on PacManFan's work?

publicprivates
September 3rd, 2006, 15:15
i think they said that they were builiding p from his work.

_JC_
September 3rd, 2006, 15:29
Thx, I want yo play castlevania and metal gear :D

mr_nick666
September 3rd, 2006, 16:52
I remain skeptical but keen! :eek: Soul Reaver on my PSP :rolleyes:

JD/
September 3rd, 2006, 17:48
Carry on the great work guys, and release this emu when you see fit. These ungrateful b***hes will just have to wait with the rest of us grateful followers. Either that, or compile their own PS1 emu code. I swear down, these people p*ss me off. They get something free and still want more. And if it is a hoax (which I very much doubt) then so what? Upgrade if you're that desperate and get the Official PS1 emu when it comes out. It's whining and moaning that makes coders think "F**K It"
I feel the same way i hate it when people think about it like guilty until proven innocent

tsurumaru
September 3rd, 2006, 17:53

Well they are not meant to, occasionally people discuss Rom's and Iso's that they we assume they have dumped/ripped from their own legal copies of the games.

Active discussion of how to download ISO's and Rom's is usually punished.

You follow me?

Back to the discussion in hand.

publicprivates
September 3rd, 2006, 18:37
thanks for putting this off topic.

pkmaximum
September 3rd, 2006, 19:57
Well download discussion on roms is not permitted here, but when it comes down to it, as long as you don't give links I don't think its something that we all have to jump on the guy for.

And to get back on topic, did the coder behind this even give a date on when he is going to release his work?

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 20:04
@pkmaximum: i don't think so, there was a "rumor" that it might be released today(Sun.)...i also heard that it might be a couple of more weeks, so i'm going to wait the 2 weeks and see...if it comes out sooner than later great, i just hope(and i'm not saying i think it's fake, i just hope we all don't get put down like we have in the past) it's not a hoax, cuz that would suck

Veskgar
September 4th, 2006, 01:41

Amen to that! All these people using Neo Geo CD, Genesis, SNES, & GBA EMU's among others dumped all of their OWN games? Lets get real.

What about downloading games you already own? I own a lot of PS1 games but I have been to lazy to learn how to turn those games into ISO's so I have downloaded some. So lets all just say we are downloading games we already OWN to avoid an controversy.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 02:49
Amen to that! All these people using Neo Geo CD, Genesis, SNES, & GBA EMU's among others dumped all of their OWN games? Lets get real.

What about downloading games you already own? I own a lot of PS1 games but I have been to lazy to learn how to turn those games into ISO's so I have downloaded some. So lets all just say we are downloading games we already OWN to avoid an controversy.
i think it needs to be ripped from ur own game, but i could be wrong...i don't know much about ripping and such nor the exact laws so...yeh :)

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 03:36
Well I believe downloading roms is also permitted I could be wrong, but if you delete it within 24 hours on your computer.

Also ps.... I know this is off topic but I thought this was too kool to pass up. New super smash brothers flash game via:

www.newgrounds.com

Now if this could be ported to the PSP that would be insane =D

publicprivates
September 4th, 2006, 03:42
no way dude, the flash is way too big. The psp flash player barely plays 357kb files right.

Tinnus
September 4th, 2006, 03:43
That 24 hours law doesn't exist, it was completely made up as an excuse for ROM sites to exist.

YOu're also NOT permitted to get ROMs or ISOs or any copyrighted material form ANYWHERE, EVEN if you own it, ONLY do copies from YOUR own and for YOUR own personal use.

I'm not saying everyone does that, but let's not start to say who does and who doesn't to avoid problems for DCEmu.

(since technically you could end up in jail from saying stuff like that :p)

edit: oh yeah, and it's usually a lot faster to rip your CDs than to download them.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 03:45
Well I believe downloading roms is also permitted I could be wrong, but if you delete it within 24 hours on your computer.

Also ps.... I know this is off topic but I thought this was too kool to pass up. New super smash brothers flash game via:

www.newgrounds.com

Now if this could be ported to the PSP that would be insane =D
i was thinking that too, we got that over at Simplegamings

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 03:49
Man its too bad I had doubts that the PSP would handle it, it would have to be coded from scratch from pure C++ language and compiled to a elf (eboot.pbp) to have any chance for the optomization of it to run fast enough -_-. But still isn't the game kool =D

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 07:22
Yoshihiro= lies and bullcrap. I will never trust him... ever. Him and PSdonkey can have a failed promises party together. I have been in this scene for about a year, and can tell you that when ever yoshihiro gets involved it justs leads to pointless arguing, debates, and false accusations. I am not going to belive this emulator is real until it is released.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 07:27
Man its too bad I had doubts that the PSP would handle it, it would have to be coded from scratch from pure C++ language and compiled to a elf (eboot.pbp) to have any chance for the optomization of it to run fast enough -_-. But still isn't the game kool =D
yeh the game is wayyyyyyy better than SmashGPsp

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 07:31
@Cooe14

The Downgrader for v2.5 and v2.6 PSP Consoles by Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, and Yoshihiro has been updated to a Final working version. Remember that unless you know and are confident of what you are doing then do not use this downgrader,

2.71 Downdater by Dark_AleX/Mathieulh/Yoshi

This software is free, unlicensed and comes with no warranty. Despite it has been tested and it has worked, a program that rewrites a big part of the flash(flash0) is always dangerous. You are the only responsable of whatever happens to your psp using this unlicensed program.

This program requires that someone with a 1.50 runs a little program and send you the output so
you can init the downdate process. (by legal reasons i cannot provide those files directly, that's why this is needed).
The 1.50 program is TOTALLY safe, it only dumps the flash of a 1.50 user and it also extracts some special prx's found in the 1.50 updater.

The downdater directory outputted is exactly the same than the created by the 2.60/2.50 downdater.

IMPORTANT NOTE: TA-082 users, this doesn't work on these psp's. DO NOT RUN IT.

look at the words in bold

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 07:33
@Cooe14

look at the words in bold
But for ever release he works on he has 10 fake ones. And don't even get me started on the huge flame wars Yoshirio started against MPH during the 2.00 downgrader days.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 07:34
i think Cooe14 knows Yoshi worked on those downgraders, and i don't think he cares...he's just saying that whenever Yoshi is working on something, some sort of drama comes from it

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 07:36
at least he has done something, and in this case something big, surely he has contributed in one way or another.

and i dun think it is fair to stereotype that with his mere existence in the team that this emu is fake.

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 07:39
and i dun think it is fair to stereotype that with his mere existence in the team that this emu is fake.
I am not saying it's fake, I am just saying that I won't belive it's real until it is released due to yoshirio's HORRIBLE past record of fake releases and promises.

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 07:40
All the nay-sayers will stfu when the emu is released. Sigh, if only there was a way to stop people who slate the coders from d/ling the emu when it's released as sort of a punishment.

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 07:44
I won't belive it's real until it is released due to yoshirio's HORRIBLE past record of fake releases and promises.

does this mean u're not believeing it's real because of yoshiro's participation? Even with back up from PSMonkey?

Edit:judging by the post below mine i suppose the answer is that u will not believe cos of yoshiro.
Some ppl just dun give others a chance to change...sigh...

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 07:44
All the nay-sayers will stfu when the emu is released. Sigh, if only there was a way to stop people who slate the coders from d/ling the emu when it's released as sort of a punishment.
If you knew the damage yoshiro has caused the scene you wouldn't trust him on a moments notice either.

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 07:56
If you knew the damage yoshiro has caused the scene you wouldn't trust him on a moments notice either.Damage? Has he broke your PSP? So, a homebrew he promised didn't come out, or he started a flame war, or whatever reason. Big Whoopee!! At the end of the day, he's is a member of a team pushing the envolope of PSP homebrew. Give him props for that.
You're seriously not telling me you've never said you'll do something and not done it or you've never had an arguement. Personally, if I was you when the PSXP emu is released, don't download it. That would show him wouldn't it (Sarcasm alert!)

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 07:58
have you heard of giving people a second chance :)

donne
September 4th, 2006, 08:51
Perhaps, it's hard to ask a forgiveness, but it's harder to get a forgetness.. But people makes mistakes. Shit happens.. It's just plain sucks not getting a second chance, especially if you've been trying so hard to make it up.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 09:01
how will that solve anything, that would just cuz more problems as people who didn't have it would still think it was fake

also i personally don't care about the past with Yoshi(in my eyes he has earn my trust back but it was mostly the team he was working with that made him look as bad as he did), but we all have been fuct over before by fake emus so i wouldn't blame people for having doubts

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 16:05
Cooe14 is right though if you guys have been into the scene as long as we have, you would know how depressing the days of the downgrader were for the PSP. As it was probaly one of the most dramatic days ever. Also I don't have faith in Yoshi iether, because he did fake a lot of stuff and just flamed the MPH team accusing them of stealing his work. So I don't really care if you guys feel different and you forgive him blah blah blah.....

I'll say this much if he releases this emulator it will certainly be a great way to redeem himself in my eyes.

Alucard
September 4th, 2006, 16:09
You know what, I no longer have a problem with Yoshi. I have said this 1,000 times. I just don't think announcing an emulator before it is ready is a smart thing to do.

It leads to too many pointless threads where people complain one way or another. That is where the harm comes in for the scene, I believe.

I really just can't understand what the benifit is of announcing a emu that is months away. If it is that Devs could help each other in the completion of the emu, then there are dev specific sites for that.

Unfortunately announcing things before they were completed has been Yoshi MO since the begining. That is the only thing he should do differently. I think if he did that differently then a lot of people would respect him a lot more then they already do.

But people need to realize he has also contributed to the scene as well. He is the PSP's tragic hero.

NJisMYhome
September 4th, 2006, 16:22
i cant wait!!!!!!!!1

Tinnus
September 4th, 2006, 18:02
I really just can't understand what the benifit is of announcing a emu that is months away.
Drawing attention :rolleyes:

Creating hype.

It's fun to "see the show unroll" :p

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 18:43
$n!pR had a good reason why they announced it, so we didn't have a bunch of "Why don't we have a PS1 emu for PSP?" threads, plus it is better than nothing....and to me Yoshi is working with trusted people now who trust him and he's helped with 2 major downgraders so how has he not redeemed himself already? not to mention that Yoshi/MPH thing was how long ago? like a year(maybe a little more)

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 19:45
I am not going to debate this anymore. I don't trust yoshi and that's that.

DPyro
September 4th, 2006, 19:46
Why?

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 19:49
then Cooe14, do u trust Dark_Alex? cuz i believe he's working on this emu as well, correct me if i'm wrong $n!pR

Accordion
September 4th, 2006, 20:04
Cooe14 is right though if you guys have been into the scene as long as we have, you would know how depressing the days of the downgrader were for the PSP. As it was probaly one of the most dramatic days ever.

well i have been in the "scene" since before the 2.00 downgrader, and i didnt have a problem with yoshi or anyone else, it seems very noobish to send things so out of proportion.…if you dislike this news so much simply ignore it… quite easy

QueadlunnRau
September 5th, 2006, 21:08
Cooe14,

Yoshi worked on the 2.0 downgrader, does it work? YES!

Yoshi worked on the 2.5/2.6 downgrader, does it work? YES!

Yoshi worked on the 2.71 downgrader, does it work? YES!

All of these downgraders have opened the Homebrew scene to hundreds if not thousands of PSP users world wide. So what if some drama came out while they were in development? THEY WORK AND WE ARE DAMN HAPPY ABOUT IT.

Yosh keep up your hard work, I have faith a test version will come out soon to keep the nay sayers happy ... then again some of them will prolly still complain for no other reason then just because they can. Damn I thought we were here to support all the coders out thier, not shoot them down? I mean seriously Yoshi has worked on stuff in the past that WORK GREAT and even REVOLUTIONIZED the PSP homebrew scene.

Anger
September 5th, 2006, 22:33
umm i think your facts are a bit wrong - he tried to steal the work of mph for the first working downgrader. he did in the end help a bit giving mph a bit of advice but he didnt make it like he had claimed. add that to the fact that the wab downgrader was completly fake and he was invloved in that also...well i dont fully trust him - he can code we already know this but im not 100% sure i will trust his word after the wab buisness.
the 2.5 2.71 downgraders i dont know if he had any hand in that.
as for this program - yeah i believe now that it exists as stated however i also think it is nowhere near ready. also he shouldnt have said 'ill release info at (insert date/time here)' because thats exactly what he did with the wab buisness.

Accordion
September 5th, 2006, 22:36
lots of people are taking this way too seriously…

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 22:54
Ummm how do you not expect us to take this seriously, someone comes out and says there is a PSX emulator, and you expect people to be quiet. A simple proof of concept would be nice, but no that can't even be done. I bet you after all of this they are just going to tweak pac man fan's version and releases it like that and saying they are taking a break or something. Really people want answers or proof not a video wich has been hoaxed beofre of past experiences everyone should know what. And for the record I don't trust Yoshi iether and THATS THAT!

Shiesty
September 5th, 2006, 23:31
obviously people are trying to make a ps1 emulator for psp

they just havent got it right yet

have patience and stfu about your speculations

homemade
September 6th, 2006, 00:58
I mean really now am sure games are not THAT important to u guys, i mean like every psxp thread i go through like 80% of it is real and fake arguements(not that i'm really expecting anything else anyways lol). I mean yea i can c if u get a little upset over the delayed release but geez i'm sure u guys have tons of games on your memory stick 2 play 2 while u wait instead of wasting time and fingertip power(lol) typing garrbage cause i'm pretty sure people dont come on forums 2 read garrbage( correct me if i'm wrong).So just chill and wait on the thing cause weather it's real or fake it's not like your losing something.

publicprivates
September 6th, 2006, 02:37
i will eat another human being if this is fake. I will. No i wont. I will eat a cat.

pibs
September 17th, 2006, 09:39
Na its not fake..... i saw wraggster's post at the original website lol

Anonymous said...

Hi its wraggster of PSP News here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk

posted the news of your emu, good work and we cant wait to see a release :)

8:37 AM

i dont know why he didn't post this pic
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4169/3283/1600/ffvii.jpg

kersplatty
September 17th, 2006, 09:48
that ones a diff one this one is made by some french and well known coders

aries2k4
September 24th, 2006, 01:05
Well, after our long wait it seems tomorrow is the day.
8.00 pm french time we get our alpha release. don´t expect miracles, but at least i´m finally going to be able to see something other than a video. this will also prove it was not vaporware.
Yes, finally.....can´t wait to check it out.

Freshmilk
September 24th, 2006, 01:33
call me sad, but i want to play spyro the dragon on the PSXP emulatro - im 14, damnit!

(As you guessed i also like pokemon and DBZ)

cloud_952
September 24th, 2006, 02:11
.. uh-huh.

And this is the second time they've promised us a release. ^_^; I'm doubtful.

pkmaximum
September 24th, 2006, 02:12
LOL this is so hillarious don't count on it =P

I doubt any release is going to happen ie: "September 1st" =O

DPyro
September 24th, 2006, 02:52
Last time wasnt a promised release, he was being optimistic. If you want to comment more on this use the new news thread.