PDA

View Full Version : I want a PSone emulator

VampDude
September 2nd, 2006, 19:33
does anyone know where I can get one thats fully functional? with no missing required files

muffinman
September 2nd, 2006, 19:41
they dont exsist for download at this time.

you'll have to wait like the rest of us.

donne
September 2nd, 2006, 19:58
I wonder what you mean by with no missing required files since we're here don't have any files.. :D

Is that Outrun 2006 any good, btw ?

splodger15
September 2nd, 2006, 19:59
patience it will be hear in time

VampDude
September 2nd, 2006, 21:12
doone,

what I mean by no missing files is that there's a demo version of a PSone emulator called "PSPSOne" which is missing a very crucial file "scph1001.bin"
you can get the demo/unfinished version of PSPSone at http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSPSOne-Demo-Test-Release/pg/49/aid/6720

and to your question: yeah Outrun2006 is quite good, not the best racing game on psp but it's a remastered classic so worth a play

BL4Z3D247
September 2nd, 2006, 21:18
yeh thats PacManFan's emu i forgot where i got the bios from and i have a new computer now so wouldn't beable to help, google it and put the exact file name + .rar and hit the I'm feeling lucky button thats how i found it

DefaultGen
September 2nd, 2006, 23:24
We cant link you to a PS1 BIOS, which seems to be what you are asking.

Tinnus
September 3rd, 2006, 02:57
The emulator can't included the BIOS file because it's copyrighted by Sony. Either you dump it from your PS1, or whatever, it's up to you and your legal sense :rolleyes:

Some emulators try to emulate the BIOS but they don't do it very well (the PS1 ones that is).

PSPdemon
September 3rd, 2006, 03:15
Also...

that demo is pretty old....

PSPSOne Demo Test Release
Posted Jul 18, 2005 at 11:17AM

just wait like us........trust me...i got FF7 and wouldnt mind to play it on my psp one day.....

razorak
September 3rd, 2006, 03:18
Patience is the key =)
loads of people out here are waiting for it too and i'm always crossing my fingers for 2.X support >.<

VampDude
September 3rd, 2006, 22:26
We cant link you to a PS1 BIOS, which seems to be what you are asking.

was'nt asking for the ps1 bios, just an emulator that included it... I now have the scph1001.bin file anyway, which im not stating as to where I got it and who from!

Tinnus
September 3rd, 2006, 23:11
Well I just said previously why emulators can't include it ;)

VampDude
September 4th, 2006, 00:44
The emulator can't included the BIOS file because it's copyrighted by Sony. Either you dump it from your PS1, or whatever, it's up to you and your legal sense :rolleyes:

Some emulators try to emulate the BIOS but they don't do it very well (the PS1 ones that is).

Well I just said previously why emulators can't include it ;)

indeed you did!

donne
September 4th, 2006, 00:57
Intresting.. So there WAS a PSone emu before those french guys ? I'm going to check the demo but why it's relatively unheard (at least no one but you brought it this past two months) and people are eagering to wait for those french guys' ? Why it's stopped if it's only missing some files ? Did Sony put a reward on the coders head ? :D

jak66
September 4th, 2006, 07:34
well, PacManFan just stopped developing the emulator for no apparent reason, and from what i can gather its really slow (like 1fps, or less)

is it ok for this to be in vamps sig

games:

DynastyWarriors
GrandTheftAuto: LibertyCityStories
GripShift
LocoRoco
NeedForSpeed UndergroundRivals
RidgeRacer
(no outrun up here)

currently playing:

Outrun2006 Coast2Coast (iso)

VampDude
September 5th, 2006, 00:35
is it ok for this to be in vamps sig

games:

DynastyWarriors
GrandTheftAuto: LibertyCityStories
GripShift
LocoRoco
NeedForSpeed UndergroundRivals
RidgeRacer
(no outrun up here)

currently playing:

Outrun2006 Coast2Coast (iso)

yeah, it's ok for that to be in my sig cause I own all the games "except" outrun2006 (which is why it's not up there with the rest)

as for the PSPSone emulator...

I cant seem to make ends with it, it wont load even thou I put the bios files in the bios folder...

...it's a pile of bullcr@p, they should've finished what they started and completed it!