PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 05:44
Sorry to do this to you all but it is the end for PSmonkey.

As of last monday I started my new job at a big name publisher/developer to work on psp games. Sadly due to my contract I no longer can continue to do homebrew development (well atleast cant release it). It's a sad thing for my scene work but the best move I can make for my self comercialy (since my previous company was going no where and I was sick and tired of coding DS games based on a stupid license).

Yet there is no reason to be sad or angry. My work will continue on though other coders. I already have some coders who wish to continue two of my main projects.

Yes Iris 0.3 is still comming. I have a few people interested in redoing the game like I inteded as well as coninue to progress KohKae engine.

Sandbox is also not going anywhere. One of this scene's great coders is going to pick up where I left off to continue the game.

Regarding my other projects, I personaly will continue my fight to conker N64 & DD emulation on the PSP. M64 will still continue but no releases will be made public. I will how ever make my DD research public once finished.

ngPsp 1.3 ( the neogeo pocket emu) is still comming, A friend is gonna finish writing a GUI for my latest version.

Other then that, sadly all my other work is now dead (new fps will migrate into Iris 0.3, beat-em-up is dead).

That's it.

I will still lurk around and try to help people out with technical info but it will be sad to no longer work on homebrew for the scene I loved so much. Yet who knows what the future will bring and maybe I will end up being in a position that it's legaly posible for me to do homebrew again.

- Goodbye -
PS, sorry that I used will and grace image below. It's the only bow I could find close to what I wanted.

kando
September 3rd, 2006, 05:45
/bows to a legend.

good luck ^_^

Video_freak
September 3rd, 2006, 05:47
Good luck with your new job! It won't be the same without you.... (tell us which games your making, and make sure you add exploits ;)).

skater9269
September 3rd, 2006, 05:48
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! no not monkey noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This is terrible news. Well hope the best for you monkey good bye.

kando
September 3rd, 2006, 05:49
(tell us which games your making, and make sure you add exploits ;)).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Man
September 3rd, 2006, 06:15
I loved what you did for the scene monkey, and hope that your new job goes well, Good luck!

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 06:47
so hold on...no public release of M64 at all or is it gunna be released by somebody else? cuz that emu i was looking forward to(in the long run)

shiveringblade
September 3rd, 2006, 07:02
NOOOOOO......!

This has to be a dream!!!!!! :(

But a guy has to do what he has to do.

Good luck with your new job and be sure to tell us the titles you are going to work on.

V3N0M
September 3rd, 2006, 07:47
Well i think many people (Including me) will miss your releases and your work. But you are still a great coder and i'm sure you will do great things. I've been supporting you since the begining and i will continue to support you to the very end. So long and i hope you do well at your new job. You really are a legend...

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 07:55
good luck monkey, i'll miss ya...glad to see some of ur work being passed on, Iris will be on my MS for a long time :D

PSPKOR
September 3rd, 2006, 11:06
Damn, no more monkey. Good luck with your new job and with your work on DD support. Bye

jasonc
September 3rd, 2006, 11:13
**** no whyyyy psp monkey plzzz dont go NO more iris i fell like dying plzzz waaaaaaaaaaaaa whyuyyyyy iris and all wont be the same plzz dont leave plzzzzzzzz why why why why why hahahahahhaahahahahahhaahah plzz dont goo

jasonc
September 3rd, 2006, 11:18
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

razorak
September 3rd, 2006, 11:19
Have fun with ya new job =)

ENG
September 3rd, 2006, 12:31
Yes, have fun with your new job, you were a god among psp homebrew coders, thank you for everything.

jasonc
September 3rd, 2006, 14:05
:( :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :( :( wwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you were the best out

FrozenIpaq
September 3rd, 2006, 14:57
Wow, a contact stating that you couldn't develop homebrew games anymore for the public - how rude! Well, your N64 emulator opened up many eyes, and attempted to patch up a nice hole in the PSP scene, but as we see today - it helped some people, but some just don't change.

Have fun at your new job, and good luck with any future projects you may pick up.

chaz
September 3rd, 2006, 15:00
Will you still visit us and post every once in a while?

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 15:07
Will you still visit us and post every once in a while?

Yes & also will help to manage the guys on iris (but wont code any).

Kramer
September 3rd, 2006, 15:24
Congrats on your new job.
What a sad way to leave with that shitty place in the neoflash contest.

krazyhonduran
September 3rd, 2006, 16:29
Bananas off to you monkeyboy.
Thanks for letting the other coders open their eyes and see that it can be done.
Monkey64 is a project that I was really looking forward to, so sad it will be no more.
Good luck with your new job and have fun.
I've never thought that my first post was going to be for a goodbye, so sad:( *cries*

TNR360
September 3rd, 2006, 17:04
what about the frst person shooter?

is that history now?

Jonesyxxiv
September 3rd, 2006, 17:22
WE will all miss you. I cant wait to try the commercial games you make. ( hopefully they wont be on to high of a firmware) I also just noticed your just over 1000 posts now. :)

stotheamuel
September 3rd, 2006, 19:43
This is a very sad day for all of us i think we can say, you are definatly among practicaly everyone's favorite coders (My personal favorite:D) . You took on every project (though so many) with ambition. You set the bar higher for coding.. by first showing N64 can be done.. and I do hope M64 can be released some day.. because I know it will be a large success... Monkey 64 will always be on my psp now because of the rarity and the memories..

Iris has definatly the most potential out of anything homebrew i've ever seen.. it's the only origional 3rd person shooter homebrew i know of.. I hope the coders you have for it are even half as great as you :(.... you've delt with more BS than any other coder I know of... the donkey fiasco, flamed over and over for no reason... then being accused (by 1 person pretending to be 30) of stealing code? Puh-lease! My first posts i ever saw were on here... I was a Qj.net viewer... and i downloaded everything from there.. when i saw your news on M64... and then i saw all the flaming (wow even from the begining huh?) I was shocked at how people could disrespect someone legit (already had out neo geo emu) who was coding something so wonderful for free.. then i saw the link to dcemu! I watched your forum every day.. then finaly joined right when donkey started some bs... I've been here ever since:) .

Ps: sandbox kicks ass too!

I was shocked when i went through your forum and saw a goodbye... but atleast your making some Cash-money!... Have fun at your new job.. and hope to read some more posts from the wise monkey coder we all know and love.

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 19:50
Yeah have a great time at work,at least it's something your into:)Great thing your project iris got you a job!

thairacer
September 3rd, 2006, 19:58
and what about this great project "demolishfist" ,
finish ? :mad: very sad........

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2086814179550264329&q=demolish+fist

anyway, bonne chance !! from french PSP supporter !

Jpdeathblade
September 3rd, 2006, 20:19
Monkey =(

Good luck to you in the future (Hey put something in the credits of your first game about the site. =P)

Timale-Kun
September 3rd, 2006, 23:21
So disappoined to hear that, even if this isn't a suprise to me. I wish u good luck for Future dude, and See ya

PSMonkey 4ever^^

starfox5194
September 4th, 2006, 00:34
well... bye we will all miss you good luck with new job...... hint it might be possioble to have mk64 "Leaked" on bittorrent rite plz... bye <----- SEkret message highlight to see

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 01:47
This a sad sad day :(. But as starfox 5194 suggested bittorrent?

stotheamuel
September 4th, 2006, 01:55
No i have a feeling that insted $n!p3r should suddenly get god like coding skills like psmonkey and start releasing homebrew!;) ;)

vertigociel
September 4th, 2006, 04:48
I am very sad to see you leave the scene, as you were one of the most talented developers out there, and you made phenomonal progress on Monkey64 (and really, native emulation is the ONLY way we'll get full speed w/sound, Daedelus will never get there, because it's merely a port) before all the stupid 12-year-old dumbasses opened their mouths to turn your update posts into rivers of flame. By the way, is the Monkey 64 source available? I'm beginning to learn C and C++, and while an emulator is beyond my skill level right now, hopefully within a couple of month's I'll be able to contribute. I'm glad to see you didn't leave because of the abuse (that's what popped to mind when I saw the headline), but because you've found a great oppurtunity to put your hard work to a more immediate end for yourself. I wish you best of luck at your new post.

Crimson_Lotus
September 4th, 2006, 08:55
Code Monkey get up get coffee
Code Monkey go to job
Code Monkey have boring meeting
With boring manager Rob
Rob say Code Monkey very dilligent
But his output stink
His code not “functional” or “elegant”
What do Code Monkey think?
Code Monkey think maybe manager want to write god damned login page himself
Code Monkey not say it out loud
Code Monkey not crazy, just proud

Code Monkey like Fritos
Code Monkey like Tab and Mountain Dew
Code Monkey very simple man
With big warm fuzzy secret heart:
Code Monkey like you

Code Monkey hang around at front desk
Tell you sweater look nice
Code Monkey offer buy you soda
Bring you cup, bring you ice
You say no thank you for the soda cause
Soda make you fat
Anyway you busy with the telephone
No time for chat
Code Monkey have long walk back to cubicle he sit down pretend to work
Code Monkey not thinking so straight
Code Monkey not feeling so great

Code Monkey like Fritos
Code Monkey like you
Code Monkey like you a lot

Code Monkey have every reason
To get out this place
Code Monkey just keep on working
See your soft pretty face
Much rather wake up, eat a coffee cake
Take bath, take nap
This job “fulfilling in creative way”
Such a load of crap
Code Monkey think someday he have everything even pretty girl like you
Code Monkey just waiting for now
Code Monkey say someday, somehow

Code Monkey like Fritos
Code Monkey like you....

Code Monkey like you forever.. :(

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/lyrics/code-monkey

The Hombrew Hunter
September 4th, 2006, 17:12
I'm not a PSP man, but good luck.

You helped code DS games? Neat, I guess.

jasonc
September 4th, 2006, 18:20
wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy

sroon
September 4th, 2006, 22:24
Farewell bro!:(

But i am forever happy with you!:)

( O ) ( O );)

csd-san
September 5th, 2006, 06:34
Congrads on the job, regardless of what it means to the scene. Might I ask, what's the name of said big name publisher/developer?

Billz
September 5th, 2006, 15:19
You were the only reason i got interested in homebrew in the first place. I've never seen such forum intensity as the 24hr , 300+ posts marathons
that split people straight down the middle as to the possibilty of M64 working. It will work someday, we all know that. Sh!t, there was a time when i was checking the Pen everday waiting for more news on monkey 64. Goodluck man !!!

p.s. The Monkey that your girlfiend bought you still cracks me up !!!

jasonc
September 5th, 2006, 15:55
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

skater9269
September 5th, 2006, 20:56
take a good look does your contract limit you from making homebrew games homebrew applications or all of the above as m64 is an app not a game.

Accordion
September 5th, 2006, 21:08
i think the agreement is that
all he makes is owned by the company, so he can produce what he likes, just cannot distribute it himself as the company has the ownership rights…

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 21:42
Anything he codes is property of his company.

skater9269
September 6th, 2006, 02:26
monkey is still online right now and who is gonna take M64 up as monkey can still help others.

itaintmefoo
September 7th, 2006, 03:04
I Love U Monkey Dont Go Plz Dont Go *sobs Uncontrolably*

itaintmefoo
September 7th, 2006, 03:06
*still sobing* i dont give a **** that is was a double post

jasonc
September 8th, 2006, 22:18
lol

BrooksyX
September 8th, 2006, 22:27
lol

what was the point of that.

Skye
September 9th, 2006, 00:15
I thought it had more specifically to do with the fact that you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement if you work with a PSP dev-kit.

Produkt
September 9th, 2006, 03:00
it does... and company contract

disturbed19
September 9th, 2006, 22:05
new m64 emulator out today, check it out http://pspupdates.qj.net/MONKEY-64-ATLANTIS-Droideka-Build-The-New-M64/pg/49/aid/65212

Illegal Machine
September 13th, 2006, 23:36
Thanks for posting my ip address.

Id like to see you try that again

acn010
September 13th, 2006, 23:45
its sad, why now, why the good thing has to go away! :(

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 23:47
its sad, why now, why the good thing has to go away! :(
It's open source though... :)

acn010
September 13th, 2006, 23:50
true, i may work on it once i finish my metroid project and the ds emu

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 23:51
That would be awesome acne! :)

DPyro
September 13th, 2006, 23:52
Thanks for posting my ip address.

Id like to see you try that again
He doesnt have to...your ip is static.

acn010
September 13th, 2006, 23:54
yeah, i can't believe that the gba runs at full speed!, lol
ill work as a tribute for monkey........

NoQuarter
September 13th, 2006, 23:56
Lol

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 23:58
yeah, i can't believe that the gba runs at full speed!, lol
ill work as a tribute for monkey........
That's the spirit! :)

acn010
September 14th, 2006, 00:04
ha ha

Shuin0
September 20th, 2006, 18:16
roflsauce PSMonkey still sucks

joshwa1515
October 12th, 2006, 07:21
PSmonkey you should still continue to work on it and let someone else release it under their name, we'll still know it was you tho !!!!!

DONT DO THIS TOO ME !!!!!!!!

hockey2112
October 12th, 2006, 19:00
PSmonkey you should still continue to work on it and let someone else release it under their name, we'll still know it was you tho !!!!!

DONT DO THIS TOO ME !!!!!!!!

Well golly, if WE would still know it was his work, then wouldn't his new employer know as well? :rolleyes:

It does suck that he had to leave though... but I would have done the same thing!

PSmonkey
October 13th, 2006, 17:02
<(^.^)> I miss my old work.

Not confirmation yet but I might try cooking up something soon. No I will not be doing homebrew again but I am going to post a topic looking for scene coders who would like to work on a large scale project. I will try to help manage and keep the team on track. Hopefuly this can lead to some rather large scale hb games.