PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 05:44
Sorry to do this to you all but it is the end for PSmonkey.

As of last monday I started my new job at a big name publisher/developer to work on psp games. Sadly due to my contract I no longer can continue to do homebrew development (well atleast cant release it). It's a sad thing for my scene work but the best move I can make for my self comercialy (since my previous company was going no where and I was sick and tired of coding DS games based on a stupid license).

Yet there is no reason to be sad or angry. My work will continue on though other coders. I already have some coders who wish to continue two of my main projects.

Yes Iris 0.3 is still comming. I have a few people interested in redoing the game like I inteded as well as coninue to progress KohKae engine.

Sandbox is also not going anywhere. One of this scene's great coders is going to pick up where I left off to continue the game.

Regarding my other projects, I personaly will continue my fight to conker N64 & DD emulation on the PSP. M64 will still continue but no releases will be made public. I will how ever make my DD research public once finished.

ngPsp 1.3 ( the neogeo pocket emu) is still comming, A friend is gonna finish writing a GUI for my latest version.

Other then that, sadly all my other work is now dead (new fps will migrate into Iris 0.3, beat-em-up is dead).

That's it.

I will still lurk around and try to help people out with technical info but it will be sad to no longer work on homebrew for the scene I loved so much. Yet who knows what the future will bring and maybe I will end up being in a position that it's legaly posible for me to do homebrew again.

- Goodbye -
PS, sorry that I used will and grace image below. It's the only bow I could find close to what I wanted.

kando
September 3rd, 2006, 05:45
/bows to a legend.

good luck ^_^

Video_freak
September 3rd, 2006, 05:47
Good luck with your new job! It won't be the same without you.... (tell us which games your making, and make sure you add exploits ;)).

skater9269
September 3rd, 2006, 05:48
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! no not monkey noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This is terrible news. Well hope the best for you monkey good bye.

kando
September 3rd, 2006, 05:49
(tell us which games your making, and make sure you add exploits ;)).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DPyro
September 3rd, 2006, 06:15
We will miss you :(

Shadowblind
September 3rd, 2006, 06:17
Well, good for ya m8, ya got a major game job. Cya round I guess.

Oh, and make sure they have a KH game, will ya?:D

DPyro
September 3rd, 2006, 06:19
Well, good for ya m8, ya got a major game job. Cya round I guess.

Oh, and make sure they have a KH game, will ya?:D
Ya never know, they may just be making one now :cool:

PlagueMusic
September 3rd, 2006, 06:19
a salute you, b/c your coding has surpased homebrew and got you a stable job :D

hopefully you'll still be on our forums

/bow

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 06:21
goodbye, you will be missed by many :(

Veskgar
September 3rd, 2006, 06:21
A new ngPSP EMU is coming? Cool! Its unlikely but I too think it would be great if a future game requiring a much higher firmware could have an "intentional" exploit.

I also thought that PSMonkey basically passed the torch to StrmmnNrmn and his Daedalus N64 EMU project?????

ExcruciationX
September 3rd, 2006, 06:28
WHOA! PSmonkey is quitting?!? Sorry to here that, Dude! DCEmu won't be the same without you, you were actually the one who originally brought me here in the first place! Hopefully, we will still be able to talk.

Best Wishes,

Faith

CalvinDu
September 3rd, 2006, 06:33
Your legacy won't be forgotten.

felonyr301
September 3rd, 2006, 06:44
good luck on your new found job!

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 06:45
Think of the insight's his new job will give him into psp development (official developers tools). While we might not get to see anything from him officially I'm sure his legacy will continue.

salomon st
September 3rd, 2006, 06:46
damn well ur always going to be remembered as the first guy to bring n64 to a handheld

Kaiser
September 3rd, 2006, 07:07
I applaud all that you have accomplished. Your a true legend to both DCemu and the PSP homebrew scene in general. It is sad news that your leaving but it is understandable for the sake of your career. I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers PSMonkey

Just make sure to pop in now and then to check up on us. ;)

Edit: Remember this PSM article?

Kvonx
September 3rd, 2006, 07:09
so long......take care, u will b missed!!!!!!:(

BelmontSlayer
September 3rd, 2006, 07:13
Congrats monkey! Sorry you have to leave, but at least your new job should be cool...Also, when your name is in the credits at the end of a psp game put "PSmonkey" so we know it was you who worked on the game! :P

SnoopKatt
September 3rd, 2006, 07:15
Good luck at your new job :)

Wally
September 3rd, 2006, 07:22
Wow, a true legend gone.

Man, it will never be the same without you in Dcemu. Keep in touch mate!

razorak
September 3rd, 2006, 07:25
good luck with your new job, definitely makes mroe use of ur talent in my opinion though. All the best and thank you for your various contributions to the PSP homebrew scene =)

Mourningstar
September 3rd, 2006, 07:25
Hm......

I knew his N64 emu was going nowhere. :p

So what company is he joining or whatever?

gangsta_psp
September 3rd, 2006, 07:33
Coming from Muhu: oh...my.....god
Its quite sad to see you depart from the homebrew scene, but hey, you got a job and thats sweet!
Speaking on behalf of homebrew community: We wish you luck!

V3N0M
September 3rd, 2006, 07:37
Well i think many people (Including me) will miss your releases and your work. But you are still a great coder and i'm sure you will do great things. I've been supporting you since the begining and i will continue to support you to the very end. So long and i hope you do well at your new job. You really are a legend...

deediare
September 3rd, 2006, 07:53
Hey congrats on the job, man.

A great coder gone...hey you will be missed.

one winged angel
September 3rd, 2006, 07:57
well make at least cool psp games

migsgiz
September 3rd, 2006, 08:05
good luck monky and best wishes
i bow down to u my friend!!!!!!!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 3rd, 2006, 08:12
Good luck for the future and thanks for all the work you have done for the scene...

titch.ryan
September 3rd, 2006, 08:17
good luck

thanks for bringing us amazing homebrew

siulmagic
September 3rd, 2006, 08:25
well mis you man you proved something imposible posible heh no one will forge that,remeber your the legend in this scene ,good luck man

siulmagic
September 3rd, 2006, 08:29
illegal machine stfu you have no iidea of what your talking about i hope you get banned you must be like a 12 year old that expected a full speed n64 emulaor ,well its not gona happen in some time so just shut the hell up how dare you cal liar this legend of psp coder

vladiftodi
September 3rd, 2006, 08:36
man, i realy dont know u sory, i dont have psp yet, but u must never give up, if homebrew is what u want, then u must not be affraid,u may always change ur nickname, as noone will know who made them or smth like that
u must ALWAYS do what u want in ur life!
and u can ALWAYS do what u want in ur life
u just need to want it very very much....
life is beautiful, enjoyable yueah!

ayhoung
September 3rd, 2006, 08:39
make some kick ass commercial games man

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 3rd, 2006, 08:43
Good luck with your new job!!!!!!
and bye bye i will always remember you!!!!!!!!

dOOmy
September 3rd, 2006, 09:01
When you applied for your new job, you shouldnt have put "Psmonkey" on you application, then nobody would have know who you are and you could have kept on making homebrew.

dejkirkby
September 3rd, 2006, 09:16
It was an honour to know you PSmonkey. Au Revoir Bruddah!

Festizzio
September 3rd, 2006, 09:37
Goodbye PSmonkey! You will be missed!! *Salutes*

pspfan
September 3rd, 2006, 09:44
Sad that you're leaving, but I wish you luck.

And Illegal Machine,

1. Maybe the company is one of the smaller ones, not like EA...

2. Maybe he is doing that, but OBVIOUSLY he can't say that...

3. You are obviously oblivious...he did release things, including his N64 emulator, just check his site to see his work, ********.

4. And he was no liar or no thief, where the hell did you get that from?

5. He and StrmnNrmn did share information and helped each other. Also, like I said he DID release his emulator.

6. He's not releasing it as his, he's passing on what he's done and letting the new people who take it over release it...

Festizzio
September 3rd, 2006, 09:47
It's sad to see a troll on such mature forums as these.:(

Predator
September 3rd, 2006, 09:55
Congrats PSmonkey!!
Show them how to make REAL games.
Make sure you tell us what games you make.
Bye.

jak66
September 3rd, 2006, 09:55
Whatever.

I think it's total BS.

1. if he WAS getting a job at "Some company" to make PSP games he's a total liar because he'd say "I got a job at EA games" instead of some nameless company

2. Who cares what contract you sign if you want to code homebrew, make a new Screenname and go to an internet cafe, and use a USB cable to upload the eboot to this or whatever site. yet another "lie" I also doubt ANY game company would write that into a contract considering it's not in their power to

3. I have yet to see this dude actually make anything at all

4. wasnt he a total liar and a thief?

5. NO he didnt pass anything to Stnrmnrnm . that dude actually releases things Monkey only ever talked garbage.

6. CONQUER is spelled as such, and from the way you talk it sounds like you find people with actual talent to DO the work, then you release it as yours. totally homosexual

well your point 3, 4 and 5 are not of PSmonkey, there are more of PSdonkey

pspfan
September 3rd, 2006, 10:02
I really hope he is confusing PSmonkey with PSdonkey...

joshyouwaa
September 3rd, 2006, 10:09
most obviously he is confusing the two

joshyouwaa
September 3rd, 2006, 10:12
psmonkey made his own shit "illegal machine"!!! Duh! if you had been around to see all of his updates and stats on progress you would know that he started from scratch.

splodger15
September 3rd, 2006, 10:26
good luck in your new job

doverkiller
September 3rd, 2006, 10:33
LOL..

"due to my contract I no longer can continue to do homebrew development (well atleast cant release it)"

u gotta be kidding..
I miss honesty here.. :D
no contract can stop you from releasing anything under any name..

but we have to respect your decision,
even if it's a bit weird this way..

thanks for all the great stuff,
all the bests in the future! ;)

PSPKOR
September 3rd, 2006, 10:41
Good luck with all your work and i hope you do well with your support for DD, but why no public release of M64? I would realy like to see that in the future.

joshyouwaa
September 3rd, 2006, 10:46
It's true!! When you recieve the official psp dev kit from sony you can't use it for anything that isn't in contract!! For now, he's gotta look clean- Of course he'll never stop- shortly, he might be more in the homebrew scene than ever before- just not as "psmonkey" get the drift....

StealthCP
September 3rd, 2006, 11:10
Well that's always what you want, isn't it? I knew game developers will suck up homebrew captains before anyone else with less experience. You are now getting payed for it. Be happy about it. You don't have to worry, we will manage to survive without you :D

And well done for the work on Monkey64. Imo you had the heart and all the hard work and I always wished well for the emulator. I suposse you can't tell us who you have gone to work with? That would probably increase sales :D

Masch
September 3rd, 2006, 11:14
Good Bye PSmonkey, and good luck with your new job

mr_nick666
September 3rd, 2006, 11:30
Fare thee well...
You shall be sorely missed :(

robmotty
September 3rd, 2006, 11:31
Its a sad day for the PSP Homebrew community. but all the best to PSPmonkey for the future!

Thanks for some great releases and spuring others on to make great acomplishments now and in the future.

shiftybill
September 3rd, 2006, 11:40
tis' a sad day

all the best in your future endeavours PSmonkey!!

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 12:07

i dont know what to say, first i thought it was a joke…nowit seems like a funeral…

kersplatty
September 3rd, 2006, 12:16
is this some sort of prank you cant leave! what about dd emulation :confused: what about m64 arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek: oh well good luck

ENG
September 3rd, 2006, 12:26
Good Luck with the future PSmonkey, i had a feeling this was coming, will you still visit this site ?
:( :(

P.S : Thank you for all of your hours making excellent homebrew for PSP.

bullhead
September 3rd, 2006, 12:28
Cool! Good luck with the new job. Hope to see you about the forums!

S34MU5
September 3rd, 2006, 12:50
boooooooooo :(:(:(:(:(
sad sad face

assesoffire
September 3rd, 2006, 13:05
good luck in your new job.
dont forget to leak the devkit :D

mcvader
September 3rd, 2006, 13:57
sad news :( for homebrew but think about it, with Psmonkey working on official titles we should actually get some decent official games for the PSP :), Psmonkey has done so much for homebrew in his spare time, just imagine what he could do with the devkit and all the resources a large game company has to offer. I hope theres no legality issues preventing you from letting us know what you're working on. thanks and good luck monkeyman.

fistikuffs
September 3rd, 2006, 14:03
Best I've luck with the job and cheers for all the brew!

Zion
September 3rd, 2006, 14:36
Good luck Monkey! :D

Basil Zero
September 3rd, 2006, 14:43
Goodbye PSMonkey.....

psiko_scweek
September 3rd, 2006, 15:05
wow,

this is depressing!!!

eitherway, have a good time when your working for that company, but dont forget to work on your PSP homebrew (namely Monkey64, we have all seen what happens when you build an emulator from scratch..gpSP) eitherway,

when you switch jobs later, just release them then! lol. we will be waiting.

oh yeah, and those who called him a liar about the inability to release homebrew...that is true. He prolly signed a contract stating that anything he creates (code wise for the PSP prolly) becomes property of the company.

and for legal reasons he wont release em.

pspbeer
September 3rd, 2006, 15:28
Goodluck PSMonkey.

You have bring more enjoyment and changed more people's lives than others could have done in their life time, be proud of your yourself when you look back.

Also thanks to the 2.7.1 downgrade coders, I was able to downgrade successfully to fw1.5 :)

scarph
September 3rd, 2006, 15:41
i just dont understand

what kind of company knows your online name and your real name.

How could they control what you do...tip just dont write homebrew programs at work.

If you do have to go its been a good run, i really do like iris. but continue working, dont let the man hold you down.

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 15:49
If he really wanted to push the limits he could "pass his work off to another coder" but then just have that well known coder announce releases for him while he's doing all the work. I wouldn't risk that though because then you might get fired. Good luck with the game and I hope you're working on Gran Turismo or Metal Gear Solid because then I know they'll be good. :)

Mr.Denny
September 3rd, 2006, 16:09
Good luck PSMonkey, we wish you well. :)

aries2k4
September 3rd, 2006, 16:17
Going to miss you, real sad to see you go. But I´m very happy for your new job. I apreciate everything you did for the homebrew scene.
I wish you the best of Luck.

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 16:22
Congrats on your new job PSmonkey,make lots of money!You will definitly be missed around here.Thanx for all the homebrew you have given us and worked on:)

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 16:23
Whatever.

I think it's total BS.

Well you're wrong.

1. if he WAS getting a job at "Some company" to make PSP games he's a total liar because he'd say "I got a job at EA games" instead of some nameless company

Well industry does not work that way. I dont because even when I worked for a small studio & once mention who I worked for on ign, my company chewed my ass out over that.

Hell I dont see LAC (of dextrose) posting the company he now works at. Yet I do know where he works since we use to work at the same studio last year.

2. Who cares what contract you sign if you want to code homebrew, make a new Screenname and go to an internet cafe, and use a USB cable to upload the eboot to this or whatever site. yet another "lie" I also doubt ANY game company would write that into a contract considering it's not in their power to

Go work for a large company. Go read the "NON COMPEDITIVE CLAUSE" and let me know what you think. Legaly one part states that all work done by me (regardless of on work hours or not) is property of the company. The company knows I am psmonkey because Iris is what got me the job in the first place.

Not my fault you're blind. I've released ngPsp, M64, Iris & Sandbox. On top of that did n-pop (port of neopop ngpc emu to symbian 60 cell phones), I did alot of small demo and games for the gbadev scene under my old nick subbie.

Nope. Only major promiss I fell though on was wifi in ngPsp. Hense the reason I was still working on 1.3 wich will be out as soon as a friend does the gui.

5. NO he didnt pass anything to Stnrmnrnm . that dude actually releases things Monkey only ever talked garbage.
I've taken no credit for any of strmnnrmn work. I also never talk bad about strmnnrmn and usualy chat with him on msn when ever he is around. We have passed along some ideas as well as he helped me realise a PSP cache issue that was breaking textures.

6. CONQUER is spelled as such, and from the way you talk it sounds like you find people with actual talent to DO the work, then you release it as yours. totally homosexual

SORRY I AM NOT A GREAT SPELLER. I NEVER SAID I WAS THE WORLDS BEST SPELLER!!

Rest of your comment is just full of crap. What have you done?

So whats this nameless company? what games have they released? if you worked for a nintendo DS game company what's the name of that? and what's YOUR name so I can look you up on these corporations general registries.

I wont say. All I am saying is that it is one of the top 5 publishers in the vg industry with many titles selling over a million copies world wide & is a big thing on the xbox.

Previous company was some low 3rd party studio that mostly did licensed games on GBA, DS & ps1. I personaly am sick of doing another Disney license and wanted to so something on the PSP (DS is anoying to work on).

I hate liars, they think you're stupid and that they can just tell you everything and you'll just believe it because they're SOOOO wonderful and trustworthy. meanwhile in reality people who lie are SO pathetic they can't even have a life worth talking about, they have to make a "better one" up so you'll like them because no one else does.

and I hate braggarts, if you really GOT these jobs you'd keep your damn mouth shut instead of trying to get attention on these websites because people who brag are actually trying to compensate for some kind of percieved inadequacy

either way Monkey you're a douchebag, and if any of you fascist censor happy communist MODS want to ban me for saying this then go ahead this site never has anything you can't find anywhere else

I'm personaly not a fan of jack@$$es who think they know everything with out having any real experience.

Also I posted this not to rub anything in anybody's face. I did it because I feel alot in the scene deserve to know what is going on with me insted of disapearing and leaving them confused.

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 16:25
Whatever.

I think it's total BS.

So whats this nameless company? what games have they released? if you worked for a nintendo DS game company what's the name of that? and what's YOUR name so I can look you up on these corporations general registries.

I hate liars, they think you're stupid and that they can just tell you everything and you'll just believe it because they're SOOOO wonderful and trustworthy. meanwhile in reality people who lie are SO pathetic they can't even have a life worth talking about, they have to make a "better one" up so you'll like them because no one else does.

and I hate braggarts, if you really GOT these jobs you'd keep your damn mouth shut instead of trying to get attention on these websites because people who brag are actually trying to compensate for some kind of percieved inadequacy

either way Monkey you're a douchebag, and if any of you fascist censor happy communist MODS want to ban me for saying this then go ahead this site never has anything you can't find anywhere else

except people going down on liars left and right, you have that to spare, that's for sure

I sure hope this moron is confusing PSDonkey with PSMonkey. Either way what a nice way to make yourself look like a total ass. If he does have the two mixed up it just shows how uninformed about the scene he really is.

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 16:33
You guys get him!!,
thanx again PSmonkey,don't let any body rub your furr the wrong way.
I personally appreciate everything you've done.
Illegal machine,why insult somebody who has only helped us in the homebrew scene,surely you are confusing him with PSdonkey?

pkmaximum
September 3rd, 2006, 16:39
Holy shit this sux! Man PSmonkey I guess I would never think that you would almost completeley vanish from the scene. Are you still at least going to stick around the forums? Also I thought of something else, you can't release homebrew any more. Have a friend or something release it under their name, but we all will know who inspired it ;)

Good luck on your new job and I wish you the best of luck, and ya getting out of coding for the Nintnedo DS is probaly the best move you oculd have made because the Nintendo DS is a shit system in terms of hardware.

samidgley
September 3rd, 2006, 16:41
I'll miss your work too, Psmonkey. In my opinion the best thing you did was ngpc emu. I love that :) . I have one quarm though..

You can't dislike disney licence games. What about Aladin on the Snes?

cheers for all your work

tommydanger
September 3rd, 2006, 16:51
Wow, now that is rude Illegal machine:mad:
For all the work PSmonkey has done its not fair ;)

I appreciate his decision, its not like he is gone forever ;)
He will still be the same nice person as he used to be ;)

PSmonkey, am I right if I think you applied as a programmer?
If so, where you asked to take a programming test ?
Can you tell us a little bit more about it :)
Lastly it would be nice to hear what your portfolio looks like (I know you said Iris got you the job, but I would like to know a little bit more) :)

muffinman
September 3rd, 2006, 16:55
lol aladin on the snes was funny
anyways we'll all miss you psmonkey hope you enjoy your new job and earn alot more than you was.

ExcruciationX
September 3rd, 2006, 17:05
PSmonkey doesn't deserve that crap (Sorry I didn't say this ealier, I was sleeping)!!! Chew him to bit's PSmonkey!!!

yaustar
September 3rd, 2006, 17:05
Which country do you live in PSMonkey? If I remember correctly, in the EU depending on how the terms are stated, they can't legally do that if the development you do is in your own time and not the company's. I am not a lawyer though so you may want to seek legal advice on that.

Illegal machine, contracts will vary from company to comapnyand in pretty much all of them, they will at least have one term that is similar to this. Some won't mind as long as you don't break any other NDAs and do it outside of the company's time but again, it is all legally binding at the end of the day and can cost you your career.

JD/
September 3rd, 2006, 17:28
Good luck to you in your new job i hope you do well and get plenty papers lol and dont feel obligated to continue homebrew because you've done amazing stuff for the scene already and you will always be remembered for that.

Jonesyxxiv
September 3rd, 2006, 17:29
A commercial PSmonkey game may be the only thing to get me to update. :D This is a sad day for us all. :(

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 17:32
Hopefully he can throw a little easter egg into his commercial game:)A monkey on the wall somewhere?

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 17:41
Well you're wrong.

Well industry does not work that way. I dont because even when I worked for a small studio & once mention who I worked for on ign, my company chewed my ass out over that.

Hell I dont see LAC (of dextrose) posting the company he now works at. Yet I do know where he works since we use to work at the same studio last year.

Go work for a large company. Go read the "NON COMPEDITIVE CLAUSE" and let me know what you think. Legaly one part states that all work done by me (regardless of on work hours or not) is property of the company. The company knows I am psmonkey because Iris is what got me the job in the first place.

Not my fault you're blind. I've released ngPsp, M64, Iris & Sandbox. On top of that did n-pop (port of neopop ngpc emu to symbian 60 cell phones), I did alot of small demo and games for the gbadev scene under my old nick subbie.

Nope. Only major promiss I fell though on was wifi in ngPsp. Hense the reason I was still working on 1.3 wich will be out as soon as a friend does the gui.

I've taken no credit for any of strmnnrmn work. I also never talk bad about strmnnrmn and usualy chat with him on msn when ever he is around. We have passed along some ideas as well as he helped me realise a PSP cache issue that was breaking textures.

SORRY I AM NOT A GREAT SPELLER. I NEVER SAID I WAS THE WORLDS BEST SPELLER!!

Rest of your comment is just full of crap. What have you done?

I wont say. All I am saying is that it is one of the top 5 publishers in the vg industry with many titles selling over a million copies world wide & is a big thing on the xbox.

Previous company was some low 3rd party studio that mostly did licensed games on GBA, DS & ps1. I personaly am sick of doing another Disney license and wanted to so something on the PSP (DS is anoying to work on).

I'm personaly not a fan of jack@$$es who think they know everything with out having any real experience.

Also I posted this not to rub anything in anybody's face. I did it because I feel alot in the scene deserve to know what is going on with me insted of disapearing and leaving them confused.

And with that PSMonkey makes his 1001st post! Hahaha, don't worry about that guy he obviously has some problems. Thank you so much for your work here and I hope to play some of your commercial games.

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 17:42
that would be great…or perhaps build in his monkey64 emulator with DD support to load roms through a savegame exploit…possibly maybe…

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 18:02
bye bye to illegal machine
bye

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 18:09
oh and by the way....

By PSmonkey, MGFox & Produkt ( nemo.dcemu.co.uk )
For DCEmu & Lik Sang 30 Day Coding Contest #2

Icon by pochi
http:pochistyle.pspwire.net

Copyright Notes

The Maps were created & edited by MGFox & Produkt ( nemo.dcemu.co.uk )
Invader was created by Reed Hawker ( http:www.alternatedimension.cominvader.html )
Q2Female & Q2Male were created by ID Software. The models are a direct copy from Quake 2 demo (With texture converted to .tga format) ( http:www.idsoftware.com )

So what exactly did YOU do? by reading that it looks a lot like you just slapped your name on a lot of other peoples work and if you didnt do that then you got screwed on the credit, OR screwed your co-workers on that project and got some job out of it that apparantly you have NO intention of using in ANY way to progress your own (so-called) work

and the rest of you who have something to say may do so... it's your perrogative, but I'm not inclined at any point to give a damn

God your a fuc|< tard.

If you read that you will see produkt & mgfox did all the maps. The rest of the credits are for art.

So where are the programmer credits? Oh wait **** that would be my name listed. Man you really dont have much inteligence to you.

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 18:11
Which country do you live in PSMonkey? If I remember correctly, in the EU depending on how the terms are stated, they can't legally do that if the development you do is in your own time and not the company's. I am not a lawyer though so you may want to seek legal advice on that.

Illegal machine, contracts will vary from company to comapnyand in pretty much all of them, they will at least have one term that is similar to this. Some won't mind as long as you don't break any other NDAs and do it outside of the company's time but again, it is all legally binding at the end of the day and can cost you your career.

I'm in canada. I know there is probably some legal away around it but the fact I had to sign it the first day does not leave me options. They also have the option to terminate my contract in the first 6 months. Anyways I accept it because I Really dont want to be doing ds games anymore.

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 18:11
just ignore him, you dont deserve it he will be banned soon enough…

Fanjita
September 3rd, 2006, 18:12
Even at the end, there's pointless flaming :(

Congrats on the new job Monkey, I have no doubt that you'll excel in it. Homebrew's loss is commercial software's gain.

Good luck with the future, and thanks for your outstanding commitment to homebrew.

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 18:16
Even at the end, there's pointless flaming :(

Congrats on the new job Monkey, I have no doubt that you'll excel in it. Homebrew's loss is commercial software's gain.

Good luck with the future, and thanks for your outstanding commitment to homebrew.

Unless the scene went the elite prick setup of n64, there is no way to stop there from being uninformed kids in the scene. It's truely sad.

Anyways thanks for the comments Fanjita and best of luck with your stuff. So many people would be screwed if not for your loader.

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 18:18
Are you allowed to tell us what type of game/games you'll be working on PSmonkey?

dtothabreezy
September 3rd, 2006, 18:22
aww man pz psmonkey i loved iris and i hope u can find alil time to update it to make it more fun

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 18:25
Well, I give a fu**!.Stop flaming and being a general a**!PSmonkey does not deserve this kind of treatment,if he did he wouldn't have his own page here.
So what coding achievements do you have under your belt Illegal Machine?
STOP TALKING SMACK!!!!!!

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 18:27
I hope Illegal Machine gets banned soon. PSmonkey you have done alot of wonderful things for the homebrew scene and you now get to do what you love and get paid for it. I wish you the best of luck with this.

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 18:30
YOU mught be a canuk, but I'M an American and over here we can say what we want. we have that freedom.

it's a shame your parent's didn't exercise their american right to get an abortion.

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 18:34
We may be losing a homebrew dev but at least he'll still be programming for the psp.The more homebrew friendly people in the industry the better:)

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 18:37
Or what?
What are we on the schoolyard?
The consequences of your comments should be obvious,I believe you have been warned before.
You still didn't answer my question,what coding achievements do you have under your belt?

dagger89
September 3rd, 2006, 18:40
Ya never know, they may just be making one now :cool:

Square is making a Kingdom Hearts game for psp... i read it a few mths ago

wraggster
September 3rd, 2006, 18:41
Thanks for all you have done PSmonkey,

The work for the Nokia N-Gage Scene and your releases at DCEmu for the PSP scene have been awesome and spurred a lot of coders to greater heights, Im sad to lose one of the best in the scene but also very happy that homebrew got you a job in the PSP industry, theres hope for all, maybe Sony should pay Fanjita to make a eloader that can be legally used but no iso loaders etc created.

But anyway Good luck to the future, everyone at dcemu wishes you the best and ignore all the uninformed idiots, feel free to ban anyone as you are an admin here :)

wolfpack
September 3rd, 2006, 18:43
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Goodbye psmonkey, we will remember you as the legend you are today

shadowprophet
September 3rd, 2006, 18:44
Sorry to hear your leaving the scene, Your a good friend, And one of the fellow members here I would call a true bro.
Im glad to hear about the new job though, Sounds awesome ;)

You will still be able to stop by every once and a while and post in the forums, Im sure.

So untill then bro. Good luck with everything :cool:

SP

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 18:44
YOU mught be a canuk, but I'M an American and over here we can say what we want. we have that freedom.

God when will american's stop being so stupid.

I'M AMERICAN TOO YOU RETARD. More specificaly I am from sothern california where I lived till I was 19. I quite enjoy where I live in canada more (less uptight pricks).

Sucks you're banned. To now show my uptight american side.

Here is Illegal Machine IP & Partial Info.

The IP Address is: 67.186.6.48.
The host name is: c-67-186-6-48.hsd1.pa.comcast.net.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=67.186.6.48
P

DPyro
September 3rd, 2006, 18:47
Figures he's from Pennsylvania LMAO

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 18:47
Hopefully you'll be able to tell us which releases you worked on after they're out:)It's good to know a member of the homebrew scene is working on commercial games.

LMAO
as someone said to me don't piss the wrong people off illegal machine!

kayhanbakid
September 3rd, 2006, 18:49
If they pay off StrmnNrmn next the scene is basically finished. It would be a lot easier just to hire the coders than to try to stop them through firmware updates.

Good Luck PSMonkey. Really sad to see you go. Good Luck working for the Evil Empire.:)

dagger89
September 3rd, 2006, 18:49
hmmmm.... i bet sum1 on the forums is going to have ddos'ing fun on that ip address, lol.... anyways, good luck psmonkey, u were one the best homebrew devs!! Will we be able to tell the game by the credits when it comes out, lol?

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 18:51
Hilarious, way to go Monkey! You don't monkey around with this monkey :D :p

Adamuko
September 3rd, 2006, 20:00
I guess sniper is out of a job :)

AtariFreek
September 3rd, 2006, 20:02
*sniff* By PSMonkey, We'll Never Forget You! Goodluck at Ur New Job!

Shilo
September 3rd, 2006, 20:08
Good luck at your new job PSmonkey! I miss checking your forum everyday for more news about your projects :(

stotheamuel
September 3rd, 2006, 20:30
this reminds me of an idol i hold you just as high as.. tim burton... and his movie nightmare before christmas

illegal machine.. you are a ****ing idiot.. die

Zargon
September 3rd, 2006, 20:36
Good luck for all future experiences and don't let your skill go to waste! Mabye someday you could release some new stuff under a different name or something? Just a thought.
PS. You are one of the legends of the psp scene. No one will ever forget you!

zx-81
September 3rd, 2006, 22:16
@notaforumtroll: How you can say that to someone who spent hours to develop something for others ? What's your contribution to this scene ?

Sometime i want also to give up when i see such behavior and comments :( ... I haven't seen this on other free software community ...

@PSmonkey: I wish you good luck for your new job ! :)

pspfan
September 3rd, 2006, 22:19
notaforumtroll, get the **** out of here. I wouldn't be surprised if you were Illegal Machine. You are so oblivious, PSmonkeys work is far more than half-assed releases. And zx-81 is right, what the **** have you done for the PSP scene. If you can't do anything better, stop bitching. I hope you get banned, too.

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 23:02
Let's see we have respected coders here with a bunch of nice releases behind them backing up PSmonkey and a few mouths with nothing to their credit trying to disrespect him. I wonder who we should believe? Really you guys are total asses PSmonkey is a respected coder who has never had any of his developments called into question by any other coder of reputation. Who do you guys think you are to insult him?

ExcruciationX
September 3rd, 2006, 23:22
Not another idiot!!! I hate people who disrespect coders!

1Shadowbane
September 3rd, 2006, 23:35
bye, and good luck with your job.

Gah! how annoying....stupid peaple disrespecting coders..

Joe88
September 4th, 2006, 04:16
Good bye PSmonkey
Ill bever forget you who made the dream of running N64 on PSP a releaity :)

LONG LIVE PSMONKEY :D

good luck on your new job

mr_nick666
September 4th, 2006, 12:09
God when will american's stop being so stupid.

I'M AMERICAN TOO YOU RETARD. More specificaly I am from sothern california where I lived till I was 19. I quite enjoy where I live in canada more (less uptight pricks).

Sucks you're banned. To now show my uptight american side.

Here is Illegal Machine IP & Partial Info.

The IP Address is: 67.186.6.48.
The host name is: c-67-186-6-48.hsd1.pa.comcast.net.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=67.186.6.48
P

:D DUDE! - You are truely a legend!! :D He was being a complete tool - THIS is justice :p Thanks again for everything (this post made me laugh out loud at work - nearly got me rumbled surfing DCEMU!) ;)

V3N0M
September 4th, 2006, 17:00
Thank you for every thing you've done. I do think that many coders will become inspired and do amazing things because of the limits you pushed and the impossibilities that you made possible. Many others and I will stand by you like always in everything you do. So good luck and i hope you do great in your new job. BTW tell us when your game is released because many people including me will go run out and buy even if there is a firmware update and we have to wait a while to play it lol. And who knows maby when your career changes some day you wont have all those legal issues and just might be able to release some of your work. We'll all be waiting here for when you return. Good luck and i hope to still see you around.

PS- You are a huge part of the reason i'm going into programming as a career. I am currentaly taking a coding class and learning visual basic and later on down the road we're going to begin to learn C++. After that i'm going to teach myself many new things as i'll be more capable than I am now. So I know 100% that you inspired at least one person. So thanx for everything. Later Man. (I don't know if you saw this in the other thread, Hope you read it)

PSS- lol I grew up in Southern California too.

shadowhawk22
September 5th, 2006, 07:13
Bye dude. Thanks. I mean it. Thank you so much! I hope you get rich and marry many women! haha! Good luck buddy!!!!!!!!!!

Psyberjock
September 5th, 2006, 13:18
Well, I'm glad Iris got you a nice job. It was the one peice of software that you made that I really respected above all other homebrew for the PSP. Its a shame you didn't take it further than you did. Undoubtedly more development could have secured you a larger paycheck.

M64 was good, but just an emulator after all. A brilliant peice of work but not as impressive as a completely original game. With emulators and clones you almost always have competition, with original games, you own it all.

I'm not surprised, but neither am I disappointed. You spread yourself a little too thin with so many projects. They all suffered as a result. At least now you can focus on one project at a time and your true skill will shine, I'm sure.

Good luck and thanks for all the inspiration you've given to the community.