PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x_TYL and Dgen

Generator
September 3rd, 2006, 06:51
Hey guys,

I'm a bit of a lurker around these fourms, but there comes a time when you actually have to post. lol.

Anyway, I'm running 2.0 with eloader .97, and I'm having some issues with Dgen and Snes9x_TYL. Dgen wont run at all, it gets the suspicous path error that a few others seem to be getting as well.

Snes9x does run, but most of the time if I back out into the menu, then exit back into the game, all I get is black screen. I didnt have any problems with it until I upgraded to 2.0.

any fixes for this? I tried doing a search, but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 06:53
why don't you downgrade it will save you the hassle.

if you decide not downgrade, make sure you use Dgen v1.30, i don't know what is wrong with you snes9xTYL though.

Generator
September 3rd, 2006, 07:06
why don't you downgrade it will save you the hassle.

if you decide not downgrade, make sure you use Dgen v1.30, i don't know what is wrong with you snes9xTYL though.

Mainly because I use the browser at work when I'm bored.

sedkiller
September 3rd, 2006, 07:07
With the 1.5 you are sure not to have those problems... At least a think lol... or it's you files that have problem (mising file, ect..)

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 07:12
if you downgrade you could install devhook which lets you emulate firmware 2.71 :)

GobboFett
September 3rd, 2006, 11:50
I was using FW2.00 and eLoader for a long time, that is until I got the confidence to downgrade to 1.5 :cool:. If you are gonna use DGen then the last version that worked with eLoader was 1.40 but a better choice is to use PSPGenesis (I used it with eLaoder, simply better that the older versions of DGen :D). Snes9x_TYL SHOULD work (I got it to work on eLoader), just try to look for the latest version (if you already don't have it).

Generator
September 3rd, 2006, 16:08
Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it. Alot of forums I've posted in are neither as friendly, nor do I get such quick responses. Goes to show what a great community the PSP has surrounding it.

I'll probably dowgrade again and give Devhook a shot.
:)

sedkiller
September 6th, 2006, 00:58
good choice you'll have less problems.