PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo to Release MP3 Player for DS ?

wraggster
September 3rd, 2006, 13:19
Heres whats been posted by DSx-2 (http://www.ds-x2.com/index.php?id=5676)

One week later, this has changed. The unit, which looks similar to the Japan-only Play-Yan, will be available for only EUR 29.99, the releasedate is not set in stones, but it looks to be October 6th, together with the Nintendo DS Browser.

Key features:
- For Nintendo DS (to be inserted into slot 2) and Game Boy Advance hardware
- To store music you need SD cards. Up to 2 GB cards are supported, this equals to 500 songs (best sound quality)
- Choose between different skins (including one with Mario)
- The interface shows all important information
- The unit itself features another headphone port

The Nintendo MP3 Player was originally planned to be released shortly after Game Boy micro, but as the sales weren't as high as Nintendo had hoped, they delayed the accessory. It is not known why the video play function is not included, as the Play-Yan features this function, it is also unknown whether there's a special mode for the Nintendo DS.

Boxart Via Comments

Junixx
September 3rd, 2006, 14:21
Cool, not a bad idea

The Hombrew Hunter
September 3rd, 2006, 15:29
Neat, but now that my M3 has arrived, Moonshell suffices...But I need a WMA plugin or player....

zanysmash
September 3rd, 2006, 16:01
hehe fun, looks like they're releasing their first *supercard* :D

Junixx
September 3rd, 2006, 17:59
It'll be good for people who just want to listen to music on thier DS..hmm....I'd like ot say something but im not sure if its against the rules or not so im just gonna not say it

iball
September 3rd, 2006, 18:13
How long before someone hacks it and is running DS ROMs on it?
Place yer bets!

JD/
September 3rd, 2006, 18:19
why would someone buy that instead of a supercard bad idea :(

iball
September 3rd, 2006, 18:25
why would someone buy that instead of a supercard bad idea :(
The same morons who bought the Max Media Dock thinking it had the same capability as REAL flashcarts, that's who. ;)

kcajblue
September 3rd, 2006, 19:57
who knows. this thing might actually sell really well like other nintendo products. ;)

slitchfield
September 3rd, 2006, 20:48
Wow, now there's a coincidence, my daughter and I were playing with the DS Lite today and saying - wish there was a way of playing music on it - thanks, duly noted!

BTW, the review Opera cart still hasn't turned up 8-(

Steve

iball
September 3rd, 2006, 20:53
Wow, now there's a coincidence, my daughter and I were playing with the DS Lite today and saying - wish there was a way of playing music on it - thanks, duly noted!

BTW, the review Opera cart still hasn't turned up 8-(

Steve
There already IS a way to play music on it...via a real flashcart and Moonshell.

SSaxdude
September 4th, 2006, 01:30
People will buy this because the only gaming they know is mainstream gaming. But us homebrewers are way ahead of them.

iball
September 4th, 2006, 02:07
10 seconds after it's released in the U.S. there will be a flood of "help me" posts in a DS homebrew version of Ragnarok.

slitchfield
September 4th, 2006, 06:09
There already IS a way to play music on it...via a real flashcart and Moonshell.

Gulp. Oh yes, spot the DS newbie... 8-)

Steve

kyleharrison
February 19th, 2007, 11:15
cool hve seen it in the shops does it take a memory card sd?

kcajblue
February 19th, 2007, 19:27
you didnt have to bump this old thread to find out if it needs an SD card.
read the main post.

hutzero
February 20th, 2007, 10:01
cool

voteforpedro36
February 21st, 2007, 01:40
Old news now... it really did horrible, not that I'm sad at all. You know, since there are people who would buy this, like the people who bought Datel products (Datel owner BIOTCH)....