PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Psmonkey

wraggster
September 3rd, 2006, 20:04
Well today has been a somewhat sad day to find out that one of our favourite coders has moved onto pastures new.

To PSmonkey, im sure everyone in the PSP and N-Gage scenes thank you for the endless hours you work to bring hope and delight to homebrewers such as myself, its awesome to know that because of homebrew and more importantly IRIS and the mention in the PSM mag ;) that he got his new job :)

Theres hope for all you bedroom coders, remember no matter what they think of emulation and homebrew the gaming industry inc the likes of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo do closely watch the homebrew community and if you excel then the possibilities are endless.

Also to all the scene newcomers across the whole PSP scene, remember please understand that any homebrew creation takes a lot of time and skill and some of the comments ive read are a little disheartening, remember if you piss of all the coders then there wont be any scene, just remember that the next time you give out a very rude comment.

Anyway Thanks PSmonkey from all at DCEmu :) :)

kcajblue
September 3rd, 2006, 20:09
a lot of coders are leaving us. :(

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 20:11
yeh monkey ur hard work is definitely appreciated!!! i wish u could still code for us :(...hopefully one day *sigh*

and wraggy i agree the rude comments don't get us anywhere, and i apologized if the past couple of days some of u might have thought my comments were rude about the PSX-P emu, i wasn't trying to be rude...just trying to make a point, anyways sorry to those that took it as rude

ok sorry got a tad of subject :)

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 20:11
Thank you so much PSmonkey,I hope your new job is fun!

Briggzy11
September 3rd, 2006, 20:14
yeh i knew he was going for a while now but hes got a job as a commercial coder cuz of his iris mod (I bet hes been asked work for ID3)

I wish him the best of luck and hope see his work soon :):):)

Shilo
September 3rd, 2006, 20:15
I know PSmonkey has coders wanting to finish his projects, but I don't think they can completly fill his shoes :(

d3v1l
September 3rd, 2006, 20:18
all i can say is thank u psmonkey, for the milestones in the n64 emulation...uve been great, n i hope ull make sum good use of urself at ur new job, wish u all the best!

Zion
September 3rd, 2006, 20:20
thanks Monkey :D

Adamuko
September 3rd, 2006, 20:23
Hope you learn to grow up.

Banned for two weeks.

~Kaiser

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 20:24
thank you so much

you will get access to a official sdk though, ,so your own homebrew will be amazing…well have fun

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 20:24
Thanks for not finishing anything. Hope you finish all your projects when you work for Sony :)

another idiot

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 20:25
@Adamuko: some of his projects were passed on to other coders...and some are dead :(

Adamuko
September 3rd, 2006, 20:26
another idiot

i r no idot :(

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 20:31
that sarcastic comment was not called for, almost every homebrew release for psp is WIP.

this is a sad day for everyone and your comment, though mild, does not help

PSmonkey
September 3rd, 2006, 20:42
Thanks to Wraggy and the dcemu staff for giving me a place to hang out and post my work.

Remember, even tho i am stoping my work, it dont mean I am going away for good. I still will lurk and post when I can. :)

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 20:44
thats good to know we won't be monkey-less :D, are u gunna beable to tell us about the stuff ur gunna be working on(when u start that is)?

muffinman
September 3rd, 2006, 20:45
its a sad day for the psp scene and a sad day for homebrew.

good luck psmonkey with the new job

i, like many others, appreciate all the work you have done.

three cheers for psmonkey :)

NoQuarter
September 3rd, 2006, 20:48
Could you tell us what kind of game your gonna be working on?Of course if it's not part of your NDA.

Drem
September 3rd, 2006, 20:50
Thank you for your work, PSmonkey. Farewell :(.

goofsterstud
September 3rd, 2006, 20:51
I just wanted to say thanks. It's awefully ironic when someone just downgrades to try the emulator that the publisher quites.

:-)

However their are lots of psp's and you gave hope and encouragement to all of us. You rock!

I feel sorry for the next guy, cause he has big shoes to fill!

I wish you luck in your business journey.

hiptanaka
September 3rd, 2006, 20:57
thanks for all your hard work and sacrifices PSmonkey... you will be missed.

best of luck on your new job.

pspfan
September 3rd, 2006, 21:20
Yeah, thanks.

dejkirkby
September 3rd, 2006, 21:20
When you are releasing the Official Iris on a UMD slip a DCEmu sign in there for us!

Emeriastone
September 3rd, 2006, 21:21
Thanks for all you've done Psmonkey! Good luck with your dev!

Adamuko
September 3rd, 2006, 21:24
F*ck off, Adamuko! This guy has done a lot for the homebrew scene!!!

U R MEAN!!:eek:

ExcruciationX
September 3rd, 2006, 21:45
Sorry dude, I didn't get much sleep last night, and I hate it when someone bashes coders. I will go delete my post...

djamm
September 3rd, 2006, 21:49
Cheers and thanks...Good luck in the future PSmonkey!

:D

patito0o0o
September 3rd, 2006, 22:05
i like monkies..lol

D0N
September 3rd, 2006, 22:58
Thanks for everything PSMonkey! Good luck with your new job! :)

Veskgar
September 3rd, 2006, 23:03
First PSMonkey, then LaXer3a & YoYoFr. Very depressing. Snes9xTYL has been one of my favorite works in PSP homebrew for a while now.

On the bright side we have newcommers like Exophase giving us incredible works such as gpSP. And you never know. There could be many more 'secret' projects in the works that will surprise and amaze in the future.

Please continue work for PSP homebrew PSMonkey and when it is no longer a conflict of interest, maybe we can enjoy your great work.

jwilds73
September 3rd, 2006, 23:08
I wish PSmonkey the best of luck. He get to do what he loves (code for the psp) and get paid for it. To any that would disrespect him show us what you got to your credit? I thought not.

Xiofire
September 3rd, 2006, 23:10
Good Luck PSmonkey! Yew will be missed.
-Xiofire

aries2k4
September 3rd, 2006, 23:21
Ya, Thanks PsMonkey. Everyone who really likes the homebrew scene, knows and apreciates what you did for us.:)
Really wish you the best of luck on your new job.
WeŽll miss you:(

mexicansnake
September 3rd, 2006, 23:22
Bye PSmonkey and good luck with your new job. :)

Pd: Thanx for everything:).

Kaiser
September 3rd, 2006, 23:32
Okay getting rid of two idiots in this thread. I can't believe how ungrateful some people are.

Veskgar
September 3rd, 2006, 23:44
Okay getting rid of two idiots in this thread. I can't believe how ungrateful some people are.

Thanks Kaiser! You do a great job in maintaining the integrity of the DCEMU community. The selfless sacrifice that coders make to make our lives better deserves infinite respect and appreciation.

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 00:27
thanks for all your hard work monkey, and good luck :)

also some coders may be leaving us, but others are joining as well take Exophase for example..he entered with a massive bang...nearly wiped out all of us >_>

Festizzio
September 4th, 2006, 00:41
Thanks for being part of the scene PSmonkey, I still remember when you first announced your n64 emulator, of course back then it was Nincest. :) Also, that little monkey action figure lol, that was cool. :D Anyways, good luck with your new job and I hope you succeed!:D

Cloud_35
September 4th, 2006, 01:51
Right man.

Farewell, and know y'll be missed

Amen.

(did that sound GAY?)

NeoXCS
September 4th, 2006, 02:00
PSmonkey, you were one of the most well known coders in the PSP world and I wish you good luck in all your future endeavors. You showed us N64 was possible on the PSP and I thank you for that. :) Hope you have a good time being a paid coder! :D

Wally
September 4th, 2006, 02:19
Psmonkey, my pal!

I remember the first time i met you,
you have taught me a lot.
First up, a start to a bit of programming (Im getting somewhere now). At first when monkey64 came out, i was trying to get everything working (Now i know its not that easy) and managed to pull the waverace texture out.

Secondly i applaud you for accomplishing what you have!

I raise my wine glass in celebration of these glorious months! (Uhmm Virtually)

Cheers! ( I DID SAY VIRTUALLY)

V3N0M
September 4th, 2006, 02:29
Thank you for every thing you've done. I do think that many coders will become inspired and do amazing things because of the limits you pushed and the impossibilities that you made possible. Many others and I will stand by you like always in everything you do. So good luck and i hope you do great in your new job. BTW tell us when your game is released because many people including me will go run out and buy even if there is a firmware update and we have to wait a while to play it lol. And who knows maby when your career changes some day you wont have all those legal issues and just might be able to release some of your work. We'll all be waiting here for when you return. Good luck and i hope to still see you around.

PS- You are a huge part of the reason i'm going into programming as a career. I am currentaly taking a coding class and learning visual basic and later on down the road we're going to begin to learn C++. After that i'm going to teach myself many new things as i'll be more capable than I am now. So I know 100% that you inspired at least one person. So thanx for everything. Later Man.

eazy-e
September 4th, 2006, 03:29
thank u Psmonkey

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 03:33
Thx PSmonkey I have followed the scene since you first registered for these forums as some of you may know =] . I knew days like these would come for the PSP eventually as were people have to leave after they are too busy, and it looks like our oldest coders are starting to move away from the PSP scene. PSmonkey, YOYO, Laxter, and I believe Ruka may be on the edge of over also. But we have new coders that come every day. NJ,Exophase, supposable makers behind a new PS1 emulator ;), Dark Alex, Booster, and many more. I wish you luck on your new job.

And I am commanding you to make sure SONY makes a good beat em up game like Super Smash Brothers, or get Kingdom Hearts ported =O

^_^ Its been a good year PSmonkey, your work will be your legacy to this scene.

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 04:16
Not a great day. But a great one for monkey best of luck. We will always apresiate what you have done.

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 06:57
I do hope though that the coders he assigned to his new projects are reliable because I really can't wait to get neo geo pocket running on my PSP with sound.

r-complex
September 4th, 2006, 07:55
PSmonkey..

Live Long.. And Prosper..

Tomppa
September 4th, 2006, 19:31
Hope you get something fancy done in your new job, at least what you did before was cool :cool: I'm missing on something. N-Gage scene? What he did there? I'm interested, as my brother has a N-Gage and my Nokia 6600 is pretty far compatible...

scarph
September 5th, 2006, 00:57
be good monkey be good

QueadlunnRau
September 5th, 2006, 17:13
Have phun in all your life adventures, but I have a feeling PSmonkey will show up again sooner or later ~_^

I mean who could leave a scene that cares about you this much forever?