1) PS3 and Wii nearly to be released

Agree or Disagree, vent your Opinions.

ninja9393
September 3rd, 2006, 21:53
i totally disagree

if u think about it the ps3 is super over priced

trezzer
September 3rd, 2006, 21:55
Heh, if I get one of the muscle machines it'll definitely be Xbox 360. I'm getting Wii for sure.

Sony can bite my shiny metal bum. Arrogance, high prices and a tendency towards exaggeration is a nasty mix.

shaunenterprise
September 4th, 2006, 00:57
i had a 360 for a month didnt thin kmuch of it so now its on ebay im def getting a wii for sure and im not buyin a ps3 only sony i like is psp

SSaxdude
September 4th, 2006, 01:41
Reasons why you shouldn't buy a PS3:
$600 for a 360 plus some overpriced disc format
remember PS2 disc read errors?
graphics look very similar to 360, but even MGS4 was laggy
Sony has enough money
Only 5 original titles at launch
probably will have firmware updates
Sony is quiet about online play (they know it sucks)
no rumble
"innovative" controller
it's overhyped just like what they did to push Sega out of the hardware business
most games won't even need the capicity of a Blu-Ray disc

And the number one reason why Sony will not get any more sales out of me is because they shut down Bleem! and are trying to do the same with Booster.

stotheamuel
September 4th, 2006, 01:53
I dont like sony!!! heh

flast
September 4th, 2006, 02:18
i think i will wait and see. then pick up the winner. as for the wii whats "must have" about?

GODZEROXX
September 4th, 2006, 02:28
I think we should buy a 360...

10) It's over priced

no not really.... ps3 will cost alot more

9) Bill Gates has enough money

and so do all the other companies... may not be as much but either way its enough to be able to do anything you want

8) Extras cost a lot

not really ... the live arcades pretty cheap and game content download is usually free... not to mention all the downloadable demos and trailers, and at least it actually has extras which makes it really cool

7) Graphics aren't much better than Xbox 1

thats true to an extent, but they are better and the ps3 will be the same graphics sooo if you choose one might as well go cheaper (360)

6) The online play

the online play is good... xbox live is compatable
with almost every game

5) Only one good exclusive game - Halo

not true enchanted arms is awesome dead rising is very very cool and theres a bunch others as well

4) No RPG's

the system hasn't been out that long and besides it has oblivion and enchanted arms...

3) Original Xbox just as good

no its not... the old xbox didn't have xbox live arcade, it can't play the newer games and it can't connect to windows media center

2) You can go to vegas for a month

yes you could and then lose it all or not give up and end up in dept :(

1) PS3 and Wii nearly to be released

yay the overly priced ps3 without any cool features like wii and 360.. yea wii will be great because of its cool style of gameplay but even still wii won't have the games that 360 shares with ps3..

Shadowblind
September 4th, 2006, 03:50
ha..haha..hahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

I feel really bad for the moron who came up with this idea. I wonder who it was, Sony or Nintendo?

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 03:54
I agree that the Wii is going to be better than the 360! :D

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 04:06
let's see...halo? there's PC versions though the released is slower i can wait so if i were to buy a console, it would most likely be Wii...

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2006, 04:22
ok.. so when it comes down to it... everyone wants a wii.... hell I will even say it say it... I WANT A WII! I would have to disagree completely with the writer. first off to use bill gates as a reason not to purchase a game device is pretty asshattish.. we all have our problems with bill gates, but as mr gates has little or nothing to do with the machine I think this is just some lame attack on microsoft (and ive had my fair share of thoes too :p)
Also to use "over priced" and use ps3 in the same article... well thats just a little bit stupid if you ask me. The graphics are quite impressive for first generation titles also.

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 04:24
I agree exept for the fact they do have one of the best RPGs of this era. Morrowind 4

eternaldragonx
September 4th, 2006, 05:06
top ten reasons why this whole topic is out of line and full of bullshit
1-10 this guy is a dumbass aparently and wants to start console wars and should just consider killing him or herself
nuff said

DeeDub
September 4th, 2006, 05:52
Graphics are no better than xbox 1

This fool has obviously never seen Fight Night Round 3!

s1k0
September 4th, 2006, 07:02
xbox xbox is the best boo boo for the rest

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 07:05
Its funny how the only ones that are going to disagree with this is the ones who own a x-box 360

Long live the Nintendo Wii... well let is be born first =P

stotheamuel
September 4th, 2006, 09:30
i do agree though that extras cost alot... OLD arcade games are overpriced...
and oh i bought my xbox 360.. i need to hook it up to play xbox live (50$) And i need an adapter for my wireless net (100$) okay.. so wait hd dvd isn't built in.. okay i need to buy the external drive (200$)

muffinman
September 4th, 2006, 10:59
whats that $350 in extras already plus the console. well makes the ps3 not look like such a bad deal :p

anyways i think the point is with the 360 costs to much is what actually in the console and therefore value for money. Also i can buy pretty much all of the 360's games on my pc so i cant be missing out on much except pgr. i think ill kill myself because of the sorrow i have for not being able to have that game.

markymark1
September 4th, 2006, 11:24
i agree with SSaxdude.
& if ur gona post nething against the 360....post it else where!
the 360 online env is going to kick ps3 arse! there is no way they can top it! & even if the graphics are pretty much the same(which they blatently arent) its still all about gameplay! no body wants good graphics but the game goes round and round doing the same thing!

also, to have a go at bill gates cos he has a lot of money is just plain stupid and the jealousy just shines right thru! hes the 1 that took the step and tried making it big and it worked so fair play!

SSaxdude
September 4th, 2006, 16:38
Plus every dollar you do give to Bill Gates he will give away in charity. Do you think Sony will do that? Hell no, they'll keep every dollar they make.

Enough Sony bashing from me, I must say I am not excited for the Wii. Don't get me wrong, I like the controller and the price tag. I just hope it doesn't end up like the Gamecube did: lose support over time. If the Wii does hold support, I will buy one.

Mourningstar
September 4th, 2006, 23:27
Thats the dimbest ****ing list Ive ever read....

360 is cheaper, easier to develop for, faster load times and more powerful!

The only advantage PS3 has is BR.....and for costing $200 more its not much of an advantage....

WilDThraxter
September 5th, 2006, 11:36
6. Online Play

WTF!!!!!! Xbox live IMHO is the single greatest invention in gaming ever. It rocks!!! All the fun of online gaming, with built in voice, an online friends list and the abiity to find out what the hell ur mate is playin instead of kickin ass on halo 2 wit u. £40 pound a year is more than worth it!!!!

This Guy is an idiot, its not an opinion, it is obvious FAN BOY, Microsoft Bashing.

musicjunkie88
September 5th, 2006, 21:43
The 360 is way better than ps3. in my opinion (besides all the other obvious things) its online capability is the best out there and the only thing it needs to be better than the ps3. besides the only reason the ps3 is out there is cuz sony doesnt want to get beaten to badly in next gen consoles.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 6th, 2006, 09:25
wow junkie and that godzeroxx just signed up to post on this thread lmao. I think in the game industry there is this drive to offer a new peace of hardware even if its not nessesrily better. Thats what I see in the 360. The Xbox under the guise of a new name has been used to screw the consumers. They are looking for another excuse to make you pay extra. Kinda like ninrendo and all the constont GB sizes. They are gonna have non integrated hw which should be in already. They are gonna make the parts incompatiable with each other so you have to buy all new ones. Its just not much different from the XBX. And as stated before Microsoft has always been a 1 FPS wonder.

you've been one up'd by a usurper which is the greatest shame of all.

Gazz021
September 6th, 2006, 10:17
I have this week just setup my 360 with ethernet to my PC for Xboxlive,And its excellent.I ve been playing PGR3 and Ghost Recon online and there really addictive.I have also started play Table Tennis but I need more practise.The only down fall is buying the 2100 points card £17.99, WHAT A RIP OFF.

stotheamuel
September 6th, 2006, 22:36
Plus every dollar you do give to Bill Gates he will give away in charity. Do you think Sony will do that? Hell no, they'll keep every dollar they make.

Enough Sony bashing from me, I must say I am not excited for the Wii. Don't get me wrong, I like the controller and the price tag. I just hope it doesn't end up like the Gamecube did: lose support over time. If the Wii does hold support, I will buy one.

I do in fact believe that bill gates isn't microsoft.. that way you can't compare it to sony... Microsoft is much more powerful than sony... and the richest man in the world is bill gates and he isnt giving away all his money.. so not every dollar...

Also i highly doubt bill gates gets much from the 360 at all its all stocks and PC's are getting him most of his money

MasterChafed
September 7th, 2006, 04:45
Thats the dimbest ****ing list Ive ever read....

360 is cheaper, easier to develop for, faster load times and more powerful!

The only advantage PS3 has is BR.....and for costing $200 more its not much of an advantage....

this is true. Sony doesnt even have hdmi hangin over the 360 now with the addition of the new hdmi cable. And the ps3 can't even use 1080p like sony had hyped everyone about. The ps3 is basicly an extremely pricey, harder to develop for, 360.

stotheamuel
September 7th, 2006, 22:34
this is true. Sony doesnt even have hdmi hangin over the 360 now with the addition of the new hdmi cable. And the ps3 can't even use 1080p like sony had hyped everyone about. The ps3 is basicly an extremely pricey, harder to develop for, 360.

games can be 1080p with 30 fps.... plus the console isnt even being used to the fullest.... and do you forefet about blu-rays storage capacity... for example oblivion is completely different for the ps3 now because of the amount of storage.... also ps3 has in it a blu ray player... (600) 360 with a hd dvd external drive (600)

SSaxdude
September 7th, 2006, 23:27
games can be 1080p with 30 fps.... plus the console isnt even being used to the fullest.... and do you forefet about blu-rays storage capacity... for example oblivion is completely different for the ps3 now because of the amount of storage.... also ps3 has in it a blu ray player... (600) 360 with a hd dvd external drive (600)
The HD DVD add on was not meant for everyone to buy, it was meant for the small percentage of people who bought a 360 that really want HD DVDs. The advantage movies in Blu-Ray/HD DVD is dismal, and that's why it's an add on and not built it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Oblivion is NOT coming to PS3.

stepppp
September 8th, 2006, 21:40
I agree about the graphics, they arent much better than the xbox. In fact after splashing out on a HDTV the 360 has let me down. Tearing issues, slowdown, shoddy pc ports...jesus my 2 year old pc runs games smoother than the 360!.

Overall this console is prob one of the worst ive ever purchased in over 25 years of gaming.

The fanboys make me laugh also...all your hear is " gears of war" blah blah blah.

What one game is going to make a system. IMO grears of war has been done before, its not going to be groundbreaking stuff its just going to be yet another FPS.

I just hope the Wii gives something more because IMO gaming is becoming very stale.

MasterChafed
September 8th, 2006, 23:08
Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder. For your information, one game can make a console, like halo did for the original xbox, And gears of war is very inovational, its not entirely a fps, it has third person action, and is a tactical shooter, not just a shoot em up. And how can you possibly say that the graphics arent much better than xbox? i'll give you a few reasons why they are or soon will be. For one, games like oblivion and call of duty 2 have graphics that equal those produced by high end pc's, and i have never had slow downs with them, and how can you expect a console that is but a year old to have the most mind blowing graphics when developers are still learning the architecture of the console. So stop bashing, i guarentee, you will be far more disapointed in the ps3, its alrady getting worse day by day. The wii will probably be really awesome, but dont expect graphics much better or even equal to the great games on the original xbox.

Skye
September 8th, 2006, 23:54
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34858

1080p requires alot of video bandwidth, maybe a few certain games later in the consoles life but not anytime in the near future. :P

I love my Xbox 360 but, it does end up costing you alot of money and that's excactly what Microsoft is hoping for. :/ Plus I had to send mine in for repair, and a friend's as well. His was out of warranty. Tip - If they try to make you pay for the repair if your console is out of warranty call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Ask why you have to pay the money for the repair when it was them who manufactured a faulty console. They will give you a huge discount on the repair maybe you won't even have to pay at all.

Don't take me for a fanboy either. I love all consoles. =D