PDA

View Full Version : What Are Going to be the Killer Games for the Wii and its Unique Controller ?

wraggster
September 3rd, 2006, 23:19
Not long now before the Wii hits the shops and i was wondering what would be killer apps for this console, a Star Wars gaming using a Lightsabre controller would be awesome but what would be your dream Wii game ?

Answers Via Comments :)

Mariopop87
September 3rd, 2006, 23:25
I like the idea of that sports game. A tenis racket... Baseball bat...

I don't nornaly even like sports games!

ninja9393
September 3rd, 2006, 23:31
i personnally think it will be either zelda or metroid

bsg
September 3rd, 2006, 23:34
Far cry
Crysis (could come)
Rayman RR
Resident Evil Wii

Mariopop87
September 4th, 2006, 00:14
Far cry
Crysis (could come)
Rayman RR
Resident Evil Wii
Oh, thanks for reminding me.

I also love the idea of Resident Evil.

sponge_killer
September 4th, 2006, 00:30
I've said it on many different sites and I will now say it here. The best Wii game ever would be an online multi player pool game. It can be included in Wii sports.

CampaKaze
September 4th, 2006, 00:34
Any online FPS thats easy to use and easy to play like Counter Strike just with loooots of guns, Well thats for FPSs cause 1 game cant rule every category. It woulda been so cool to have an oblivion game on the Wii, but thinkin about it, thats what LOZ:TP is for :D

pubjoe
September 4th, 2006, 01:59
I've said it on many different sites and I will now say it here. The best Wii game ever would be an online multi player pool game. It can be included in Wii sports.

Wow, actually that could work great.

e.g. (for right-handers):

Point the wiimote (cue tip) with your left hand and take the shot holding the nunchuck (butt) withyour right hand. Just like real snooker/pool.

The nunchuck does have motion sensitivity, which would be ideal for the swinging-back-and-forth arm-motion when lining up a shot.

and the infa-red of the wiimote will allow a precise aim.

If they did it right, with really accurate cue response. ...And most importantly, let the shot-motion hand (right-hand) fine tune the aim (every snooker/pool videogame has fallen flat here, the aim is always unchangable after shot selection and the cue swing only ever determines power).

...It could be great.

Yep a snooker or pool game. I agree.:)

[EDIT]
In fact... The more I think about this the better it seems.

It could be the first game to impliment a real mis-cue system. Some crappy snooker games have implemented random mis-cues with varying probability depending on the shot your going for. < Very crappy and frustrating system.

This could be the first snooker game to base a mis-cue on the steadyness and smoothness of your stroke. e.g: Jolt to the left or right with the cue-butt and you will miss-cue.

and also, difficulty could be set by making the sensitivity more or less forgiving. That way, instead of making your opponent harder or easier, you will be increasing/decreasing your own capability. Just like in wii tennis, where you can play with a little 'flick' instead of swinging about like a tennis pro.

Even non-snooker players could rack up huge breaks on the easiest (most forgiving) difficulty setting, instead of the snooker game norm of just being given a crap opponent and playing the scrappiest game of snooker you've ever seen.

This one factor would in itself make this the best snooker game ever. The "crappy opponent" example above, has always made snooker games completely unenjoyable for all except experts of the games.

zerosigna1
September 4th, 2006, 02:17
:D :D :D realy looking forward to metroid, its looking sweet:D :D :D

The Hombrew Hunter
September 4th, 2006, 02:30
I like the idea of that sports game. A tenis racket... Baseball bat...

I don't nornaly even like sports games!

I have a Baseball Bat for genesis that is a controller. It's cool.

Um...Smash Bros. Definately.

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2006, 04:30
I like the idea of sports games like tennis, baseball, golf, etc. I cant wait to see what kind of crazy antics a mario party or wario ware will have! I am holding my judgment on Zelda TP for its release, but personally i was a little disapointed to hear that you couldnt use the GC controller instead.

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 04:31
Hands down ZELDA

S34MU5
September 4th, 2006, 16:32
zelda, metroid,
but a good lookek is that red somat one
its a fps with guns and swords.
the video looks amazin with the sword bit

spiralof5
September 4th, 2006, 21:40
The greatest wii game ever would be none other than Kid Icarus. Here is why:

Although we all love and adore the Legend of Zelda, and there is signs of Nintendo running out of ideas, I am really anxious to see a new franchise that will both awe and top the existing franchises. In my opinion, Kid Icarus is the only one that could ever do that.

Aside from this, I think a brand new IP altogether that is both epic and makes an extended use of the wii controller, far beyond what we have even imagined, will be the greatest (not only we game but) Nintendo game ever.

pubjoe
September 5th, 2006, 22:37
Pikmin could be pretty good.

(POINT) "GO THERE pikmin!", "wait...", "you! go there", "STOP!" (THROW) "get him, get him!" (SLAP) "Naughty pikmin!"

CrackA
September 6th, 2006, 18:57
red steel awesome. i think that'll be one.

Uruz 6
September 6th, 2006, 19:07
I've taken a look around.. so here's my list:
Metroid
Zelda
Red Steel

I bet these 3 will rule at launch.

gotmilk0112
September 6th, 2006, 21:45
Super Mario Universe
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

and im ok for about 3 years. =D

P.S. gamestop said they're starting to take pre-orders for wii in the beginning of october! nice! ill go there every day after Oct. 1st and try to preorder one because i want one sooooo bad!!! :D

pubjoe
September 7th, 2006, 04:05
Not a game but...

Opera Browser!

This could make the wii the first ever simple TV plug-in internet box that's any good. It has been tried before many times, but clunky controls and hassel has always made similar devices flop.

With it's accurate remote control, this simple addition could be just the thing to make a TV browser finally work. The wii will be the right price, and if nintendo market it right, the browser could sell more wii's to non-gamers than Dr Kawashima could ever dream of.

I think it should launch with the browser, in fact, it should be built in.

sko, TheLogicalGamer
September 9th, 2006, 03:57
kick ass fps like Halo... dude nice idea with the pool.

Jenksie
September 9th, 2006, 10:20
Pool=genius

I think spore good be quite good, a quirky system for a quirky game.

GagaMan
September 9th, 2006, 21:09
My dream game releases for the Wii:

A true sequel to Jet Set Radio. Imagine spraying graffiti just like you would in real life with the Wii-mote?

This ones' been rumoured: a new NiGHTS into Dreams. Come one, Sega, get your butts into gear!

A new Baloon Fight, with online gaming. What? It could be a Virtual console release!

A new Samba De Amigo! No need for expensive equipment, just attach the Maraca shell onto two Wii-motes and Shake away! Seriously Sega, you need to be doing this! Take notes!

As for the games I'm antisapating that have been confirmed: Smash Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware, Rayman 4, Monkey ball, Sonic and the Secret of the Rings, and the Metal Slug Collection.

pibs
September 9th, 2006, 22:12
id like to see another capcom vs snk kind of game but this time with good controls

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 22:31
A new Phantasy Star game :)

Jenksie
September 10th, 2006, 10:51
Oooh good point, now thta the console is more aimed at the online experience, some sort of mmorpg would be nice.

Uruz 6
September 10th, 2006, 10:57
I'd like a mmorpg with first-person view and the chance to use swords and shields, bows or staves with the Wii controllers (ever seen Hack?) to fight monsters and other players.
With some xbox-like communicator to boost.