September 4th, 2006, 06:24
http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/2/10ebw.html

damn sad, if you ask me

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 06:27
no more crocodile hunter =/

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 06:32
omg it's real, just saw the news clip :eek:...that's crazy!

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 06:36
sad thing...well at least he died doing what he wanted to do, be in touch with nature and all but i'm wondering what's going to happen to his family =(

xuphorz
September 4th, 2006, 06:40
and according to another site, it was a instant death. at least he didn't suffer

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 06:44
Well when you toy with death every single day of your life you are bound to die doing it sometime. It is kinda sad though.

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 07:16
I feel sad for his family, but he took these sort of risks every day and was bound to come a cropper. Still feel sad though.

NoQuarter
September 4th, 2006, 07:40
wtf! that sux!

Shilo
September 4th, 2006, 08:04
Today is turning out to be a bad day. PSmonkey leaves the homebrew scene and then the Crocadile Hunter gets killed :( :( :( :(

Kramer
September 4th, 2006, 08:25
Damn I just woke up and saw this on the news. At first i thought it was a joke but apparently a stingrays barb went straight threw his stomach that's crazy.

Crimson_Lotus
September 4th, 2006, 10:09
Errr The croc. hunter and PSPmonkey have left both on my birthday... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 10:10
Happy Birthday Crimson!!!!! :D

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 10:16
Many Happy Returns Crimson

bullhead
September 4th, 2006, 10:30
Damn I just woke up and saw this on the news. At first i thought it was a joke but apparently a stingrays barb went straight threw his stomach that's crazy.

Through his chest. Quite upsetting to say the least.

I recon the jokes will begin to emerge soon enough.

GobboFett
September 4th, 2006, 10:41
Jeez, the Sting Ray's barb punctured his heart? That sure is a painful way to die. It is a very sad day indeed :(

bullhead
September 4th, 2006, 11:37
Apparantly he died instantly and did not feel a thing.

SSaxdude
September 4th, 2006, 16:31
This reminds me of the movie Grizzly Man, a true story about a grizzly bear expert who was killed by a grizzly bear.

Apoklepz
September 4th, 2006, 16:32
Poor guy...such a great guy, too.
May he rest in piece.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 4th, 2006, 17:10
Apokoleps....The word is "Peace". Jeez. I've never Naz'd on around death...

May he rest in PEACE.

Kramer
September 4th, 2006, 17:13
yere rets in peice steve

Accordion
September 4th, 2006, 17:26
…big shock
such a shame

V3N0M
September 4th, 2006, 17:28
OMG i checked CNN its real.....

V3N0M
September 4th, 2006, 17:35
I guess when you knock on the Devils doorstep long enough, Sooner or later someone is going to answer. Man I thought that guy would never die... God i feel so bad for his wife and 2 young children... This weekend is sure turning out to be a crapy one...

bullhead
September 4th, 2006, 18:05
It is a terrible thing to loose your dad... That poor family.

Hawq
September 4th, 2006, 18:19
Apparantly it while getting footage for a show his daughter was going to present and according to this news (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20353985-2,00.html) the stingrays just caught his attention

STEVE Irwin made the fatal decision to interrupt his normal filming schedule yesterday morning when a large group of stingrays captured his attention.

"He was shooting a number of segments and taking the opportunity to gather whatever material he could," film crew member Peter West said last night.

"He noticed there were an abundance of stingrays so he decided to do a segment on those."

ExcruciationX
September 4th, 2006, 18:21
I don't believe it! At least he died doing what he enjoyed... :(

Kramer
September 4th, 2006, 18:23
Yep he was getting footage for his daughter Bindy.

Shadowblind
September 4th, 2006, 18:36
I have a new-found hate for stingrays

Shadowblind
September 4th, 2006, 18:36
I have a new-found hate for stingrays

that was wierd. a double post with one press?

The Hombrew Hunter
September 4th, 2006, 20:09
I can't even believe it.

"The Crocodile Hunter" was the base for "The Hom(e)brew Hunter".

It's so sad...

Dull Blade
September 4th, 2006, 20:10
really dead. wow i thought that guy was invincible, with like 10+ years of handeling deadly animals, it a wrather big shock.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 20:21
wow Hombrew i just realized i've been speeling ur name wrong the whole time lmao, and u haven't mentioned anything to me(that i saw)...was the grammar nazi sleeping on the job? :)

stotheamuel
September 5th, 2006, 00:30
I expected this... It's quite ironic.. well I never liked the guy and thought he was a psychopath for having his baby while feeding a crocodile... sorry for the family though..

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 5th, 2006, 01:04
he was awesome. i cant believe it, it was not a painless death either, it went through his chest, to his heart, and he was alive for the whole night

Hawq
September 5th, 2006, 18:33
All the reports were it was almost instant death, has some news stuff come out?

Shilo
September 5th, 2006, 23:30
My grandma said that on the news (guess it is Fox News since she always watches that) that on the video when the sting-ray struck him, he ripped out the barbs. So, I guess he didn't die a quick painless death after all :( :( :( :(

xuphorz
September 6th, 2006, 04:51
ain't it weird that how rarely i post nowadays, that i make this topic?

Kramer
September 6th, 2006, 05:28
My grandma said that on the news (guess it is Fox News since she always watches that) that on the video when the sting-ray struck him, he ripped out the barbs. So, I guess he didn't die a quick painless death after all :( :( :( :(

Yep that's true. But he died right after that.

Apoklepz
September 6th, 2006, 07:01
I just watched a tribute in his honor in the Larry King show, and they showed a stingray barb with equal size to what went through his chest...ouch, that must've hurt at least for a couple of minutes...painless death my ass...poor guy.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 6th, 2006, 10:41
psychopath.

Purely based on your avatar I'd say your 1 to talk about pschos big chief..

My grandma said that on the news (guess it is Fox News since she always watches that) that on the video when the sting-ray struck him, he ripped out the barbs. So, I guess he didn't die a quick painless death after all

Yeah I found out from the FNC ticker myself. But you say he still had enough fight left in him to pull the barb out? What a fighter. I diddn't always agree with him, I found him at times to be redneckish and idiotic, but now I respect him. Its always hard to see people like him meet their demise since they make us seem so fragile. He truly was zoology's Evel.