PDA

View Full Version : David Perry developing iPad game

wraggster
November 15th, 2010, 22:38
Shiny Entertainment founder and long-standing games industry veteran David Perry is working on a new game for iPad.

Not to be confused with Dave 'Games Animal' Perry of GamesMaster fame, this is the David Perry that invented Earthworm Jim, co-founded the cloud gaming service Gaikai, and presumably doesn't cry like a girl when he loses at a video game.

Speaking with Develop, Perry revealed he's working with a European developer on the new unnamed game as a side-project, while he continues work on Gaikai.

"The game project is perfect fit for me because I don't have to do it every day," he said. "Actually, me and the team tend to meet up at trade shows, huddle together, and talk about the design."

Perry held back on revealing any details on the game, even leaving the developer unannounced, saying only that it's being built on the Unity platform and that it "looks like no other iPad game".

While Perry's been out of development for a while, he says he still has a great interest in making games. "It's a bit like when you're watching a movie and you think 'I wish that scene went more like this'. You can't help it some times. That's often how I feel when I'm playing games. So I'm not giving up on development," he said.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=275790?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS