PDA

View Full Version : Metal Slug Anthology Preview

wraggster
September 4th, 2006, 18:49
Heres an excerpt:

We've already gone muzzle to muzzle with Metal Slug Anthology, when the game hit PSP booths at this year's E3 (may it rest in peace). However, SNK Playmore is currently putting the finishing touches to its tenth anniversary collection and we've been twiddling our nostalgia diodes from the comfort and relative safety of the IGN UK office.

Metal Slug Anthology gathers the first six entries in the classic series - that's 1, 2, X, 3, 4 and 5, for your notes (with 6 heading to PS2 independently later this year) - and attempts to weave them into an intoxicating miasma of portable blasting fun. Given the collection's status as anniversary fodder, obviously top of most fans' list of questions is just how good a job's been done with port from Neo Geo originals to PSP.

Well, we summoned our friendly, bearded Metal Slug expert, posing the question, "You man! Man in the chair! Is THIS what you want from your game?" Rather than offering any kind of direct response though, our knowledge-riddled pal squealed and clapped in delight the second he'd powered up the PSP. The reason for his outburst? SNK has used the Japanese originals as the source for their porting prowess - that means blood, blood and more blood, lovingly rendered in quirky cartoon-o-vision.

Full preview at IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/730/730403p1.html)

Basil Zero
September 4th, 2006, 20:03
Awesome all the classic and latest Metal Slug games in one, gonna get this one!!!

Veskgar
September 4th, 2006, 20:22
Yes this will surely be a treat. A great value too! I'm not a huge Metal Slug fan but I do appreciate them and really enjoy the retro gameplay.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 5th, 2006, 20:31
very good indeed, i think i might get it!!:D