PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer Installer Released

wraggster
September 4th, 2006, 18:55
DickyDick1969 has released an installer version of his Streaming Video application for the PSP, this is for newcomers and those less experianced.

Download Here (http://pimpware.pspstart.de/)

kcajblue
September 4th, 2006, 19:00
the link doesnt work.
EDIT: nevermind. it works now. :D

drew4237
September 4th, 2006, 19:37
how hard is it to download this and change the ip in the config file to ur pc ip and then run the windows program. i had this working on the first try

kcajblue
September 4th, 2006, 20:04
this is a great app. :D

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 20:09
call me an idiot but this thing isnt working. the installer downloads i install it, but for some reason an error occurs during psp install, im not doing anything wrong, it says it found my psp as g, but an error pops up about the installer not being able to find some file or something.

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 20:12
lol nevermind found my problem

apparently it thinks my ipod is my psp

woops

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 20:24
urg im sorry but now i have ANOTHER problem

it wont connect to my network correctly. all other programs do, this one doesnt seem to want to, im getting null null

what the hell

Festizzio
September 4th, 2006, 20:44
Cool, now maybe I'll be able to test this out. :D

Edit: Just installed it, now I too am getting the "(null):(null)" error. Anyone know what this means?

scarph
September 5th, 2006, 00:52
someone help ussss

nightwinn
September 6th, 2006, 10:30
By the sound of things, it seems this "easier" way is actually harder than the normal way. Just change the ip address(s) in the pmp.ini file that is located in the install directory in psp/game.
Here is how it should look:

[stream]

debug = 0;
pimpserver_1 = 192.168.1.303:3333;
pimpserver_2 = 192.168.1.8:3333;

Make sure you put in the ip address(s) of the computer(s) streaming the media. Some people assign a static address to a computer. Keep the 3333 part. Then run the pimpstreamer.exe file in the windoze folder. Once in the program on the PC side, you can browse for other directories and add them. I tend to just leave it at C drive. That's pretty much it. I think you can handle the rest.

Just a reminder. Be sure to set up your wireless network settings in the xmb.