PDA

View Full Version : PSX-P Beta 3 The Playstation Emulator for the PSP - Latest Video

wraggster
September 4th, 2006, 20:52
Yoshihiro has has stuck on Youtube the latest video of his Playstation emulator for the PSP which is now at Private Beta 3.

Check out the Video Here -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ok-RoXM7Tc&eurl=

Tell us what you think when you have watched it :)

weirdelf
September 4th, 2006, 21:00
Looks good apart from problem with screen size

Gene
September 4th, 2006, 21:04
a bit on the slow side but what the hell, keep up the fantastic work Yoshi

brainpan
September 4th, 2006, 21:04
It looks pretty damn slow so I'm sure it's legit. Anyone know what game that was? Good job guys.

DPyro
September 4th, 2006, 21:06
Dunno, probably Ridge Racer or something...

dagger89
September 4th, 2006, 21:10
One thing is on my mind though: The native screen size is 320x240 for psx games, the psp screen size is 480x272.... so why does the sony symbols strech so much??? it goes off the screen... y wouldnt they use native rez? obviously it would go faster than being streched...hmmm...*cough*bs*cough*

pubjoe
September 4th, 2006, 21:15
One thing is on my mind though: The native screen size is 320x240 for psx games, the psp screen size is 480x272.... so why does the sony symbols strech so much??? it goes off the screen... y wouldnt they use native rez? obviously it would go faster than being streched...hmmm...*cough*bs*cough*
The PS1 had a High-res mode

I believe that that the bios splash screen was hi-res, that's why it always looked so garish & flickery on a cheap CRT TV.

Zephyroth_drgs
September 4th, 2006, 21:15
it seems to have a very low frame rate, or is having hard times loading stuff from MS check out the indicator led of MS it keeps loading all the time

DPyro
September 4th, 2006, 21:18
Ya, he hasnt got the GPU working properly and no dynarec coded yet. Basicaly, its at the state M64 was at before its first release.

EDIT: Oh also, he's trying to load a commercial game thats why it takes so to load up the game. Take a look at other videos where he loads Public Domain games and you'll notice they load much quicker :).

Screwie5150
September 4th, 2006, 21:18
Looks like it still needs a bit more work... it took way too long for the boots to go thru... man it is a great start to something great to be....

Zion
September 4th, 2006, 21:21
great news :D

Haggisdodger
September 4th, 2006, 21:22
Very slow at the moment but also very promising. Cant wait for an official release:-)

dagger89
Ya, he hasnt got the GPU working properly and no dynarec coded yet. Basicaly, its at the state M64 was at before its first release.

EDIT: Oh also, he's trying to load a commercial game thats why it takes so to load up the game. Take a look at other videos where he loads Public Domain games and you'll notice they load much quicker :).

kk... so why does the gfx look better in the ridge racer screenshots at the lan party? they seem more like psx screen size...

AtariFreek
It Looked Like The Game Said Square...

DPyro
September 4th, 2006, 21:25
kk... so why does the gfx look better in the ridge racer screenshots at the lan party? they seem more like psx screen size...
I think different games have different resolutions, but I'm not sure about that. Maybe PSmonkey could answer this better than me :o .

migsgiz
it look gook but i rather wait for the offical ps1 emu b/c that look slow and stretch out

BL4Z3D247
ok so is there like a ETA for the first release yet? now that the downgrader is done, also it's wayyyyyy faster than PMF's demo one

muffinman
September 4th, 2006, 21:26
i dont know what it was loading but at least we know it loads true ps1 games very promising.

dagger89
September 4th, 2006, 21:28
i don't recognize any of square's games w/ that intro screen

@$n!pr: I'm 99% sure that's not true, all 30+ of my ps1 games run natively at 320x240 on my PC... all north american disks....

SSaxdude
September 4th, 2006, 21:32
Keep up the great work. I hope to play THPS2 on my PSP one day.

DPyro
September 4th, 2006, 21:35

@$n!pr: I'm 99% sure that's not true, all 30+ of my ps1 games run natively at 320x240 on my PC... all north american disks....
Nope, here are the PS1 GPU specs:

Graphics processing unit

This chip is separate to the CPU and handles all the 2D Graphics processing, which includes the transformed 3D polygons.

Features:

* Maximum of 16.7 Million Colors
* Resolutions from 256×224 to 640×480
* Adjustable frame buffer
* Unlimited Colour Lookup Tables
* Maximum of 24 Bit Color Depth
* Maximum of 4000 8×8 pixel sprites with individual scaling and rotation
* Emulation of simultaneous backgrounds (for parallax scrolling)
* Flat or Gouraud shading, and texture mapping

dagger89
September 4th, 2006, 21:38
whoops, i was wrong..... hmm, i guess all my games are 320x240, lol....at least it loads the bios... although quite slowly... I was expecting that to be a lot faster.... it's looking slightly more real, although i still have some doubts....

JD/
September 4th, 2006, 21:46
just more proof to the non believers i laugh when they have to eat their wors hahaha

blaz3d
September 4th, 2006, 21:49
cant wait for a release. . .guess ill have to :D

peace

Veskgar
September 4th, 2006, 21:53
Looks like it still needs a bit more work... it took way too long for the boots to go thru... man it is a great start to something great to be....
I agree. I am definitely against criticizing coders and developers of PSP homebrew unless it is constructive but the boot screens took way to long to load.

This may be the only PS1 EMU in development so I do have to give thanks and appreciation to all involved in trying to bring this to us.

I must point out that on that youtube page after the video ended, it showed similar videos and one was of a SONY REP showing off SONY's PS1 EMU. It looks AWESOME!. You can change the screen size with ease and you just navigate to the GAME/MEMORY STICK area on the PSP's xmb to load up the games. They don't seem to be ISO's but instead EBOOT's.

WOW, I'm actually impressed with SONY on this one. I desperately hope that with DevHook or other means, we can use SONY's PS1 EMU on 1.50 PSP's.

SteveV2
September 4th, 2006, 21:57
Down was pressed while the bios was booooooooooooooting, any reason for that?

brainpan
September 4th, 2006, 22:01
I just assumed down was pressed so that the screen wouldnt get darker or shut off being that it was a lengthy bit of time for the boot screen to load up.

Tinnus
September 4th, 2006, 22:07
I must point out that on that youtube page after the video ended, it showed similar videos and one was of a SONY REP showing off SONY's PS1 EMU. It looks AWESOME!
:rolleyes:

. You can change the screen size with ease
As if adding that to an app was hard. Especially compared to writing an emulator :p

and you just navigate to the GAME/MEMORY STICK area on the PSP's xmb to load up the games. They don't seem to be ISO's but instead EBOOT's.
More evidence that Sony will be distributing the games themselves and not enabling us to play whatever we want (well that's kinda obvious...)

WOW, I'm actually impressed with SONY on this one. I desperately hope that with DevHook or other means, we can use SONY's PS1 EMU on 1.50 PSP's.
I hoped that too, but judging from what I said above that could either not happen or co$t us.

In any case...

1) There's no proof Sony was running the game in real-time or if it was a video.

2) There's no proof it was an emulator and they didn't port it or something.

3) Even if it was a real emulator, consider that an emulator can be tweaked to hell to play a specific game, and that could be the case. Also, Sony could have taken the disassembled code from the game (since they have that right) and manually recompiled it to run on the PSP.

That occasion was just to show off. If they had a really good and functional emulator that could play ANY PS1 game at fullspeed, they would at least have shown more games running, and more likely enabling people to test-play it at some games convention.

I'm not saying they don't have an emulator, let alone they never will. But probably it's not done yet (or else they would also have released it already with some FW upgrade or whatever. They are losing money over that one).

Solidus Snake
September 4th, 2006, 22:09
It's getting much better. Great thanx to Yoshihiro :D

I hope the dream of a full Speed/Sound PSX-Emu will come true:rolleyes:

Airdevil
September 4th, 2006, 22:10
i cant wait for the day i can play parappa the rapper and abe games on my psp :)

this brings me one step closer to playing them so thank you VERY much :D

Nikolaos
September 4th, 2006, 22:17
I agree. I am definitely against criticizing coders and developers of PSP homebrew unless it is constructive but the boot screens took way to long to load.

This may be the only PS1 EMU in development so I do have to give thanks and appreciation to all involved in trying to bring this to us.

I must point out that on that youtube page after the video ended, it showed similar videos and one was of a SONY REP showing off SONY's PS1 EMU. It looks AWESOME!. You can change the screen size with ease and you just navigate to the GAME/MEMORY STICK area on the PSP's xmb to load up the games. They don't seem to be ISO's but instead EBOOT's.

Whats the worst that can happen? , if 2.71+ is required a new eloader is soon to be released so than its all good in the neighborhood :) id definatly upgrade if needed for psx emu.. hands down.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 22:23
well i'll wait for Yoshi to finish his emu(even if it takes forever) before i upgrade to use $ony's PS1 emu

mavsman4457
September 4th, 2006, 22:23
Whats the worst that can happen? , if 2.71+ is required a new eloader is soon to be released so than its all good in the neighborhood :) id definatly upgrade if needed for psx emu.. hands down.

That's a mistake. Plain and simple. I'll provide reasons if wanted.

Nikolaos
September 4th, 2006, 22:27
That's a mistake. Plain and simple. I'll provide reasons if wanted.

Actually your right, how dare I say the word 'uprade' in my PSPs presence. *Pats* PSP, I am sorry :(

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 22:41
Wow just another video to proove to the world that the emulator exsist =O

gamesquest1
September 4th, 2006, 22:42
just more proof to the non believers i laugh when they have to eat their wors hahaha
HAHAHA has any one noticed the sudden change in screen output suddenly is all big again and not a square in the cornerso its been stretched to psp screen size then made into a small square now its to big to fit on the screen cant they make there minds up or are the jus pissin about trying new stuff whith there video editor software :P as many people who speculat say i hope it real but still seems fishey

Alucard
September 4th, 2006, 22:51
It's good to see this, because it let's us know what to expect.

First off, I wouldn't expect to see a full speed emu for a long time. This looks very promising, but it also looks like a lot of work still needs to be done.

I really think what will happen is that the Sony PS1 Emu will cracked, and this project may eventually be dropped. In either case, this is great that Yoshi has actually released screenshots to show where he is.

As for the comments on Sony not letting us play all the games we want through their emulator. I want you to think about emus for a second.

It's not that Sony won't allow you, they probably will only allow games that works on that versions emulator. I think it will be similar to the how emus are released right now.

Sony's emu will definately not be a final, and hence will not play all games. They will continue to work on it, until they get the games they want to work.

It's not that they will be limiting you. They will just focus on getting their more popular games to play. Since Ridge Racer is a 1st generation title, it is most likely the easiest to emulate. At the same time, it was a hot seller.

S34MU5
September 4th, 2006, 22:57
get the screen fixed and the speed up and its all good. what file are the psp games saved as?
cant wait!!!

Tinnus
September 4th, 2006, 23:03
OK, people can live in dreamland and think Sony will let you play games in their PS1 emulator for free...

Well I don't :D

Veskgar
September 4th, 2006, 23:10
That occasion was just to show off. If they had a really good and functional emulator that could play ANY PS1 game at fullspeed, they would at least have shown more games running, and more likely enabling people to test-play it at some games convention.
Point well taken - I admit when I see things like that I just assume its all good to go. It is true that you can't judge a book by its cover and believe everything you see.

Without getting into homebrew vs. Sony, my position with SONY on PS1 emulation is that it is a worthy service. If SONY doesn't charge a ridiculous amount for downloads and their Emulator works PERFECT, they deserve credit for that and to make a little profit. When we are talking about 10-20 year old games on older consoles, I can deal with minor slowdown or using frameskip, etc. But when you are talking about more complex PS1 games, I don't want to be dealing with slow speeds and having to tweak the settings to hell just to make a game somewhat playable.

FULL SPEED, FULLY COMPATIBLE, HASSLE-FREE PS1 EMULATION with HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of GAME DOWNLOADS AVAILABLE AT A CHEAP COST IS A GREAT SERVICE AND VALUE to ANY PSP OWNER.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as avid as they come when it comes to supporting PSP homebrew. I just would like to see SONY come through for once. Don't we deserve that after all of their Bull$hit?

And it can't go without saying that this should have been available on the PSP's launch or shortly thereafter. Broadband was widely available in 2005. 1GB PRO Duo memory sticks were available, and the PSP did always have that GAME section in its menu. Because it is only now being unveiled makes it obvious that SONY is trying to capitalize on PSP emulation AFTER seeing how popular it became in the homebrew scene when they should have supported it from the start. SONY's business model for the PSP in terms of services & functionality as well as product expansion were clearly flawed and/or poorly laid out. Looking back, the PSP was obviously rushed to market with only the hardware being complete and sometimes not even with buttons sticking & dead pixels on many LCD screens. Firmware updates would have helped more if 75% of the updates were used for ADDING cool features and improvements instead of security patches which inadvertently made the PSP LESS functional. Its undeniable that SONY has focused way too much effort into trying to stomp out homebrew only to be beaten at their own game many times over by the large pool of talent within this great hombrew community of ours.

WOW! sorry for the novel guys, I'm just very passionate about my PSP and this great homebrew community that has evolved. By typing what I think SONY has done wrong, I get reminded about what gives me the most enjoyment out of my PSP. And that is HOMEBREW and the PSP homebrew scene.

THE END............... LOL

Anger
September 4th, 2006, 23:13
i guess i owe him an apology.
he really shouldnt have said he would release info on a set date especially when its not ready yet.

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 23:16
Man, I can't wait for a release... :)

pkmaximum
September 4th, 2006, 23:17
I can't wait guys this video shows so much proof about this emulator being real its not even funny =O !! I mean wow, a video with unreasonalble video scaling (resolution) this makes me so happy!! No release date, no binary, and no proof, but what the hel I have a ton of hope that this emulator is real. And you are all fools if you believe this is fake =O

Can't you guys absorb the realness of the video I mean its like its almost not a real emulator. Taht is how good this is going to be. He Yoshi rocks!! I can't wait until he gives us another reason on why he can't release the emulator. :eek:

Accordion
September 4th, 2006, 23:27
I can't wait guys this video shows so much proof about this emulator being real its not even funny =O !! I mean wow, a video with unreasonalble video scaling (resolution) this makes me so happy!! No release date, no binary, and no proof, but what the hel I have a ton of hope that this emulator is real. And you are all fools if you believe this is fake =O

Can't you guys absorb the realness of the video I mean its like its almost not a real emulator. Taht is how good this is going to be. He Yoshi rocks!! I can't wait until he gives us another reason on why he can't release the emulator. :eek:

idiot

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 23:28
Oh boy. A flame war could start at any minute! :eek:

smoky
September 5th, 2006, 00:02
Congrats on the update ! Keep up the good work! Everyone is rooting for a PSX before sony! :D

Video_freak
September 5th, 2006, 00:04
Congrats on the update ! Keep up the good work! Everyone is rooting for a PSX before sony! :D
Even after would be fine. :)

Shiaoran
September 5th, 2006, 00:16
Looks fake...
I could make that video easily.
Does it show where he boots it from, if it's from the video menu or the game menu?
Does it shows any interaction of the controls?

I say it's a fake untill otherwize is proven.

LAW666
September 5th, 2006, 00:19
Looks fake...
Does it show where he boots it from, if it's from the video menu or the game menu?

yeah, it would be very easy to just play a video of it on the psp, but i hope its real cos i wanna play some psx games on my psp!:)

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 00:21
Looks fake...

This is to show off the bios boot. There are other videos that show him actually using the controls.

self0
September 5th, 2006, 00:38
this is "made" by yoshiro? LOL another scam?

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 00:40
idiot

Do you honestly think I care what you have to say?

samidgley
September 5th, 2006, 00:51
Why do people suddenly want to be the first to say things are fake or not? It seems ridiculous to me, espcially when it's a release from a coder such as Yoshi who has proven himself on numerous occasions.

Urameshi
September 5th, 2006, 00:55
People are so easily fooled.

Tinnus
September 5th, 2006, 01:24
Um... I'm not sure why people don't believe that, and keep the hard opinion. If it were running the FF9 Madeen summon fullspeed, I'd doubt it (since it's a first work). But what's shown in this video is stupidly easy to get going. The PSP can technically emulate the PS1 fullspeed, and this one is far from that...

It's just a matter of geting PCSX code and some open plugins. And since they got PMF's code, it already had some work on it.

I *do* believe it's real. Actually I believe more in this one that the one Sony is showing in that video running Ridge Racer...

Video_freak
September 5th, 2006, 01:28
Man, I really hope this is real... :(

gangsta_psp
September 5th, 2006, 01:31
Um... I'm not sure why people don't believe that, and keep the hard opinion. If it were running the FF9 Madeen summon fullspeed, I'd doubt it (since it's a first work). But what's shown in this video is stupidly easy to get going. The PSP can technically emulate the PS1 fullspeed, and this one is far from that...

It's just a matter of geting PCSX code and some open plugins. And since they got PMF's code, it already had some work on it.

I *do* believe it's real. Actually I believe more in this one that the one Sony is showing in that video running Ridge Racer...
^Same^

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 01:44
Ya pkmaximum is just being stupid. If he starts trolling I'll be issuing warnings like you wouldnt believe.

publicprivates
September 5th, 2006, 01:46
man, i can taste hot wheels for psx on my tongue. it tastes so good. so close...

FOL
September 5th, 2006, 01:48
I wouldnt even worry, cause $ONY will take him to court, like they done with Bleem, then they bought out Connectix. They will never let the chance of $ going down the drain cause some releases a free emulator.

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 01:50
Geez people I'm a horrible person because I don't have a ton of faith into something is real. And I really don't care who thinks I'm stupid or not. Snipr if you have a problem with me then I really don't care. Banned me, I'm not going to sit at home and cry because you have your heart devoted into something being real. Believe me I want this to be real as the rest of you, but we all heard things from the horses mouth before Snipr. Its great how you went and gathered the information, but this really doesn't meen anything, and a person in any emulation forum would say the same thing. It makes no sense on how so many people believe this is real. What does it mean to you people that Yoshi has lied to us before. I'm no troll and I don't plan on being one any time soon ;) But, it wouldn't be hard for me to just make a video like this and then say its a work in progress. And just because it sux in speed doesn't mean that its real. The hard coded final fantasy VII emu that was supposed to be released too. Well that was also slow as dirt the coder behind it said. And no it didn't get released, in fact he said that he was going to pass on the sources to another person. This means nothing to anyone. Look Snipr I have great respect for you, but if you call me stupid I really don't give a dam! I have never called one person stupid, or anything bad in this forum before... and supposely the great Snipr has the right to do it. Moderation in this forum rocks!

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 01:56
I said your being stupid, not YOU ARE STUPID :rolleyes:

And as far as I know, DCEmu has never posted emulators that ended up being fake. Its always been another popular site ;) thats posted news thats ended up being fake.

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 02:01
Actually Snipr that is were you are wrong, that hard coded Final Fantasy VII emulator hit the front page of dcemu before. Even though Wraggster said treat this as a rumour until its released, it still hit the front page of dcemu and was declared fake 2 days later.

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 02:03
Yes, but QJ was the ones to originally post the story.

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 02:04
Actually I don't believe QJ posted the story on the hard coded FFVII emulator only the hard coded Ultra HLE N64 emulator.

porchemasi
September 5th, 2006, 02:10
All i ask is a fully playable or min 25 fps FF7 :)

Tinnus
September 5th, 2006, 02:15
I wouldnt even worry, cause $ONY will take him to court, like they done with Bleem, then they bought out Connectix. They will never let the chance of $ going down the drain cause some releases a free emulator.
Sony simply can NOT take someone to court over doing a PS1 emulator as long as the person doesn't use/distribute any copyrighted material.

Even if it did, nothing can stop the emulator once it's released. Not in the age of Rapidshare and torrents :p

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 02:20
Wasn't Ultra HLE taken to court by Nintendo though once it was released? I do believe there is always a way to take someone to court if you are trying to emulate their hardware, but usually that never works out. But in some cases I do believe when a PSX emulator was first being developed SONY stompped on the creators making it and gave them a unbelievable hard time, until the project was just dropped.

Veskgar
September 5th, 2006, 02:32
Nothing can stop the emulator once it's released. Not in the age of Rapidshare and torrents :p
Amen to that!

Also, what I have learned from Exophase and the incredible gpSP is that you just never know what will be released and when. Game Boy Advance Emulation was said to be impossible on the PSP at FULL SPEED, but then came his awesome work out of nowhere. Perhaps a lot of coders want to avoid speculation, debate, bickering, criticism, etc.

We know PS1 Emulation is possible. Now it is just a matter of time. Updates via WIP news & videos are a nice tease but I think a better tactic is to release a beta and start harvesting feedback on bugs, compatibility, etc.

Cooe14
September 5th, 2006, 02:34
I 100% agree with pkmaximum.

Alucard
September 5th, 2006, 02:35
Hey Tinnus,

Just read back, I never meant Sony would allow us to play any of of our games for free. I don't think free exists in Sony's vocabulary. I thought you meant that Sony will not have an emu available for all games available.

I also meant that if Sony releases a full emu, it will be only a matter of time till it is pirated (legal or not). It would be nice to have a free version that is not illegal though, so I wish Yoshi and company luck.

Also, any company can take anyone to court. All that happens is that it is tied up in the court system forever. The person being sued goes broke and is incredibly overstressed because of the whole thing regardless if they still legally could have released it. That was pretty much what happened to Bleem.

Lastly, you are right about nothing being able to stop something once it is released. However, more likely then not any first release would not be 100%, so the down part would be that not all games would play.

Tinnus
September 5th, 2006, 02:43
That's why I don't think it's good to release/announce something WIP.

Or... let them be the bait for us to see how far can Sony go :rolleyes:

In any case the guys are french. How would that work out? Would them be sued by Sony France? Under french/european law? And in that case, what laws would apply? Would Sony france/Europe have any legal backup in the european laws?

Complicated. But I think Sony should know it can't stop them or anyone.

Taking a company to court (like Bleem and CrimsonFire, GBA incident, GambitStudios, GBC incident) is something. There's bigger stuff involved.

Trying to get a french individual to court over coding something FREE? First, they would send a C&D letter to him. So what? He releases the code and someone else picks up. He could even continue developing it and release anonymously.

It's the difference between hunting dinosaurs in an open field or ants in a box full of sand.

ACID
September 5th, 2006, 05:39
Great news im hopeing for a release soon.

BL4Z3D247
September 5th, 2006, 05:52
hey $n!pR, so u have been backing this up as well as PSmonkey...my question is has one of u seen this emu on ur psp or are u taking Yoshi's word for it? cuz i hope u have before backing this emu up so much, and if u two have personally seen this emu(even if its just running a demo at low fps) on ur psp i will have a more positive look on this but if not u shouldn't back something up with out seeing it working in front of ur face(this is how people get labeled as a fake or a liar)

ACID
September 5th, 2006, 05:54
i agree with you blaze

razorak
September 5th, 2006, 05:55
oh man..i hope this is real + 2.X support as always...lol

rehbock
September 5th, 2006, 05:57
That's why I don't think it's good to release/announce something WIP.

Or... let them be the bait for us to see how far can Sony go :rolleyes:

In any case the guys are french. How would that work out? Would them be sued by Sony France? Under french/european law? And in that case, what laws would apply? Would Sony france/Europe have any legal backup in the european laws?

Complicated. But I think Sony should know it can't stop them or anyone.

Taking a company to court (like Bleem and CrimsonFire, GBA incident, GambitStudios, GBC incident) is something. There's bigger stuff involved.

Trying to get a french individual to court over coding something FREE? First, they would send a C&D letter to him. So what? He releases the code and someone else picks up. He could even continue developing it and release anonymously.

It's the difference between hunting dinosaurs in an open field or ants in a box full of sand.

Its a greyzone here in europa if they dont include any bios Sony cant sue them because they didnt make anything illegal.
But i stopped believe of a realese since i saw a nickname in the devlop group "Yoshihiro" <.<

BL4Z3D247
September 5th, 2006, 05:58
i agree with you blaze
thanx Acid :)

Mr. Shizzy
September 5th, 2006, 06:00
I'm sure hoping this is real. I got a feeling it probably is. Hopefully there's some sort of release soon.

nyrtrublue
September 5th, 2006, 06:08
this is "made" by yoshiro? LOL another scam?

Yoshi is no scammer he is a proven coder just because your a waste of life doesnt mean you should flame people with talent.

keep up the great work Yoshis show all these haters how moronic they are being.

NeoXCS
September 5th, 2006, 06:11
If this is real I'm excited, looks promising enough. And I think if Sony has a good cheap download service for the games, it will have some sort of protection. I hope it has a way to make what you download only specifically playable on your own psp, we dont need any more pirates! :p Although it is a bummer to hafta pay for games you own already! :D

lplover2k
September 5th, 2006, 06:32

there's a lot of reason to believe this is true... it's Yoshiro's doing it and i think dark_alex and some others helping him...

Valiant
September 5th, 2006, 09:18
I think I will percieve this to be real UNTIL proven fasle. And so far there hasn't been an article that has proven this work of Yoshiro to be a mere hoax video...so I am just going to cross my fingers and hope that this is real. There isn't enough evidence anyway to deem this to be false.

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 16:09
$n!pR has a early test of the emu on his psp, he has used it himself
Uh no...but maybe soon :D

Accordion
September 5th, 2006, 16:14
to $n!pR
hmmm, you said in another thread that you had loaded Psone demos on your psp, but you couldnt actually play them yet… im going to look for the post…maybe i dreamt it…

found it in the "PSPOne ps1 emulator on psp!" thread in "Psp emulation and homebrew"

I can already play PS1 demos on my PSP :rolleyes:
when asked the framerate by brainpan, you replyed

Lol, I dunno...I cant actually DO anything with it cept run demos :D

maybe your being as sly as usual :p and are simply using pacmanfans pspsone demo from a long time ago…

DPyro
September 5th, 2006, 16:32
to $n!pR
hmmm, you said in another thread that you had loaded Psone demos on your psp, but you couldnt actually play them yet… im going to look for the post…maybe i dreamt it…

found it in the "PSPOne ps1 emulator on psp!" thread in "Psp emulation and homebrew"

when asked the framerate by brainpan, you replyed

maybe your being as sly as usual :p and are simply using pacmanfans pspsone demo from a long time ago…
Well ya, seeing as it was in the PSPSOne thread :rolleyes:

Accordion
September 5th, 2006, 16:37
damm
it was slightly misleading, it was a long time after pacmanfans release… i guess if this emu is built from pacmanfans source then i am still right in a way…
oh well.
even a slightly faster release of that test would make me happy though

Tinnus
September 5th, 2006, 17:07
Well ya, seeing as it was in the PSPSOne thread :rolleyes:
It's PSPOne that says in the title, not PSPSONE :rolleyes:

I think the author wanted to say "PSOne ps1 emulator on psp" but typo'ed.

That video was running too fast to be PSPSOne...

Accordion
September 5th, 2006, 17:19
fox

pkmaximum
September 5th, 2006, 19:44
oh man..i hope this is real + 2.X support as always...lol

Why can't you just downgrade?

hockey2112
September 5th, 2006, 20:18
...nothing can stop the emulator once it's released. Not in the age of Rapidshare and torrents :p

True indeed, but development on an emulator could theoretically be halted after an early version is released, outlawing updated versions. Perhaps this is one reason why they are waiting for a better release... in case they get shut down after releasing the first version.

EDIT: I see that you and someone else already made similar points to this a page or two ago. Guess I shot off a reply too quickly. :) Ah well...

mcvader
September 5th, 2006, 20:45
I wish they'd stop teasing us, releasing videos and all that. I would much rather be suprised by a full speed (or near) release like gpSP that just appeared out the blue, building all this hype for something we can't use seems a little $onyish, and what in the name of zeus happened to that psx emu that was supposed to be released on september 1st? (the one with tekken 2 running) did I miss something?

Accordion
September 5th, 2006, 21:12
I wish they'd stop teasing us, releasing videos and all that. I would much rather be suprised by a full speed (or near) release like gpSP that just appeared out the blue, building all this hype for something we can't use seems a little $onyish, and what in the name of zeus happened to that psx emu that was supposed to be released on september 1st? (the one with tekken 2 running) did I miss something?

im glad you answered your own question, as it has also been answered many times before as well…

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 5th, 2006, 23:31
Whens the $$$ony one due ? the official one should be spot on depends what fw it is or if its a whole new one.

Urameshi
September 6th, 2006, 03:25
Ya pkmaximum is just being stupid. If he starts trolling I'll be issuing warnings like you wouldnt believe.

That would be abuse my friend. You have no grounds to warn him unless there is a rule against giving a personal opinion on if something is true or not. I as many other member can hope this is real but can you blame the ones that have a hard time believing it?

This news is just beyond too good to be true and there has been no real evidence to prove this is real or not other than a few crappy screens. People can fake screens, it's not hard. I will not accept that this is real until more than a few screens and video is shown. It's just not enough for me nor should it be enough for anyone.

DPyro
September 6th, 2006, 03:54
If he starts trolling I'll be issuing warnings

Tinnus
September 6th, 2006, 16:53
This news is just beyond too good to be true and there has been no real evidence to prove this is real or not other than a few crappy screens. People can fake screens, it's not hard. I will not accept that this is real until more than a few screens and video is shown. It's just not enough for me nor should it be enough for anyone.
For the 10th time: a PS1 emulator is not too good to be true.

A *fullspeed* one would be.

And this one is faaaaaaaaaaarrr from that. :rolleyes:

ACID
September 6th, 2006, 16:54
So any news on when we will actually get this

Alucard
September 6th, 2006, 17:10
Could we just close these posts until something is released?

pkmaximum
September 6th, 2006, 20:07
This thread should be locked right away, because nobody does hold the grounds to claim this is real with the currnet eveidence that is supported. In fact it shouldn't even be on dcemu until a proof of concept is relesed, so I think the discussion of this should be dropped. Because Snipr I really can't believe you were about to warn, me over an opinion on what I expressed. Like really man!

Tinnus
September 6th, 2006, 21:21
If this was published here the staff has reasons for believing it's indeed real, and I don't think it's up to us to judge their reasons for doing so...

pkmaximum: he wasn't about to warn you over your opinion, but the, maybe, "dangerous" way you state it at times, I believe.

aries2k4
September 6th, 2006, 22:43
For the 10th time: a PS1 emulator is not too good to be true.

A *fullspeed* one would be.

And this one is faaaaaaaaaaarrr from that. :rolleyes:

I couldn´t agree with you more:)

publicprivates
September 7th, 2006, 00:32
pkmaximum you need to shut yoour pie hole or i will teach you how to suck eggs.

BL4Z3D247
September 7th, 2006, 00:59
dude shut the f*ck up, don't start ganging up on pkmaximum...he has some valid points, just as $n!pR and everyone else does(weather they believe anything about this emu or not)

pkmaximum
September 7th, 2006, 01:00

Like right here, what kind of moderation is this I don't falme anyone, but you guys are mad at me for just expressing on how I feel about this emulator. And in worst case scenarios I get the feeling as if you think I'm hoping its fake or something. Hell ya I hope this thing is real, I mean who doesn't want PSX on their PSP's. Its just there isn't really a substantial amount of evidence here, and I don't believe discussion about this should go on, until iether someone is these forums (moderator, not a normal forum user), or Web Master, gets a build of this emulator. Because even (technically I would never say this would happen) if NJ, Laxter, etc... told us they were making a ps1 emulator there is really no proof of it. I would understand discussion about that because there past works on emulators are legit, and they never had a mark on their names before. But Yoshi has had some conflicts in the past, and its hard to interperate something like this as real, with no standard proof or anything. I have no problem with you guys all flaming me, because I don't think its good to talk about things like this.

But really I just got flamed like that, and nobody gives a dam because I'm seen as a bad guy here it almost seems like (this thread only) the only one that probaly understands what I'm talking about is Cooe

P.S. Thanks for the support blazed didn't realize you posted before me =P

JD/
September 7th, 2006, 01:06
please dont talk $hit over the internet if your gnna talk crap about people at least do it to their face.

@pkmaximum:
I see your point more clearly now im sorry if i seemed rude or anything in other threads/posts no one should get flamed over rumours or their opinions.

BL4Z3D247
September 7th, 2006, 01:13
ok well read back a couple pages and i found my answer...$n!pR has never seen this emu and neither has anyone else(most likely), so how is there any proof other than some pics and videos, and someone's "word"...sorry but it's stupid to me to have backed up a project u've never seen, that's like saying aliens are 100% real but u've never seen one

Urameshi
September 7th, 2006, 01:24

Why don't you stick your eggs back in your own mouth so you don't say anything else stupid.

Cap'n 1time
September 7th, 2006, 01:25
hooray for kindness

Wally
September 7th, 2006, 01:26
Why do people always respond to flamers...

publicprivates
September 7th, 2006, 01:27
ok sorry, i am sucking eggs

BL4Z3D247
September 7th, 2006, 01:29
to shut them up :)

Urameshi
September 7th, 2006, 01:36
ok sorry, i am sucking eggs

kthx

Alucard
September 7th, 2006, 05:25
Like right here, what kind of moderation is this I don't falme anyone, but you guys are mad at me for just expressing on how I feel about this emulator. And in worst case scenarios I get the feeling as if you think I'm hoping its fake or something. Hell ya I hope this thing is real, I mean who doesn't want PSX on their PSP's. Its just there isn't really a substantial amount of evidence here, and I don't believe discussion about this should go on, until iether someone is these forums (moderator, not a normal forum user), or Web Master, gets a build of this emulator. Because even (technically I would never say this would happen) if NJ, Laxter, etc... told us they were making a ps1 emulator there is really no proof of it. I would understand discussion about that because there past works on emulators are legit, and they never had a mark on their names before. But Yoshi has had some conflicts in the past, and its hard to interperate something like this as real, with no standard proof or anything. I have no problem with you guys all flaming me, because I don't think its good to talk about things like this.

But really I just got flamed like that, and nobody gives a dam because I'm seen as a bad guy here it almost seems like (this thread only) the only one that probaly understands what I'm talking about is Cooe

P.S. Thanks for the support blazed didn't realize you posted before me =P

I agree with you. I thought Sniper did see this. If not, I am in your boat. I really like this site, and unfortunately recently it is more interested in hits then conent. I guess this the effect of other sites who do this, who are now infecting this site.

I never thought I would see these types of arguements here. I guess there is no real safe heaven any longer on this type of stuff.

There should be special rules not announcing rumors. They do nothing but harm. Unless you get more hits to your site. But in the long run, that will effect the quality of the site.

I say close these useless threads. There are many more interesting things going on besides this, so there is no real reason to carry this conversations on. It will turn into flame wars.

Accordion
September 7th, 2006, 05:39

it is a shame, its also strange that the people who keep saying to close this thread are the people keeping it updated…
too many mis-conceptions

BL4Z3D247
September 7th, 2006, 05:55
i never said to close this thread...just for the record

Mr. Shizzy
September 9th, 2006, 16:57
Hey the way I see it, most of us are respected forum members. No sense in argueing. We all have the right to our own opinions. (Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree).
wally- I almost always respond to abnoxiuos flamers, b/c I want to send the message that that non-sence is not tolerated here. That's why I stay away from QJ (flamers). One time on QJ they flamed the guy who made "PSP Background Creator" so bad, he said he cancalled all updates to his app. What an embarresment to the PSP homebrew scene. So I guess I'm kinda the psp-news gaurd dog. Because if any noobs come on here getting rude or obnxious with coders or repected forum members, I'm flamin em' back to QJ. lol.

publicprivates
September 10th, 2006, 01:12
just wondering if they are using the JIT recompiling thingie and using zottd's emulator information, sinc ethat seems pretty well done so far.

Tinnus
September 10th, 2006, 02:21
JIT: not yet as far as I know, I think it says someone was going to work on it but didn't.

Also,

1) it's zodttd and not zottd. I don't know why people like to eat the D in his name... heh :p

2) No they're not using any of psx4all's information. Not that it could help THAT much though. In any case, the psx4all team doesn't want to get involved with PS1 on PSP emulation at all.

publicprivates
September 10th, 2006, 02:40
whoops, sorry about messing up Zodttd's name. They seem to be doing real well on the gp2x emulator right now. it gives me hope. It seems that they are able to fully emulate the systems's 2-d games at a whooping 42 frames per second on alot of games and are just optimizing for 3-d games on a 266mhz system!