PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE up and coming release NEWS

FOL
September 4th, 2006, 22:06
Hi, just to let you know what is happening with PSPUAE at present. A new release is in the works and here are the changes / improvements

Changes:

- Based on e-uae 0.8.29 WIP3
- Removed support for serial ports to gain speed
- Several optimizations to the e-uae code primarily removing stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense on the PSP
- Added cpu speed option - thanks to FOL
- Added profiling support (you cant see it as it requires a recompile)
- Fixed memory issues - 2MB Chip, 1.5MB Slow and 2.5MB Fast (PSP V1.50, Eloader PSP, Fast mem = 2MB)
- Should run using kxploit and the eloader (So V1.50 Version will also work on any V2.x+ PSP using the GTA E-Loader / EMenu)
- Fixed keyboard mappings
- Switched middle and right mouse button
- Fixed screenshot
- only displays leds for 2 drives as only 2 are enabled (will not accept 4 drives as I have disabled the last 2 for performance reasons)
- disabled debugging support (can be enabled again it doesnt really make a performance hit)
- when mapping keyboard keys to psp buttons the behaviour is to keep the key down until the psp button is released. This works great for pinball fantasies
- removed 2 drives from the disk menu
- added msg box for when no kickstart rom is present and also for when changing kickstart roms while using PSPUAE
- Saved Name States
- added msgbox warning if pspuae runs out of memory
- added 2.04 and 2.05 to the kickstart menu
- corrected bug causing pspuae1.options to not load at startup

(These may change, as its currently being tested for bugs).

I would also like to thank Ric for all his hard work on PSPUAE. Without him PSPUAE would be dead.

Some screenshots of it in action can be found at PSPUAE Homepage (http://www.pspuae.com)

I will update this thread with any updates on the up and comming release.

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 22:11
this will sure make that horace guy happy....

FOL
September 4th, 2006, 22:14
this will sure make that horace guy happy....

lol, Horace is part of the PSPUAE team, ;)

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 22:18
thought so, if you look at the thread in my sig, he rants for pages and pages about old time emulators like this

fucht017
September 4th, 2006, 22:37
The Amiga have some great adventure games...I still playing them today...I hope the sound is a bit clearer,with the next release....Thank you very much guys.:D

Hungry Horace
September 4th, 2006, 22:39
thought so, if you look at the thread in my sig, he rants for pages and pages about old time emulators like this

i talk about them because they make for enjoyable gameplaying, and the systems are an essential part of gaming history & development. Not to mention the the fact that emulators tend to be the driving force behind the entire homebrew scene.

i wouldnt go as far as to say i rant for pages and pages. you asked for some gaming recommendations - i gave you some - and you turned your nose up at them. maybe i do write long posts - but at least it's because i have something to say on the topics i talk about, rather than putting in a lot of posts which struggle to stretch to 2 lines.

i dont see you complaining if someone recommends a GBA game, but try recommending something on a system that actually affected the entire development of the scene (such as the speccy or the amiga - hell - even the c64) and you jump to the conclusion that it must be rubbish simply because it isnt new.

at the end of the day it's your loss - a lot of people appriciate seeing developments in PSP emulators - even if they are ones they dont use.

10shu
September 4th, 2006, 22:55
i talk about them because they make for enjoyable gameplaying, and the systems are an essential part of gaming history & development.

True! most of today game developer(from europe anyway) have started on the AMIGA or ATARI ST.

The Amiga500 was trully a fantastic hardware at the time... One of the first computer to bring multi-tasking

I can t wait we got fullspeed A1200 on the psp :)

thank s for all you good work.

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 22:58
well 37 people posted in a thread about saying goodbye to the makers of a snes emu. only 7 have posted in this thread about a major update to an amiga emu :)

FOL
September 4th, 2006, 23:10
well 37 people posted in a thread about saying goodbye to the makers of a snes emu. only 7 have posted in this thread about a major update to an amiga emu :)

hmmmmmm, please go away. I didnt want this thread turning into an flame war, if you aint got no interest, please do not post

Hungry Horace
September 4th, 2006, 23:19

sorry? i dont get your point? how many minutes has this thread even been here by comparisson?

in my previous post i was talking of all emulators as a whole - the SNES included - but you seem not to care for any of them at all from what i can see.

it's not a competition for "which emulator is more popular" so please dont attempt to de-rail a thread about a release that will please i am sure a great number of people, by slating it with comments such as the the one you have just made

- i see FOL has already beaten me to this last point.

@10shu - tbh i dont think the psp has the power for full-speed a1200 emulation - it's gonna take a while to get the a500 emulation up to scratch!

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 23:31
i will no longer flame

i thanked you for your opinions i just didn't play the games you wanted me to. I wanted suggestions for new games to play, when you gave me suggestions for older ones, i thanked you and passed.

scarph
September 4th, 2006, 23:35
p.s. trying to embarrass me with a quote in your sig that I'm sure 95 percent of the people on this site would agree with...is flaming in my book

thats all
thank you for your time

wraggster
September 5th, 2006, 00:41
Thanks for the Updates Fol and Horace :)

samidgley
September 5th, 2006, 00:45
djk21108, do you know you can just edit your old post?

xiringu
September 5th, 2006, 00:55
yes yes yes, I want to play my amiga games full speed!!!

c'mon!!! you can do it!! :)

FOL
September 5th, 2006, 01:00
Thanks for the Updates Fol and Horace :)

No problem, DCEMU is my most favorite PSP site. Just a shame my first news post almost turned into a war zone, lol.

Isulduir
September 5th, 2006, 01:20
Yes, thanks a bunch for the improvements to this great emulator, of a very great computer. Amiga ruled late 80's early 90's. No other machine came close to it's graphic and sound capabilities. Many fond memories of that computer are brought back by being able to play some of the games on my psp now. Thank you, thank you. Keep up the tedious work, it is very very much appreciated.

Hungry Horace
September 5th, 2006, 01:51
i can happily report i've been trying the beta of this release out tonight and it's pretty nice.

the fix of the re-triggering keyboard bug is proving a blessing for some games. (particularly one of my fave's Bloodwych) :D

please dont expect a sudden burst of zero-frameskip full-speed on this release, although there is obvious progress in the right direction. (fingers crossed it will happen one day!) Ric has clearly been working very hard on cleaning up this emulator, and we have much to thank him for.

scarph
September 5th, 2006, 01:56
good news horace

good news!!!

LazerTag
September 5th, 2006, 02:04
Can't wait to try the new version with Scortched Tanks! Love that game.

jaws365
September 5th, 2006, 02:39
Every console/computer-system I have tried has got some great games, but most crap. Personally I think the Amiga has more interessting games than SNES and NES put together, also the library is broader within game concepts.

Not that I donīt like Nintendo games, they just have a different quality. Maniac ported to NES sucks alot, Giana cloned from Super Mario Bros sucks equally, especially if you compare the versions.

Anyway, great kudos to Ric and PSPUAE team.

Kramer
September 5th, 2006, 05:48
Sounds like some good progress.
I know I will be waiting paitently for the next version.

ACID
September 5th, 2006, 05:50
Man this is great cant wait for the release

Chucky
September 5th, 2006, 09:58
This is truly great news for the PS community. I'm so glad that the PSPUAE project is active. Hope this release goes public soon.

mr_nick666
September 5th, 2006, 12:28
sorry? i dont get your point? how many minutes has this thread even been here by comparisson?

in my previous post i was talking of all emulators as a whole - the SNES included - but you seem not to care for any of them at all from what i can see.

it's not a competition for "which emulator is more popular" so please dont attempt to de-rail a thread about a release that will please i am sure a great number of people, by slating it with comments such as the the one you have just made

I never understand why people feel the need to tell us they dont like something... Its like people that watch a documentary on swearing then complain to the TV company about the language on TV! - If you dont like it then look at something else!!!! The link says PSP_UAE so theres a very real chance that if you dont like the Amoeba you might be dissappointed!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway.... Looking forward to this release - I have many fond memories of my best mates A500 :p

Livin' in the 80's! ;) (for the record I preferred the Speccy version hands down! - I probably still have the tape too!) :rolleyes: As for the quote in your sig - There has never been (and probably never will be) any games greater than the Manic Miner series!!! :p

Baboon
September 5th, 2006, 12:57
This is top news! ...I'm looking forward to having a portable A500! :D

When Lotus Esprit Challenge, The Settlers, Alien Breed, Pinball dreams and Cannon fodder are running well ( full speed without frame skipping etc) I’ll be downloading this emulator.

AMIGA POWER!

FOL
September 5th, 2006, 18:29
good news horace

good news!!!

Why oh why post, we have worked out that you arent interested, so please stop trying to bait a responce from Horace, me thinks you need another warning or a BAN!!!

FOL
September 5th, 2006, 18:30
Man this is great cant wait for the release

Acidburn, hope you will be downloading from PSPUAE site, as you had alot of hastle last when you downloaded from that spanish site, ;)

scarph
September 5th, 2006, 19:34
Why oh why post, we have worked out that you arent interested, so please stop trying to bait a responce from Horace, me thinks you need another warning or a BAN!!!

yes yes
now even congratulating is considered flaming
meh

FOL
September 5th, 2006, 19:43
yes yes
now even congratulating is considered flaming
meh

Look go away and play your Nintendo DS, and no, you werent flaming but baiting, maybe your to young to understand, look, im sick of this, go and ruin your own threads.

jaws365
September 5th, 2006, 20:21
How old is this dude anyway, or better to ask: what kinds of mental damages is he suffering from?

djk21108: not only are you spreading bad vibes in this thread, you even try to cover up for those comments which I read as pretty clear statements. Why? Yeah, unless you are a lame-ass dickhead who wants to be liked by everyone.

And also, keeping quiet about stuff you know nothing about is no shame, you actually might learn something.

brcu
September 5th, 2006, 22:30
Excellent news, keep up the good work guys :)