PDA

View Full Version : Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006- update

Darksaviour69
September 5th, 2006, 00:05
Just a small update, the donated prize money currently stands at $30

But for those that can not use paypal or have no money you can support the site by clicking the ad on the contest page! (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcgp2006.shtml) All money generated from that ad goes to the prize money fund and if you want you can bookmark it and click an ad everyday ;)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/concept1logo.png (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcgp2006.shtml)

Veskgar
September 5th, 2006, 00:28
Thanks for the update! Only $30.00 has been donated betweein the thousands or tens of thousands of hardcore homebrewers? Come on people! Show some more support. Even if it just a dollar or 2. Without these coders we would still only be looking at HELLO WORLD! on our PSP screens instead of playing Full Speed SNES, Game Boy Advance, etc.

I just went to the page and clicked on EVERY single Ad and Banner and will do so once a day, everyday.

I will also be donated $5.00 or more once I get some money into my PayPal account. (Damn slow economy)

How many thousands of members are a part of DCEMU? If most users just donated $1.00 that would be extremely helpful and not much of a burden.

I know its taboo to ask for donations or sell homebrew work but DAMN! $30.00??????? These extremely talented coders could go get a part time job at McDonalds or anywhere else and be FAR MORE financially rewarded. Its not fair if you ask me. I know a lot of coders swear they do not do it for donations but look at PSMonkey for example. I know he's not leaving the scene for good but he can't release any of his works due a GOOD PAYING job. If coders and developers were getting more financial support from the scene I bet PSP homebrew would triple the speed of its already blistering pace.

SUPPORT OUR CODERS!
SUPPORT OUR CODERS!
SUPPORT OUR CODERS!

Video_freak
September 5th, 2006, 00:31
I'll click the ads if you want... :)

pspfan
September 5th, 2006, 00:37
I have a question. For new releases of already-released programs, will they be judged on only the new things or the program overall? It seems more fair if they are only judged on the new things, and maybe get a few points from the overall program. As we all know, this same rule in the Neoflash competition has been in question since the results got out, so I think it would be smart to get out the judges answer NOW rather than after it ends.

Junixx
September 5th, 2006, 00:45
I clicked the ads because i cant donate

skater9269
September 5th, 2006, 00:48
When will the money count be updated(btw switch proxy is fun)lol

Darksaviour69
September 5th, 2006, 00:51
I have a question. For new releases of already-released programs, will they be judged on only the new things or the program overall? It seems more fair if they are only judged on the new things, and maybe get a few points from the overall program. As we all know, this same rule in the Neoflash competition has been in question since the results got out, so I think it would be smart to get out the judges answer NOW rather than after it ends.

good point, i would agree with out "a few points from the overall program" but mostly from the updates for the contest

i'll bring that up with wraggs

When will the money count be updated(btw switch proxy is fun)lol

i'll try to update everyday ;)

smoky
September 5th, 2006, 00:57
Clicked on the ads and donated 1 dollar ;D

wraggster
September 5th, 2006, 01:03

I agree on already released programs it should be whats new in that program that counts.

Having looked at other comps we want to avoid any problems they had.

Trying to be as fair as possible is what i want.

aries2k4
September 5th, 2006, 02:11
you can count on my clicks everyday.

GBAJAY
September 5th, 2006, 17:37
I can mail a money order, got a P.O box if your not comftorable giving an address?..

Im rooting for Unai, ZodTTD, Chui, and Tinnus. So they can continue with the psx4allgp2x development...

Anyhow ill continue clicking, if you have an adress I will gladly send a money order.

Darksaviour69
September 5th, 2006, 17:50
seems to be a problem with the ads ( you guys are clicking it too much ;) ) hopefully it will fix its self, but we got $1.14 before it stop working ;)

yeah i'm sure we can sort out a money order, i'll chat to the other staff about it

is the ad only showing dcemu.co.uk for anyone else?

Darksaviour69
September 6th, 2006, 12:05
ok, the ad stop working so i replaced it, click away ;)