PDA

View Full Version : FATSort v1.0.4

wraggster
September 4th, 2006, 23:43
FATSort (http://hem.passagen.se/chsw/FATSort.html) is the successor to NexSort. The main difference between the two programs is that FATSort operates directly on the FAT of the drive. The FAT is the part of a disk which holds information of the files and folders on the disk.

FATSort is designed to change the order of the files on the disk. This is useful when a device lists the files on the drive without sorting them by any own criteria. Then the files will be listed in the same order as they were copied to the disk.

This program is especially designed for use with portable mp3-players, such as NEX II from Froniter Labs. Just mount the compact flash which holds your music-files and press start. Within seconds the operation is done and the files will be shown in the order you want on the player display.

Files will be reordered in one of three choices: Alphabetical order, Play list order or random order. Folders will be reordered in either alphabetical order or in random order.

The system requirements will be "discovered" when the program is done. It will probably only work in Windows 2000 though.

Also note that this program operates directly on the FAT of a drive. Any malfunction of this program may destroy any files on your disc.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

jamesgloucester
September 5th, 2006, 00:40
Why are all the DS website only just picking up on this program? I've been using it for ages on my G6 Lite.

Still, good program though, at least others will know about it.

zanysmash
September 5th, 2006, 07:03
does this work on sclite? :confused:
i'd like to give it a try but i don't want to lose or corrupt files...

iball
September 5th, 2006, 08:56
I've used it about ONCE.
Another way around this is to move everything off the cart onto your hard drive and then copy it all back after you've sorted it in alphabetical order.
Then it's sorted right with no need for another program.

zanysmash
September 5th, 2006, 11:39
I've used it about ONCE.
Another way around this is to move everything off the cart onto your hard drive and then copy it all back after you've sorted it in alphabetical order.
Then it's sorted right with no need for another program.

Sorry but I think this method is way too long... :p

Each time you want to add a new file, you'll have to transfert everything you had on your flashcart.

miner2049er
September 5th, 2006, 22:40
A known issue with FATsort is that it will corrupt long filenames, so

Super Mario World.gba

can become

SUPERM~1.GBA

That will obviously stop your saves working.

tondopie
September 19th, 2006, 23:32
I afraid it might break my preasus Dock can some body see if it works

iball
September 20th, 2006, 08:13
I afraid it might break my preasus Dock can some body see if it works
Can you please stop bumping old threads like this?
Not all homebrew is going to work with that glorious hunk-of-junk Datel calls the "Max Media Dock".
Go buy a REAL flashcart.