PDA

View Full Version : Loco Roco US ver.

wraggster
September 5th, 2006, 06:38
The US version of Locoroco in on preorder and coming in 3 days atSuccessUK (http://www.superufo.com/?aff_id=24)

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-loco-roco-u-L.jpg

LocoRoco plunges you into a colourful world where jelly-like creatures (LocoRoco) sing, roll and bounce their way through levels to reach their goals. Guide your LocoRoco through the various worlds using a simple tilting and bouncing gameplay mechanic -?using the PSP system's Left and Right shoulder buttons to tilt the ground up to about 30 degrees in either direction. The jelly-like LocoRoco don't stay still -- guide these little characters as they bounce, roll and jump their way to the goal, avoiding splinters and enemies.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-loco-roco-u-X2.jpg

ACID
September 5th, 2006, 06:44
Nice i importet mine its a very good game different but good

Chackan
September 5th, 2006, 07:37
I've already bought mine, i'm from Portugal so it's been out here for a while.

REally good good game! One of the best i've ever played!

Hexx
September 5th, 2006, 07:45
it was this damn demo that made me upgrade my psp to fw 2.71 (until yesterday it was still 2.71 hellyeah!), anywho i am in south africa and the game has been in stores here 4 months!

YourStillWithMe
September 5th, 2006, 07:45
I dont see the point in this game at all. It looks like its for 5 year olds, and 5 year olds shouldnt even own a psp due to the amount of care you need to have for the system and how complicated it would be for a young one to learn how to transfer media onto the psp, drag it to the folders, etc etc.

I'm not 5 and sony needs to spend some time on SOME GOOD GAMES and stop making crap

Broonale
September 5th, 2006, 07:56
This game is highly addictive!

My son and I play it a lot!

It's the only PSP game that I enjoy.
Everything else is emulation.

Hexx
September 5th, 2006, 08:00
diffrent strokes for different folks, i personally think it is nice that sony caters for the young, the restless, etc, etc. i think that it just shows the quality of the psp! damn i think if a game would come out where you do sewing and knitting my grandmother would own a psp!

Broonale
September 5th, 2006, 08:27
Sewing Bee on PSP!

You just may have something there! :p

donne
September 5th, 2006, 08:42
Or a fishing game.. Is there any good fishing games for PSP ?

Kramer
September 5th, 2006, 08:54
Or a fishing game.. Is there any good fishing games for PSP ?

Theres a fishing game out called Rapala Trophies but I dont know if it's any good.

bah
September 5th, 2006, 09:17
Mario has the gfx and gameplay of a kids game yet new super mario bros is very popular with adults, granted most of us grew up with the nes/snes as kids.
Maby it doesnt look cool to take to school with you, I dont think 'portable game console' is high on too many females checklist for a guy, however youve got more chance of getting females interested in the thing with locoroco than GTA etc.

Just because its got a cutesy look to it doesnt mean it cant be appealing to people other than kids, playing the game just makes me smile sometimes.

Its got that classic japanese made game ability to make no sence whatsoever to westerners (me anyway) on paper, but when i pick it up and play it I love the japanese game devs ability to think outside the box.

Dont get me wrong, I love FPS etc but the psp really cant match my pc in terms of controll or gfx power and its nice when a game comes out that just wouldnt really work on that setup, despite how I would normally consider it a superior platform.

Facho
September 5th, 2006, 09:47
It's the most addictive game I ever played on my PSP

pibs
September 5th, 2006, 09:53
does it require fw2.8?

bah
September 5th, 2006, 10:27
does it require fw2.8?

My copy runs fine under devhook emulated 2.71.
Its been out in Australia for a while now, sony might have snuck in 2.8 for the US release though....

nielsss
September 5th, 2006, 11:05
this game has been out for ages and i already finished it and i think it sucks cuz it is really for young people...no offense

Nikolaos
September 5th, 2006, 12:06
I love the demo lol.. i think i love it so much ima stick with it :) tnx for free game sony >.> suckers!

Edshugeo
September 5th, 2006, 12:44
This is the kind of game Sony and it's third parties should be making more of; fun, simple, addictive, and perfect for playing on the go. I hope it sells better here than in Japan. I bought it (mail order) without even knowing if it'll play on my 1.5. If not, I can still "ahem" play the Euro version.

ovrlord
September 5th, 2006, 13:48
not my kind of game (not one id pay for anyway)
i think this is one of those games u either like or you dont

LAW666
September 5th, 2006, 13:51
yeah its been out here in the UK for ages, its a badass game, reminds me of a 2d mercury kindof thing.
i got a free demo when i bought a game from play.com
:D

partyman
September 5th, 2006, 14:44
For the "Oh it just looks like a game for 5 year olds" crowd, this is the best game on the PSP. perod.

segis666
September 5th, 2006, 15:20
I really like this game, always put a smile on my face ^___^ :D

jimjamjahaa
September 5th, 2006, 16:16
it is the happiest game in the world. ever.

QueadlunnRau
September 5th, 2006, 16:57
Wow lots of positive replies on this game ... I must get it now. ^_^

YourStillWithMe
September 6th, 2006, 02:01
partyman-Negative.
Fight Night Round 3,
Tiger Woods (launch title) or
Lumines (Another launch title)

M!ckeY
September 6th, 2006, 04:02
look it made me happy --->:) i'm going to get this game

donne
September 6th, 2006, 07:53
Chocolate makes me happy too and now look what it's done to my weight :D

Edshugeo
September 8th, 2006, 04:15
I cancelled my Amazon.com order on Tuesday as it hadn't even shipped at that point. Picked it up today at a local Gamestop and found that I could play the game in DevHook. It comes with a 2.71 update. I expected it would require 2.8 (which I expect to be emulated within the next coupl'a weeks or so). How long does PSP games normally take to catch up to firmware releases?