PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Theft of Sony Playstations!

wraggster
November 19th, 2010, 11:19
News via http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/trailer-theft-sony-playstations-70888/

Since we have alot of members here, and alot of them are in Canada, including my area of the woods (Toronto/GTA), I decided to post this, as it out-right problem, noone should be STEALING machines for any reason, and I want to do my best to help catch these ****ers ASAP, so if anyone sees one for sale or you are being offered one for sale, please report it to the right people ASAP!

Quote:
Peel Police - Trailer Theft of Sony Playstations - November 18, 2010

Officers from the Commercial Auto Crime Unit would like to alert the public about a significant theft of Sony Playstations and gaming equipment from the Brampton area.

On Monday, November 15, 2010, at approximately 6:30 p.m., a 1998, 53 foot, STRI light blue trailer was parked on Eastern Avenue in Brampton. The trailer has the inscription “Werner” printed in yellow on the side and a Nebraska licence plate of 85619. The trailer load contained just under $500, 000.00 worth of Sony products, including PS3 and PSP games and consoles.

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010, at approximately 6:30 p.m., a 1998, 53 foot, STRI White trailer was parked on Eastern Avenue in Brampton. The trailer has the inscription “XTRA LEASE” printed in maroon on the side and an Ontario licence plate of T62046. The trailer load contained just over $500, 000.00 worth of Sony products, including PS3 and PSP games and consoles.

On Wednesday November 17, 2010, at approximately 6:45 p.m., the victim attended Eastern Avenue in order to deliver the trailers to their destination. The trailers were missing and have since been reported stolen.

Total value of theft of the Sony products is estimated at over 1 million dollars.

The Peel Regional Police would like to remind members of the public that, not only is it a criminal offence to steal property, it also a criminal offence to be found in possession of stolen property.

Anyone approached about the sale and/or purchasing of Sony products, or who has any information on this case, should contact the Peel Regional Police Commercial Auto Crime Unit at 905-453-3311 extension 3313. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers.