PDA

View Full Version : the Demo disk

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 5th, 2006, 10:54
What is the main difference between say a game and a preview of it you see on an ODCM disk? How much easiar to get into a demo disk? how can they get all those games on one disk? Is it possible to get the info needed from that to get into the real full game?

Darksaviour69
September 5th, 2006, 11:03
they are just demos, not the full games, thats how they are fitted in....

Is it possible to get the info needed from that to get into the real full game?
whats do you mean?

btw just to make clear, dcemu does not allow talk about hacking commerical games.

assesoffire
September 5th, 2006, 14:18
its only part of a game on the disc, not the full thing...

VampDude
September 6th, 2006, 02:50
lmao, goodluck trying to get into the full games...

...if it was the full games on demodisks developers would'nt make any money, the way they make money is by allowing magazines with demodisks to publish a playable level (or 2) of their games so that people can see if they like the game or not before buying!

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 6th, 2006, 05:53
they are just demos, not the full games, thats how they are fitted in....

whats do you mean?

btw just to make clear, dcemu does not allow talk about hacking commerical games.
Yea i know that. I want to know how much they are likely to differ though. is the code any differtent or is it just a clean cut?

And are you sure it s against the rules to talk about? is the demo under this rule? I'm trust trying to figure out if the demo has got as much protection and if the source code could be salvaged from it..

Darksaviour69
September 6th, 2006, 09:17
yes its against the rules are the demo is still under copyright.

really a demo is no different from a normal game, just less of it. some demo do differ from the game released as its still being developed on when the demo is released ( most demo has a screen saying " this game is still under development and does not repsent the final version)

and no, the source could no be salvaged from it.

you see, the source is never/ or is not needed to be included with the final working game.

basic source is where the game is written in a higher programing language, like C++, then the compile it, which turns it into machine code (binary, 01001010 etc) you can't turn it back to a higher programing language onces it binary.

some files like 3 model etc are left as they are, but the actual game code is unread able (well pretty much)

i pretty sure that the full story, and coders want to correct me?

assesoffire
September 8th, 2006, 20:12
doesnt it compile it to "executable code"?
and isnt there decompilers for certain code?