PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Phone - wtf

wraggster
September 5th, 2006, 19:22
From a Cnet Article (http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/ontheradar/0,39050922,39418173,00.htm):

Well, not quite yet. According to Sony Ericsson's senior vice president of Product and Application Planning, Rikko Sakaguchi, the company "is working on something" (related to the PlayStation phone), although he claims that "the surprise must be kept for the future". Speaking at a media conference in Malmo, Sweden, as part of the company¡¯s upcoming 5th anniversary celebrations in October, Sakaguchi added that the objective was not to create a gaming device but one that integrates both the gaming and communication functions.

Freaky eh

ACID
September 5th, 2006, 19:25
wtf are they for real. who will even want this.

gymnotropic
September 5th, 2006, 19:50
Well, if it worked well for me and was cheap I would consider it. It'd be one less thing to carry around.

M!ckeY
September 5th, 2006, 19:53
lmao, a playstation phone...bahahahaha:D

rmedtx
September 5th, 2006, 20:46
Hey, It might be a Video Phone... :p

S34MU5
September 5th, 2006, 21:09
it sounds good. would look bad

hiptanaka
September 5th, 2006, 21:54
interesting...

mavsman4457
September 6th, 2006, 00:01
This is a great idea. I know make it part of the next PSP's firmware. Oh wait nevermind that wouldn't gain them any money.

lilvietquoc
September 6th, 2006, 00:24
y not just make a homebrew like.... Skype for psp, an all we need is a socom headset XD

gamesquest1
September 6th, 2006, 00:58
eerrrrrrr n-gage anyone........dunno if they had some form of psp which you could put a sim in with gps i reckon this would be the most perfect in car piece of kit and cheaper than buying a mobile , a gps system a in card dvd player and a games system i think it would be an amazing idea but i think they are just thinking along ngage lines such as tombraider.......but except more console design such as psp style analogue stick and shoulder buttons, still think my idea would be better:cool:

DragonPimpsta
September 6th, 2006, 01:51
welll, they are making cellphones that look like ipods, now they are making psps that look are phones? wow, if i ever see anyone talking on their psp phone, imma yell LOSER!!! because it'd look so unstylish

Tonx_9
September 6th, 2006, 01:52
this could be a kool feature

Cooe14
September 6th, 2006, 02:59
It's gonna be the n-gage all over again.

VampDude
September 6th, 2006, 03:08
Hey, It might be a Video Phone... :p

correction a VideoGame Phone!

rdetagle
September 6th, 2006, 04:55
why is everyone so down about the idea of a psp phone? i think it'd be great if its free like skype. i dont have a cellphone now cuz i dont wanna shell out massive amounts of $ to phone companies for something that costs them virtually nothing. and as far as being unstylish, u use a headset anyway, of course.

donne
September 6th, 2006, 08:19
It's not the idea.. Sony should be more focussing its energy to produce more great games instead of things that's so commonly owned nowaday.. I mean, we (or at least I) bought PSP for games and if there were many great games on PSP I'd never thought I had time for chit-chat calls..