PDA

View Full Version : NDS: DSlink reviewed

scorpei
September 5th, 2006, 21:40
http://simon.teunvandeberg.nl/nifi/reviews/DSlink/pictures/HPIM1009(edited)(small).gif
Hi all,
Here (http://simon.teunvandeberg.nl/nifi/reviews/DSlink/DSlink.html)'s my review of the DSlink slot-1 media adapter for the Nintendo DS.
Special thanks go to the Ediy developers (http://www.ds-link.net/)
Cheers,
Scor

p.s. respond via comments :)

wraggster
September 5th, 2006, 22:22
damn your lucky :)

i want i want ;)

i wish i had connections :P

wraggster
September 5th, 2006, 22:24
cracking review btw :)

ninja9393
September 5th, 2006, 22:52
how much does the dslink cost?

phantastic
September 5th, 2006, 23:53
you still need to flash your ds??... gay
if this was cheap then maybe i will get it but if its expensive then i ratherer buy a m3 lite with gba support

kcajblue
September 6th, 2006, 00:40
if this was cheap then maybe i will get it but if its expensive then i ratherer buy a m3 lite with gba support
you should go with an M3 Lite or SC Lite.

Hevyduty
September 6th, 2006, 00:50
If this thing had a built-in passme functionality, it MIGHT be okay. But the fact that you need to flash your DS to get the most out of it is a seriously fatal flaw. I mean, if you've already flashed your DS, why do you really needs this? Is it really that much more useful and exciting to run code from the DS slot instead of the GBA slot?

The answer might be YES if the DSLink was a passme/flashcart combo card. That would be cool. But since it isn't, I find it incredibly underwhelming.

Not only that, but the Maxconsole review of the DSLink showed some serious incompatibility problems with homebrew and even some commercial NDS roms. They found the DS Link difficult to recommend.

Similar and vastly superior products will be here shortly. Don't waste your time and money on this one.

nunofgs
September 6th, 2006, 02:53
Wait, I thought there was no need to patch games? That all you had to do was drag+drop them on to the card?

ComixSans
September 6th, 2006, 03:24
As far as homebrew support goes its probley to early to say. It dependes if coders find it difficult to get there stuff running on it. I am pritty happy with my supercard though, patching stuff is'nt a real problem most of the time.

Quay Cur
September 6th, 2006, 05:58
I still couldn't gather from the review if you can do GBA stuff from the DSLink. I know that they also make a GBALink flashcart for the GBA slot. If all I had was a DSLink and stuck a GBA rom on it would it run?

scorpei
September 6th, 2006, 07:20
how much does the dslink cost?
41 euro's at bambogaming.com (please look for it yourself, I stated that bamboogaming sold it).

I still couldn't gather from the review if you can do GBA stuff from the DSLink. I know that they also make a GBALink flashcart for the GBA slot. If all I had was a DSLink and stuck a GBA rom on it would it run?

Note: DSlink only plays DS games, not GBA! But .gba files are detected, probably because of the GBA link function.

scorpei
September 6th, 2006, 07:21
cracking review btw :)
Thnx :), I try to make them good :D.

kokcona
September 6th, 2006, 11:49
dose it support sleep mode?

scorpei
September 6th, 2006, 13:27
Yep, works like a charm :P.

ACID
September 6th, 2006, 16:19
Ok no info on if it plays GBA roms. Price of the card. AND if it supports zipped files. I more then likely will get it any weys but its nice to know this things. And where can we get them.

You should consider a supercard lite its better

scorpei
September 6th, 2006, 16:28
Ok no info on if it plays GBA roms. Price of the card. AND if it supports zipped files. I more then likely will get it any weys but its nice to know this things. And where can we get them.

You should consider a supercard lite its better
You haven't read my review, and if you did you should read it again and this time take more then 2 seconds.
I clearly state DSlink (obviously) does not play GBA roms (I have even quoted the part where it states that in this thread).
The price of the card is not specifically needed for my review, and depends highly on the store.
And I clearly state you can buy it at BamBooGaming.com (also stated in this thread).

p.s. saying that one card is better then another is very strange, as it depends on who looks at the products and what the expectations are.