PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Phantasia

wraggster
September 6th, 2006, 06:43
New Commercial game release:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-tales-phan-jap.jpg

A PSP version of the 1995 Super Famicom game (the first in the long-running Tales saga). As the title suggests, the PSP version includes full voice for its dialog. Bandai Namco has also added all the bonus elements that were found in the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance remakes, as well as the ability to load from anywhere on your quest, including towns and dungeons. New to this edition is a Grade Shop system from more recent Tales titles -- once you clear the game and start a new game using the clear save data, you're given a "grade" which can be used to purchase various bonuses.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-tales-phan-jap8.jpg

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-tales-phan-jap7.jpg

More info/Buy here --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=9318&lsaid=219793

kcajblue
September 6th, 2006, 06:46
this is another port isnt it.

Veskgar
September 6th, 2006, 07:03
WHAT! Are you serious? This is a total surprise and most definite welcome. This is one of the best retro-style RPG's. Retro & RPG are the perfect combo for the PSP. I had no idea this game was in the works. I hope very much for an ENGLISH language version.

M!ckeY
September 6th, 2006, 07:12
this game is going to be awesome :)

Gene
September 6th, 2006, 07:59
looks promising but is it really, thats my Q

Uruz 6
September 6th, 2006, 08:37
I was waiting for this one.. I only hope it'll come out in english.
kcajblue this is no port it's a remake (ever seen the original on the SNES?).

donne
September 6th, 2006, 09:58
I think it was Sufami, not SNES orginally.. And being a 40+meg cart with voices, it was quite an achivement at that time.. But I liked PS' Tales of Destiny more.. I don't know why..

Oh btw, was Gundam Battle Tactics any good ?

Uruz 6
September 6th, 2006, 10:04
I though the SNES version was the first.. oh well.
Since we're talking about voices, the opening song "the dream will not die" is the first song to be put in a game. I also played Tales of destiny and it was interesting (no wonder they're making a ps2 remake) but Phantasia is still my all-favourite Tales.

As for Gundam Battle Tactics it's one of my favorite games, of course it's in japanese, but most of the menus are in english and controls are quick to learn (same as Federation vs Zeon).

one winged angel
September 6th, 2006, 10:21
my favourite is tos then top

Paiku
September 6th, 2006, 15:25
Heh, I saw ALOT of ToP advertisment in japan 3 weeks ago, really neat!

(..ah miss akihabara)

ACID
September 6th, 2006, 15:34
Man this is great. Cant wait

SpacemanSpiff
September 6th, 2006, 16:40
Hopefully they'll tone down the ridiculously high random encounter rate that ruined the SNES version.

Uruz 6
September 6th, 2006, 16:52
Now now it wasn't that bad.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 6th, 2006, 17:07
Good Game,wwwooottttt!!!!!!

SpacemanSpiff
September 6th, 2006, 17:17
Now now it wasn't that bad.
Yeah it was, you literally couldn't run for 2 seconds without starting a random battle.

QueadlunnRau
September 6th, 2006, 17:26
I LOVED THE SNES Port with the english patch (Although I got stuck somewhere around playing 12 hours into it). I LOVED THE NEW TALES OF ETERNIA (Well new to PSP that is), I am gonna love revisiting this game again. ^_^

one winged angel
September 6th, 2006, 17:41
@queadlunneau have you played tales of symphonia its really awsome

QueadlunnRau
September 6th, 2006, 17:43
@queadlunneau have you played tales of symphonia its really awsome

I heard that game is awsome as well. ^_^ Unfortunately no one I know has a Game cube. =( But now it's soo cheap that I just might have to get one!

Does the Gamecube support HD?

Uruz 6
September 6th, 2006, 17:50
I heard that game is awsome as well. ^_^ Unfortunately no one I know has a Game cube. =( But now it's soo cheap that I just might have to get one!

Does the Gamecube support HD?

Why not wait for the Wii? seems like it'll read GameCube games too.

I'm no nintendo fanboy, really, but given that the chances of the ps3's price dropping back in the stratosphere are kinda grim (and its recent pushback..)
I guess I'll go for the 360+Wii Plan.

QueadlunnRau
September 6th, 2006, 18:03
Why not wait for the Wii? seems like it'll read GameCube games too.

I'm no nintendo fanboy, really, but given that the chances of the ps3's price dropping back in the stratosphere are kinda grim (and its recent pushback..)
I guess I'll go for the 360+Wii Plan.

That's a pretty good idea!

Yeah I have no plans to get the PS3 anytime soon, the Xbox360 wore me down pretty good, the Wii if it comes out for $250 would be a great change of pace from the $400+ next gen console prices.

Mang I am browsing around and the Gamecube has some pretty great games for it ... Now I cannot wait for the Wii!

Isulduir
September 6th, 2006, 22:19
I e-mailed namco support and they stated there are no plans for a us release. That Bites this is an awesome game on the snes, (Translated rom ver.). Just wish they would release it in the us. Looks promising with the new features.

QueadlunnRau
September 6th, 2006, 22:32
I e-mailed namco support and they stated there are no plans for a us release. That Bites this is an awesome game on the snes, (Translated rom ver.). Just wish they would release it in the us. Looks promising with the new features.

When it comes to games the US always gets screwed ... Damn I need to learn to read Japanese.

JD/
September 7th, 2006, 00:18
When it comes to games the US always gets screwed ... Damn I need to learn to read Japanese.
dont we all lol + this version has voice overs but i mght just stick to the gba version :)

trezzer
September 7th, 2006, 14:48
Tales of Phantasia doesn't looke like it has quite the same quality as the Tales of Eternia port :/

I've played the GBA version recently (which also has cooking etc. added) and the graphics are crisper and much nicer to look at in spite of the smaller resolution.

If the PSP version gets save anywhere functionality I'll get it though.

Cooe14
September 8th, 2006, 00:35
Too all you tales veterans out there. All I am going to say is the snes ToP boat scene. :p

Uruz 6
September 9th, 2006, 22:20
Got my hands on it.. Tales of Phantasia remake..
although in japanese (by the way, voices are excellent) the game is incredible (Mint rulez)!!

pibs
September 9th, 2006, 22:25
i think i had this game for ps2 or atleast the name sounds very familiar.

edit: scratch that nvm got confused with another game:confused:

i was thinking of Ephemeral Fantasia and that game sucked....... no wonder i got it for free:mad:

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 22:59
Yeah, ti's a nice game :)

flashfactor7
December 14th, 2006, 23:03
Yea the boat scene of ToP is the funniest scence of any video game so far.

carlitx
December 14th, 2006, 23:33
Sounds awsom im playin the gba version with gpsp now on the ol psp. and btw is this from the same line as tales of Symphonia for the game cube cause that game is my fav gc game!?