PDA

View Full Version : Mini Power Cooling System for PSP

wraggster
September 6th, 2006, 18:19
New from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=psp-mpcool)

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo/images/products/psp-mpcool.jpg

Features :
1. Strong and Powerful wind to cool down the PSP system
2. Compact size. Light weight and high efficient cooling product.
3. Built in rechargeable battery , you can use USB charge cable , car lighter adapter or PSP AC adapter to charge the battery.
4. Quick charge 3 hours can continuous use 20 hours , fully charge 4.5 hours can continuous use 30 hours.

But does it actually work :P

Emeriastone
September 6th, 2006, 18:28
I read a review about one of these and it said that it didn't work, but how can I know for sure without owning one. Is it a stretch to say that I've not known my PSP to have overheating problems?

Mr. Shizzy
September 6th, 2006, 18:31
Have PSP's been overheating or something?

Nafogel
September 6th, 2006, 18:36
I use my psp all the time, and it has never gotten anywhere near overheating, it doesnt really even heat up at all. I dont really see any need for this, unless maybe I'm playing my psp in the middle of the Sahara, which will NEVER happen, lol

samidgley
September 6th, 2006, 18:37
I wonder if anyone will ever buy one, lol

Tinnus
September 6th, 2006, 19:11
Might come in handy when you're in a hot place and want some good wind in your face :D

Not for the PSP though :p It's not like it doesn't actually cool it, but I don't think it is in need of any cooling.

Facho
September 6th, 2006, 19:16
Even on the hottest days my psp never got warm.

troom
September 6th, 2006, 19:51
I live in arizona the hottis place in north america iv played my psp outside in my az room for 8 hrs at 114 outside and it never overheated did not get hot at all so im wondering how hot does it get in china for them to make something so worthless

Zourn
September 6th, 2006, 19:55
It's to make people feel cool, like putting a huge spoiler on a Civic.

troom
September 6th, 2006, 20:18
lol oh i get it like putting a 1,000 doller radio in a ford pinto haaaaaaaaaaa

M!ckeY
September 6th, 2006, 20:21
@ troom

lmao:D

Veskgar
September 6th, 2006, 20:50
Well, the PSP gets noticably warm/hot when using WiFi for long periods. Some emulators have temperature readings i.e. 34C. I thought I read a while back that if the PSP gets to 34C you should turn it off and let it cool shortly. I've had my PSP since U.S. launch day and I'm constantly over-clocking it and no problems yet.

I have doubts about this actually working efficiently, but I would not be surprised if over-heating can be a concern. Especially after owning your PSP for 2-3 years.

idapimp
September 6th, 2006, 21:23
this is the dumbest crap ever.

Tinnus
September 6th, 2006, 21:24
Of course, since you're not REALLY overclocking.

And 34 is not that hot, you ordinary PC CPU works around 50-60 most of the time, and that's assuming you have half decent cooling.

One more point: if someone told you you should only get it to 34, it probably works ok up to 40 or something ;)

gymnotropic
September 6th, 2006, 21:37
Of course, since you're not REALLY overclocking.
Well... someone could attempt going over 333 MHz and see if it works well, right?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
September 6th, 2006, 22:10
LOL, it's just LOL

bandit
September 6th, 2006, 22:17
I read a review about one of these and it said that it didn't work, but how can I know for sure without owning one. Is it a stretch to say that I've not known my PSP to have overheating problems?
That is where the PSP Review Site comes in. There is a thread on my forum that lets you request items for review if you're interested in buying and item and want to know before purchasing.

I'll see if I can get a review on this. Keep and eye on my site.

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 7th, 2006, 00:57
Yer, again running it at 333mhz is NOT over-clocking. It's the native clock-speed.

I've never had mine over-heat, or even do anything too weird and I use it heaps. It's understandable if something strange happend when running homebrew, but still pretty good. I don't even have a dead pixel.:p

Just gimmicky crap. Strapped to the side of an X-Box 360 I could understand, but a PSP? Pfft. Sony did an awesome job with any heating concerns... Funnily enough, I don't think they had to do much... PSP is pretty small, and alot of heat probably transfers to your hands or something?:)

Tony99
September 7th, 2006, 01:13
my psp never over heated but sometimes when playing for 1 to 2 hours my psp gets hot(sometime burns my hand)
on the bottom side where the memory card slot is at, isnt that weird shouldnt it get hot where the battery side is at?

Browncoat
September 7th, 2006, 06:01
My PSP's memory stick area gets warm, but only if it's doing some major file work. Even then, it's definitely not enough to warrant purchasing such a poorly timed product. Maybe if they thought of the idea sooner and released it on the PSP's launch day, some PSP-ignorant consumers would have bought this crapola.

mr_nick666
September 7th, 2006, 08:46
Even on the hottest days my psp never got warm.

I have played the PSP for very extended periods of time (very very extended! :rolleyes: ) and Ive NEVER had any problems with heat! :) Im not sure they'll sell many of these (unless Satan provides PSPs in the eternal firey pit of damnation... They'd probably be 2.8 firmware too! :eek: )

Like your Foamy avatar Facho! ;) (Foamy rules!)

razorak
September 7th, 2006, 09:04
mine gets heated up after some time...but that's because my hands are abnormally warm though...all my handhelds and even my handphone experienced the same thing without need of a cooler...lol

Physicist
September 7th, 2006, 13:16
My psp has been up to 40C for hours at a time and suffered no problems in the slightest. There are no benefits from buying this, but on the downside - do you really want another moving part on your psp? I dont see the battery lasting 30 hours.