PDA

View Full Version : New PSP Pack Coming?

wraggster
September 6th, 2006, 19:51
News via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/original/new-psp-pack-coming-198681.php)

While UMDs get cheap in Japan, the PSP is apparently going to get a discount. An insider brings word that "in about two weeks, Sony is stealth-releasing a new PSP pack." What does it contain? Our insider dishes:

1 PSP system
1 GB memory stick
1 UMD movie (Lords of Dogtown)
1 PSP game (ATV Off-road Fury: Blazin' Trails)
And the grand kicker? MSRP is $249.99. Let me say I have no clue what Lords of Dogtown is, and that's because I live in Japan, and Chaplin's City Lights is just hitting theaters here. But, our own Mark Wilson tells me that the film is "blah." The portable definitely needs a boast against the DS, which has been kicking the snot out of it. This latest PSP pack could be attractive for those who have been steering clear of Sony's portable system. And by "clear," we mean "way clear." Not sure if Lords of Dogtown is gonna do it, though.

Combustolux
September 6th, 2006, 20:02
this has been posted atleast twenty times stop posting it

Veskgar
September 6th, 2006, 20:37
Not sure if Lords of Dogtown is gonna do it, though.
No, that alone won't do that. But it is a great movie. Its about the early days of skateboarding and the pioneers at the forefront of one of the biggest adolescent subcultures in America.

Cloud_35
September 6th, 2006, 21:13
Nah.

The movie was (for my opinion) BORING!

slayer2psp
September 6th, 2006, 21:27
its not bad if your into skateboarding. isnt that what sony wants is that 16 and up on the go skater kid with his psp in pocket mp3s blearning in there ears

idapimp
September 6th, 2006, 21:28
lords of dogtown is alright. the documentary "Dogtown and Z-Boys" by stacy peralta is much, much better though.

Veskgar
September 6th, 2006, 22:27
its not bad if your into skateboarding. isnt that what sony wants is that 16 and up on the go skater kid with his psp in pocket mp3s blearning in there ears
Yeah, until they land a kick-flip wrong and smash their PSP to bits in the fall. An iPod would probably be better suited.

The PSP's age market was older at first but as the PSP gets older, the agegroup is geting younger. I believe it was originally getting mostly 24-32 yr old male buyers. Now its getting younger.

Cooe14
September 6th, 2006, 23:18
I liked lords of dogtown.

gimpyjr
September 7th, 2006, 00:03
Hey guys. I am so happy right now! I was just in best buy this afternoon when I saw a MS pro duo for $59.99 I jumped on it. I I went to the counter and they scanned the item and said that will be $109.00 I said no! It says on the rack 59.99. The girl at the counter said wait a moment and then came back and said you are right our mistake today is your lucky day! I feel so sorry for the poor stockboy who screwed that up (probably getting fired right now) but I was amazed I got a 2 gig card for almost 50% off. :-) sorry to be off topic!

enjoy your day

Video_freak
September 7th, 2006, 00:05
I don't care what packs they make, just simply because the PSP will come with 2.8+. :mad:

Veskgar
September 7th, 2006, 00:53
You did indeed get a great deal on that 2GB PRO Duo gimpyjr - Congrats!

I don't care what packs they make, just simply because the PSP will come with 2.8+. :mad:
That is sooo true! At this stage in the game, I could not imagine having a PSP without 1.50 firmware. I would compare owning a 2.80 or 2.81 PSP to having an iPod with just 32MB of storage. It would be severely limited in capabilities and multimedia functionality.