PDA

View Full Version : DS Phat Crack Problems

wraggster
September 6th, 2006, 23:07
Via DS Fanboy (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/09/06/ds-phat-hooked-on-crack/)

When the big scare of hinge damage on a massive scale to shipments of DS Lites in America hit, we were all going over our units with a magnifying glass. We were all thankful that Nintendo was so kind as to offer free repairs for damaged handhelds. Turns out the issue might not only be Lite-exclusive.

During the latest podcast from VGM Daily, it's revealed that a DS Phat developed a rather large crack at the hinge. If you're one of the few who didn't trade up for their DS Lite and kept your old unit, you might want to go check at the bottom of that dusty old box out in the garage that currently houses your DS Phat and make sure it's without crack.

woods05
September 6th, 2006, 23:15
Well, I've had my Original Nintendo DS for more than a year and a half and it has no problems with the hinge or anything else.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 6th, 2006, 23:25
I hate how they down the AWESOME DS. The DS lite sucks.

CampaKaze
September 6th, 2006, 23:31
I think the lite is much better, just my preference

Junixx
September 6th, 2006, 23:42
My brother had got a crack on the hinge on his DS Phat, but i think that was only because he dropped it on a hardwood floor

Ani-Monster
September 7th, 2006, 00:08
my small hinge on my ds phat is 100% broken off. I was creative and make a hinge out of elastic tho XD

Video_freak
September 7th, 2006, 00:12
I hate how they down the AWESOME DS. The DS lite sucks.
Exactly! At least one thing we agree on Nazi. ;)

havoc_012
September 7th, 2006, 00:46
My DS phat hinge is fine. Sorry I don't really like the DS lite becuase of how far the gba carts stick out. You can't really put it in your pocket without it snaging. DS Phat FTW.

kcajblue
September 7th, 2006, 02:08
wouldnt they have found these "cracks" when the DS Phat first came out.

Junixx
September 7th, 2006, 02:27
my small hinge on my ds phat is 100% broken off. I was creative and make a hinge out of elastic tho XD

Try replacing your shell if you could bear with taking your DS apart ;)

linus_south
September 7th, 2006, 18:58
this is old as hell news and it's not really news ,
my hinge on my old one is broken all to hell and back.
it has been broken for a few months but i had to really beat the hell out of it .. and it only cracked after a major drop. it then only broke after the cracked system was used over a month or so.

Ani-Monster
September 7th, 2006, 23:33
it weird;

i drop it down 3 flights of stairs: nothing

it falls off my bed: hinge breaks off

and no i dont wanna take me ds apart :P

NoQuarter
September 7th, 2006, 23:51
Why don't you like the DS lite video freak?
I think the new black DS lite is sexy.

kcajblue
September 8th, 2006, 01:15
the DS lite is awesome :D