PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth to JB a PS3 if I have a modded 360?

mike_jmg
December 7th, 2010, 00:14
I own a PS3, a modded X360 and two CFW PSPs.

Mine is a 60Gb model with 4 usb ports and card reader, it is still on FW 3.41

so my question is, is it worth it to also Jailbreak the PS3, also, is it worth keeping it at all?

I only use it for the exclusives I like which have been God of War 3 and Killzone 2, also some adhoc party for Yugioh 5ds but nothing else.

I have access to emulators on Psp and my PC which is the main part I like about homebrew.

Only exclusives I'm looking foward are, Killzone 3 and The last Guardian.

I'm also on the verge of selling it to a friend and buying a Nintendo Wii, among other things, it is going to get modded as well, and it's mainly to play some GC games I missed and seem worth it, along with some of the decent wii like SMBB, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Metroid Other M, among others

So, what do you think people

Shrygue
December 8th, 2010, 19:51
OMG you have the launch model 60GB PS3? Don't sell it, keep it! They're hard things to find, jailbreak it instead. Once the ball on PS3 homebrew starts going, there should be some good stuff being made, perhaps even custom firmware too. All that with the ability to still access the Playstation Network and bring back Linux support too.

mike_jmg
December 8th, 2010, 22:25
I know it's kind of a rare gem, but I need the money and also I have no real use for it. I played the shit out of my ps2 and there is nothing I really want to get back to, I only have one Blu-ray movie and I'm not planing on purchasing more as they are kind of expensive.

I'm selling it to a friend, maybe I can buy it back from him later, as he only wants it to play MGS4

VampDude
December 14th, 2010, 13:08
I have my 60GB machine jail broken and upgraded to 320GB, whilst my slim at 500GB will never experience the light of day as to the homebrew scene, but remains my regularly updated gaming console. :)

I'm selling it to a friend, maybe I can buy it back from him later, as he only wants it to play MGS4

The funny thing about that... Is I've had my slim for a year and not yet even entertained the thought of playing my MGS4, but that's the downside of buying 40+ games and not having the time to play them all (even FFXIII). :(

BlueCrab
December 14th, 2010, 14:51
The funny thing about that... Is I've had my slim for a year and not yet even entertained the thought of playing my MGS4, but that's the downside of buying 40+ games and not having the time to play them all (even FFXIII). :(That's quite all right, FFXIII absolutely sucks anyway. It looks pretty, but if you're a fan of the old games, stay away from it.

VampDude
December 15th, 2010, 22:01
That's quite all right, FFXIII absolutely sucks anyway. It looks pretty, but if you're a fan of the old games, stay away from it.

I haven't played XII either, FFX-2 was the last in the series I attempted to play before losing the general interest after loving FFX.

mike_jmg
December 18th, 2010, 00:40
FFX-2 is just some failed attempt of continuing the greatness of FFX.

I too loved FFX, FFXII is just boring IMO, it feels a lot like FFXI online which I never liked.

A friend of mine who really likes RPGs told me FFXIII is a bit like FFX, so I might pick that one up.

Also, you kinda made me want to go back to my PS2.
I hooked it up today and after 20 minutes playing BLACK I realized I was done with PS2 games.

It's just that, I played the shit out of my Ps2 back in the day and I really enjoyed it. Now I feel there is no point in going back. And yes, I got my hands on almost every game that came out for that console.

Eviltaco64
December 18th, 2010, 19:18
The PS3's homebrew scene seems a lot more promising than 360's so far.

NullDC, Dolphin, PCSX2, and Yabause are a few emulators that are apparently in the works.